The Galley Show - Part Deux

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
You know I'm getting really PO'ed at that Gnome in the Wendy's Shirt in 2C! Jeez doesn't she know we're an LCC now? 2 Pillows and a Blankie? GET REAL sweetie I have half a sudoku puzzle to finish and only 3 hours to do it? The nerve of some people expecting constant beverage service.

Oh I know Betty, I hear ya! just last week I had one of them cockroach guys on here, musts brought him a dozen Gin & Tonics. I think the grey haired old fart has a hollow leg. He gave me an A & B like that helps me get my hair done!

Note to self: make sure to bring ensure shakes and sodokudu to get on these aging fa's good sides. Obviously they have no idea who are dealing with. They better serve my mimosa with a smile or they'll be characters in my screen play. I don't ask for much. Just 3 extra helpings of cheesecake and a champagne drip. Low cost? My gnome arse. I had to pay 100 in taxes and almost had to pay to get into this "classy" seat.And burned my SA1p. :/

Omg, Gertrude, its ok. Stop crying. Just because that gnome organized a sing along using the Call buttons as music doesn't mean you have to answer EACH of them!

Here, put this in her champagne, and mix it. She'll pass out and won't wake up until the plane returns to Philly. Just make sure to move her to the last row in coach. She always blocks it for us anyway, this way we can use 1A to play pinochle. The sooner she passes out, the more cheesecake we'll have for later. I'm meeting up with one of the boys from the Argentine soccer team, they're playing in Manchester... You may not see me during this layover!

Note to self: make sure to bring ensure shakes and sodokudu to get on these aging fa's good sides.
Sodoku? That’s what the RSVs are doing when their too lazy to call scheduling back within 15 minutes. Us blockholders do crossword puzzles.

Sir, can I help you? You’re breaking FAR regulations by standing here in the galley. I’ll get you a gin & tonic when we reach a safe cruising altitude in 45 minutes. Now please take your seat or I’ll have the Air Marshal sitting in 2C arrest you.

Reactions: 1 person
Sodoku? That’s what the RSVs are doing when their too lazy to call scheduling back within 15 minutes. Us blockholders do crossword puzzles.

Sir, can I help you? You’re breaking FAR regulations by standing here in the galley. I’ll get you a gin & tonic when we reach a safe cruising altitude in 45 minutes. Now please take your seat or I’ll have the Air Marshal sitting in 2C arrest you.

Hortense, be nice now, those Reserves don't know any better. All they do is that OPRA duty, goin' to the Pilot's side and sittn' in the Lazy-Boy Loungers, and all ... and they get paid ALMOST as much as we do to Fly CLT-MYR, and we have to board those people with all those bags ... well, we just have to call the Union and DO something about this reserve system ....

Ma'am the wine is right there next to the snack basket so just make yourself at home and help yourself.

So anyways Betty....

Yes ma'am there are clean glasses in that rack right there...ahha no problem...

So Betty I am ready to call the union because those express gals coming up from PIT tried to tell me I couldn't bring all my bags and I had to remind them that I am international and mainline...and she tries telling me she is mainline too and that being a 190 is mainline...It is so pathetic those express gals trying to pretend to be mainline. And that new hire in the back is going on and on about calling the union over reserve ... helllllloooo i did reserve when i was a new hire back at Allegheny....uggh so can you believe how we sold our China flight to United and then we bought the Rio flight from United and gave it to the Charlotte gals. I think the Piedmont gals got in at headquarters and are giving all the good routes to Charlotte...I mean did you notice how little 767 flying there is that is straight Tues/Weds/Thurs on next month's bid sheet..I mean what is the point of the union...uuggghhh ok well I am going for my break now...can you believe she didn't double our break time? the new hires back there should do duty free both ways.

Reactions: 2 people
Sir, I am so sorry about the delay into CLT. It is 38 degrees there, and it could rain. It is an emergency, Governor Perdue said so. No one can get to work under such extreme circumstances. Yes I know you had to scrape your windows and drive through snow to get to the airport. It is a safety thing.

Betty what is the matter with these people?. Don't they know anything about Southern Culture. Yes Sir, we can comp you a drink. Have some of this Yadkin Valley wine. Just make sure the cab driver doesn't ask 'Can I get y'alls bags'? You would be better of driving yourself.

I saw Floyd finish the entire USA Today crosswords when turbulence made us sit down the whole flight in. Do you think he made good on his threat to go to college.

I would hate to lose Floyd. He is so good at humbling know-it-alls. Just yesterday some guy claiming to be a lawyer threatened to sue him because his credit card was denied. Floyd offered to comp his drink on his own card, which he knew had expired. When it was denied, he threatened to sue the lawyer for being a Schleprock.

Floyd is really good at reading comprehension. I saw him reading this on the jumpseat just before that incident occurred:

pebbles.jpg

Wowsie, wowsie, woo-woo.

Hi Betty, It's Gloria....why don't you and Floyd come up here before I make the announcement??...Uhhuh yeah I am just going to say it anyways....I can't risk another ankle injury keeping me out of work for another two years.

OK Floyd I set up a seat for you over there with the soda inserts.....Uhhhuh and all the magazines are in my magazine tote right there next to my makeup tote....

"Ladies and Gentlemen as the captain mentioned we will be experiencing periods of EXTREME turbulence during our flight today from PHL to LAX...therefore the captain has requested the flight attendants to remain seated for the ENTIRE flight for our safety. Therefore this flight will have no service. Please do not use the call light unless it is a medical emergency. If you press the call light we will have to obtain permission from the captain before responding. If you need to use the restroom you will do so at your own risk and only if the captain turns off the seatbelt sign....Thank you for your attention"

So Betty do you really think we should transfer to CLT to fly the 767 to Rio?

u press the call light we will have to obtain permission from the captain before responding. If you need to use the restroom you will do so at your own risk and only if the captain turns off the seatbelt sign....Thank you for your attention"

Not only does that man with the brownies not have his pants on, he got up while the seat belt sign was on. Have the sky marshal in 2C arrest him. Should I give the copier salesman his damn G&T so he will stop asking?

Betty, Floyd told me that his pal Bob...remember he was so crazy on those PIT-FRA layovers..well he is in CLT and holding Honolulu Tue/Wed/Thu on the 767....and he only has 30 years. I am really considering going to CLT. I think the commute is better too from PIT to CLT. There are more seats everyday. I mean they have 767 to Rio and Honolulu..let's do it.

Gloria, do you think we could go back to Brazil? With those soccer videos and all. Wouldn't some one recognize us?

If they do, I am IN!!!

Gloria, do you think we could go back to Brazil? With those soccer videos and all. Wouldn't some one recognize us?

If they do, I am IN!!!

Diane...those videos were done in a tasteful manner and as long as Mr. Holtz doesn't find out about them - I am not worried about it. I know it bothered my 3rd husband..remember Kevin the PSA captain? He really used them as an excuse for his alcoholism. Do you think we would still be able to pick up a soccer team? Floyd keeps telling me I am a real senior cougar.