The Latest Hangar News.

justaumechanic

Veteran
Dec 15, 2003
Here is what is floating around the hangars.

"The latest from today...........

The vote will pass ....real suprise... the union wants it, but we won't know for sure until Fri. Apparently Pit, Clt & Phl might not be enough to carry the vote.

Pit is to close Hgr 1 on March 1, and Hgr 2 on March 31.....

Hgr5 will go to 75/shift.....

Sheetmetal, composite, and machine shop will be the only shops left on base. Their numbers will be 14, 8, and 14. We don't know if that's 1st shift only or all three shifts."

justaumechanic said:
Here is what is floating around the hangars.

"The latest from today...........

The vote will pass ....real suprise... the union wants it, but we won't know for sure until Fri. Apparently Pit, Clt & Phl might not be enough to carry the vote.

Pit is to close Hgr 1 on March 1, and Hgr 2 on March 31.....

Hgr5 will go to 75/shift.....

Sheetmetal, composite, and machine shop will be the only shops left on base. Their numbers will be 14, 8, and 14. We don't know if that's 1st shift only or all three shifts."

[post="240674"][/post]​
dates are not certain......around march 6th give or take.....
2 bus 's' checks,h5 plus one drop in.....staffing for 5 day ops ..
737 q going into CLT as early as next week.
shops not totally certain as to their future.....company has leverage towards increased production with outsource option now.
proposal ratified but not yet certified......
and you wimps couldn't have striked if you wanted to.......
figure late 86 seniority to hold pit :shock:

delldude said:
dates are not certain......around march 6th give or take.....
2 bus 's' checks,h5 plus one drop in.....
737 q going into CLT as early as next week.
shops not totally certain as to their future.....company has leverage towards increased production with outsource option now.
proposal ratified but not yet certified......
and you wimps couldn't have striked if you wanted to.......
[post="240677"][/post]​

WOW.. We actually have almost the same news and you didn't tell me I
was an idiot!!! Blue Skies ahead..

Increased productivity in the shop.. Isn't that similar to Military Intelligence? Whats that called an Oxymoron??

justaumechanic said:
WOW.. We actually have almost the same news and you didn't tell me I
was an idiot!!! humble appologies...its been a rough ride...
Increased productivity in the shop.. Isn't that similar to Military Intelligence? Whats that called an Oxymoron??is like "sign zee papers olt man...sign zee papers..
[post="240679"][/post]​

i can see it now..all the high time sluggo's in the shops ramping up production in lieu of outsourcing ....

delldude said:

Let the whinning begin!!!!!! Most of the "Yes" voters got their wish, severence or a chance the work in Clt or Phl mids for the lucky ones!!!!! You will soon experience what USAirways "southern" brigade has experienced the past few........Good Luck and for all those still working.......Stop Complaining, You Voted for it, Get back to work!!!!!!!! :lol:

AP Tech said:
delldude said:

Let the whinning begin!!!!!! Most of the "Yes" voters got their wish, severence or a chance the work in Clt or Phl mids for the lucky ones!!!!! You will soon experience what USAirways "southern" brigade has experienced the past few........Good Luck and for all those still working.......Stop Complaining, You Voted for it, Get back to work!!!!!!!! :lol:
[post="240693"][/post]​
not me......
and i'm not leaving.....

Well all I can say is Good Luck!!!! :up: With any luck I will be in the first or second wave given walking papers. :up: Hopefully the company will still abide by their agreement but I really have my doubts!!

Unfortunately there are too many koolaide drinkers(over 50%) who believe all they are told :down: :angry: :down:

I don't see why there's so much surprise about it. People tend to vote their own self interest. This is why the final offer was crafted the way it was. All you have to do if you want the agreement to be ratified is offer just enough so that a majority of people, voting their own self interest, will vote Yes. If you really want to be sure, you sweeten the pot just enough to give yourself an extra margin of safety.

This is how it works in adversarial labor relationships.

That is why Jerry Glass is one of the best there is regards to labor relations. He was brought in to break the unions and extract concessions and he did just that! Love him or hate him he is one of the CCY executives who is doing his job.

AP Tech said:
Unfortunately there are too many koolaide drinkers(over 50%) who believe all they are told :down: :angry: :down:
[post="240712"][/post]​

i voted yes for proposal no for strike, because it is the best of both evils for everyone.

now i have 3 or 4 options i would't have if the vote is no .

1 i can quit/ fuorlogh

2 i can retire/fuorlogh

3 i can swap places with a fuorloghee

4 MOST IMPORTANT, those that want the company to thrive will have a chance to go at it.

5 I CAN STAY, i know 55k yr is not great but here in clt goes a long way.

i think some of you guys are right about the............" IAM SOLD US OUT"

AMT4U.

You sold yourself out by voting for it.

What is it going to take for all of you to understand the IAM could never have reached an agreement with US as they wanted 50% of the workforce to be laid off?

This is a final offer that you voted for, you are the one who makes the choice to vote for it, not your Negotiating Committee.

I hope you realize you just set back your profession 20 years and added to the Wal-Marting of America.

You are going to vote yourself out of being able to survive.