The Lunatics Are Still Out There

Fly

Veteran
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
I got this from another board.

This was sent to me from a friend. The actual f/a response is in bold

Sep 7, 2005 9:21 PM ET

DENVER (Reuters) - A man who hit a Frontier Airlines flight attendant and swore at her before being subdued by other passengers and duct-taped into submission was charged Wednesday with interfering with a flight crew.

Jason Glen Tervort, 26, struck a female flight attendant, yelled profanities, spit at and bit other passengers while on a Tuesday evening flight from Houston to Denver, according to a complaint filed by the FBI.

Tervort, who Denver police said had been recently discharged from the U.S. military, could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

According to the FBI complaint filed in federal court in Denver, Tervort walked "aggressively" up the center aisle of the airplane and declared, "Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make. My name is Jason."

When directed by a flight attendant to return to his seat, Tervort began pushing and poking the woman in the chest and shoulder while saying "I'm a man!," the complaint said.

Several men on the flight, which had 39 passengers, stood up to restrain Tervort in an apparently violent encounter in which several other passengers were forced from their seats, according to the complaint.

When Denver police boarded the plane on the arrival of Flight 147, they found Tervort face down at the rear of the airplane with a pool of blood and saliva near his head. His arms and legs had been bound by duct tape.

Denver police Detective Virginia Lopez said none of the passengers who physically intervened to subdue Tervort would be charged with a crime since none struck him after he was restrained.

Hi everyone. I'm doing ok, but will be off of work for the rest of the week. I'm quite shaken up and sore from muscle strain from fighting with this jerk. I'm not sleeping very well and basically I guess I'm just stressed. Frontier is being great thus far.

The press has cleaned up his language very much and they don't have it exactly right. He was seating in 13F
(an A318 has 19 rows). As I was serving the chips to the back half of the plane he got out of seat and was walking up the aisle towards me very aggressively. At first I just thought he was heading for the lav, but when he starting yelling "Ladies and Gentlemen I have an announcement to make. My name is J*&^% T%$^&*..." I said, "Sir you need to take your seat." This is when he proceeded to poke me in the chest very hard and yell, "I am a f*$&%g man!" This is all I heard b/c we began physically fighting in the aisle. I never hit him, just defended myself and braced myself to keep him from getting any further up the aisle. (We were at row 9 - the exit row). I believe this is why my back, neck and jaw are so sore. I think my muscles went so rigid. I feel like I've been in a car accident. I started yelling for help when he wouldn't let up and 5-6 male pax came to my aid. One of the FA's also came up from the back galley. (they had just finished the drink service and were putting the cart away). Mr Trevort continued to fight and thus was taken down on the aisle floor belly down. The other FA instructed the pax to do this. When he still wouldn't quit fighting and trying to spit and bite the decision was made to tape his ankles and wrists. This guy was not going to stop. We hoped we'd be able to get him under control and put him in the last row, but no such luck. We proceeded to carry him to the last row and again place him on the floor belly down. Because he continued to aggressively fight, spit and bite we were forced to tape him to the seat structures. This is not something we wanted to do, but for the safety of the pax and crew it had to be done. (He was spitting blood). I never witnessed him being hit by anyone. The vulgarity of his language and his actions is incomprehensible. He continued to fight until the police removed him from the aircraft in DEN.

All other 38 pax were awesome and I consider them all heroes. The 3 that were Katrina evacuees were teenage boys and they were so warm and nurturing to me. I've never cried so much in my life and been this frightened. The crew did everything by the book and I'm so proud of my crew. They too are heroes. I'll be fine in the long run. I'm going to see to it this creep gets the book thrown at him. He was supposed to be arrained today with a bail hearing set for next week.

Seems like they could let the FA's keep tazers locked up someplace for handling such people. Dealing with headcases on an aircraft needs to be taken care of quickly. Good thing they had the duck tape. :cold:

ta152 said:
Seems like they could let the FA's keep tazers locked up someplace for handling such people. Dealing with headcases on an aircraft needs to be taken care of quickly. Good thing they had the duck tape. :cold:
[post="301228"][/post]​

Too bad the idiot's still breathing. He'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist. Wish he'd ended up like the nutjob on Southwest back in the '90s (beaten to death by other passengers).

mga707 said:
Too bad the idiot's still breathing. He'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist. Wish he'd ended up like the nutjob on Southwest back in the '90s (beaten to death by other passengers).
[post="301436"][/post]​
I'd be willing to bet he won't get off with just a slap on the wrist.