The Future Of U

Sep 2, 2002
I have a dream, and in that dream I am Dr. Bronner...

In my dream, I watch as the flight attendants ratify their contract. I then go ahead with getting the court to throw out the IAM contracts. The day after that I layoff every IAM employee that I don't want, and contract out their work. The following day I state that I am taking a back seat, a VERY back seat, and name a successor to Lakefield. This individual will be responsible for bringing things to life again. Employee programs are to be instituted that will reward, not punish the employees that have stood by U, and gotten us this far. Rather than sick time reviews, there will be rewards! Rather than sticks, carrots will be everywhere. A new day will dawn, a day where employees are treated like family again, not outlaw's! Christmas 2005; we'll have too many people on staff, not a 'meltdown.'

Seem far-fetched, not if Bronner really wants an airline, rather than an excuse!

In my opinion, there are only two ways ahead for U... The above 'dream,' or chapter 7.

Imamec said:

In my dream, I watch as the flight attendants ratify their contract. I then go ahead with getting the court to throw out the IAM contracts. The day after that I layoff every IAM employee that I don't want, and contract out their work. The following day I state that I am taking a back seat, a VERY back seat, and name a successor to Lakefield. This individual will be responsible for bringing things to life again. Employee programs are to be instituted that will reward, not punish the employees that have stood by U, and gotten us this far. Rather than sick time reviews, there will be rewards! Rather than sticks, carrots will be everywhere. A new day will dawn, a day where employees are treated like family again, not outlaw's! Christmas 2005; we'll have too many people on staff, not a 'meltdown.'

Seem far-fetched, not if Bronner really wants an airline, rather than an excuse!

In my opinion, there are only two ways ahead for U... The above 'dream,' or chapter 7.
[post="233235"][/post]​

Your dream is the only reality that will see USAirways survive and compete.

Imamec said:

[post="233235"][/post]​

In general it sounds like a very good dream. The devil of course is in the details. Things like not having people walk off the job if there are layoffs of IAM employees. And will people fly US with the uncertainty and recent troubles. One ray of hope is that in terms of how US tries to attract and motivate customers to higher fares, there is a lot of evidence that they have very recently changed from a stick to a carrot. The limitation of frequent flyer miles on cheap fares was a disaster for both US and Delta. US changed quickly, Delta changed back for 2005. The new US plan for 2005 is similar to the UA plan for 2004 and a little like the longstanding AA system. It rewards people in various ways for buying higher fares rather than punish them for lower fares. Maybe their worldview is shifting just a bit. Lets hope so.