THE LAGOON is history!

PHL BULL

Advanced
Aug 7, 2006
the Delaware County Daily News wed feb 21, "there is an agreement of sale with Strategic Realty" to make way for 248 town-houses...the people at the Lagoon are tight lipped and will not admit to it...it's just a matter of time untill they bulldose the dump...new homes will start in the low 200.000 range...time to think about a crash pad all the good ones are full...good luck to all that will be looking...read for yourself...website below

www.delcotimes.com

the Delaware County Daily News wed feb 21, "there is an agreement of sale with Strategic Realty" to make way for 248 town-houses...the people at the Lagoon are tight lipped and will not admit to it...it's just a matter of time untill they bulldose the dump...new homes will start in the low 200.000 range...time to think about a crash pad all the good ones are full...good luck to all that will be looking...read for yourself...website below

www.delcotimes.com
Oh my, imagine all the fat river rats that are going to scurry into the surrounding neighborhoods when they bulldoze that place.... :eek:

Hey, can I be the first to buy a 200,000.00 house in that beautiful neighborhood? The Lagoon is a dump and so is the area. Who in their right mind would want to pay that kind of money for a townhouse along that smelly, dirty river and airplanes zooming over your head? I say put a runway through it.

If you read the entire article you will note that it is not a "done deal." Plenty of politics and money still have to transact before it's gone.

Maybe 4 crewmembers could invest 50K each and have a pretty good investment along the banks of the Delaware River. I know, let's call it "Glide Slope Gardens"!

If you read the entire article you will note that it is not a "done deal." Plenty of politics and money still have to transact before it's gone.

Maybe 4 crewmembers could invest 50K each and have a pretty good investment along the banks of the Delaware River. I know, let's call it "Glide Slope Gardens"!
Now you know IF this gets built and when the people buy these condos, they will b!tch and moan about all the aircraft noise.

I say let the Military operate out of PHL then, and they can have a "FEW" loose bombs that accidentally falls off. The again maybe we can get Wilson Goode to fly the planes.

Party may be over for The Lagoon

JEFF GELMAN, Times Correspondent
02/21/2007

TINICUM -- Hotspot nightclub and bar The Lagoon may be closing to make way for 248 townhouses and condos, township officials said last night. There is an agreement of sale with Strategic Realty to shutter the popular destination on the waterfront in Essington and transform the site into one- and two-bedroom residential units, said Township Manager David Schreiber.

"Their preliminary plan looked pretty nice," he said.

The concept for the roughly nine-acre lot was given a thumbs up by Commissioners President Thomas Giancristoforo Jr.

"I think it’s a lot better than what’s there now." Giancristoforo was responding to resident Zurdi Dobi’s concern about a dramatic population increase in the township should construction take place.

Township officials stressed that the plan was "very preliminary." The developer would have to go through three or four township meetings before potentially receiving approval, which could take years, they said.

A woman who answered the phone at The Lagoon Tuesday night declined to comment, saying, "There’s nobody here to talk to about it (tonight). As far as we know, it’s not sold."

The Lagoon remains open, she added.

Formerly known as Walbers on the Delaware and briefly serving as a nightclub called Boomerangs, the Lagoon opened in 1994. The only location with a riverfront deck that offered a nightclub, restaurant and hotel on premises, The Lagoon quickly became the number one nightspot in Delaware County. Over the years, it attracted rock concerts, weddings and boxing matches -- even a celebrity fight featuring former figure skater Tanya Harding.

Among the necessary moves that must be made to potentially transform the location into housing are a traffic study and an analysis of whether utilities, such as water and sewer, could handle such an increased capacity, Schreiber said.

The proposed development would not be age-restricted housing. However, because the units would be relatively small, Schreiber said, the potential developers said they weren’t expecting a large amount of children to live there.

Preconstruction cost was estimated in the "low $200,000" range, according to officials. Schreiber did indicate that price could increase dramatically once the units were actually built.

©DelcoTimes 2007

Snobs at the Lagoon? Get real and have another Lassi!

I didn'treally say that. I said Lagoon "snobs." These are the folks who look down their noses at those of us who opt to go to the Days Inn.

We hear: "Oh! That place is way too far away. The Lagoon is so much more convenient."

Or: "It smells funny at the Days Inn."

Or: "The Days Inn is too dangeous."

Or (this is really a load of crap) are the comments about the ethnicity of the owners/staff of the Days Inn.

I have a feeling that suddenly none of these concerns will trump greed.

Hey, can I be the first to buy a 200,000.00 house in that beautiful neighborhood? The Lagoon is a dump and so is the area. Who in their right mind would want to pay that kind of money for a townhouse along that smelly, dirty river and airplanes zooming over your head? I say put a runway through it.
yea it's a dump but this dump gave me a 75% profit on my ROI...ha ha ha...or should I say ROI's ...gotta love the commuters...we will keep the light on for ya...if your good pay...it's great to be a capitolist...hey travelpro want a swamprat t-shirt...only 10.00 with airline discount... :up:

I didn'treally say that. I said Lagoon "snobs." These are the folks who look down their noses at those of us who opt to go to the Days Inn.

We hear: "Oh! That place is way too far away. The Lagoon is so much more convenient."

Or: "It smells funny at the Days Inn."

Or: "The Days Inn is too dangeous."

Or (this is really a load of crap) are the comments about the ethnicity of the owners/staff of the Days Inn.

I have a feeling that suddenly none of these concerns will trump greed.

Yo Dude. It's a friggin commuter hotel. The Days may be just a half star better than the good old Lagoon, but at least you can walk the local neighborhood and feel somewhat safe about it.

Everyone has a place they like or don't like for whatever reason. If your happy at the DI then so be it.

You are probably right though. Once the Lagoon boards up it will be hell to get a room at the DI on short notice with no reservation.

I must go now. My goat needs milking.

You are probably right though. Once the Lagoon boards up it will be hell to get a room at the DI on short notice with no reservation.
Preliminary and it will take years caught my attention. Commuters will be in PHX by then.

yea it's a dump but this dump gave me a 75% profit on my ROI...ha ha ha...or should I say ROI's ...gotta love the commuters...we will keep the light on for ya...if your good pay...it's great to be a capitolist...hey travelpro want a swamprat t-shirt...only 10.00 with airline discount... :up:
No thanks and by the way I did my 2.5 years at the Lagoon in my monthly room with 5 roomies. Those days are long over. I wouldn't go back there or anywhere near it if my life depended on it. I drive down 95 and cringe when I even pass the Essington/Prospect Park exit. That whole area is disgusting in EVERY way. I know there is money to be made off commuters. Good for you on that one. I myself got burned out over the whole thing. Like I said before, "Put a runway through it". :up:

Latest posts