The MAX arrives at Dallas Love Field...

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Do you know the seating configuration/capacity that WN is getting with the MAX? IIRC, the AA config will be between 175 and 200 passengers.
The Max -8 175 seats has the Boeing Sky interior same as our 737-800s, the airplane sits up 8 inches higher because the nose gear is taller, because of the bigger fan on the Leap engine.

Reactions: robbedagain
Do you know the seating configuration/capacity that WN is getting with the MAX? IIRC, the AA config will be between 175 and 200 passengers.

Hey Jim. Our seating will be 175 on the Max 8. 30 rows for us, 3 across each with one row of 2 seats at O/W exits (one row each side tot of 2). 3 lavs, 1 fwd and 2 aft. After seeing the Max's 175, hard to see how the heck you get up to 200 in there. I really don't see a way to get to 200 unless you remove all lavs and all galleys. Our pitch will be 32" I do believe (going by memory here) But if you reduce that down to 29 or 28 maybe you could get nearly 200 in there.

As I understand it, our minimum pitch will be 30 inches. There was going to be 3 rows of 29 inch pitch in the very back of the airplane, but that decision was reversed after much blowback from flight attendants and passengers. There is a MAX 10 in the works that will hold (supposedly) up to 225 passengers!!!. Forgot to add...it will also be something like 18 feet longer than the current 737s.

Last edited:
Do you guys have inseat IFE? AA won't have them. I'm sure the seats will have different demensions between non IFE and IFE equipped. May not be much but an inch here and there may add up to one less or more row. It may decide pitch for thinner or thicker seats.

Do you guys have inseat IFE? AA won't have them. I'm sure the seats will have different demensions between non IFE and IFE equipped. May not be much but an inch here and there may add up to one less or more row. It may decide pitch for thinner or thicker seats.
No just the wi fi on the aircraft, same Boeing Sky interior as our 800s.

I see them moving forward after the company and union agreed to move forward on issues holding the negotiations at bay. The Hawaiian routes are more important to the company than holding back on negotiations. Hopefully it's a good sign for everyone.

I see them moving forward after the company and union agreed to move forward on issues holding the negotiations at bay. The Hawaiian routes are more important to the company than holding back on negotiations. Hopefully it's a good sign for everyone.

Correct. The Hawaii flights are gonna be a huge reason why we get a new contract soon and now I might even say before the end of this year and maybe even before Oct. this year. We'll see where we are after this next week. Good luck in your nego's 1AA. I was sadly disappointed hearing that you guys went backwards in your last nego's with the company. It also seems really odd that AA is doing the exact same stall tactics as our company has done in the past. I also hope you guys won't have to wait as long as we have. I will post an update as soon as I get one.

Correct. The Hawaii flights are gonna be a huge reason why we get a new contract soon and now I might even say before the end of this year and maybe even before Oct. this year. We'll see where we are after this next week. Good luck in your nego's 1AA. I was sadly disappointed hearing that you guys went backwards in your last nego's with the company. It also seems really odd that AA is doing the exact same stall tactics as our company has done in the past. I also hope you guys won't have to wait as long as we have. I will post an update as soon as I get one.
Swampy if we look around all airlines Seem to push the envelope for maintenance. To see if they get impatient enough to bite on something, we didn't have it to bad. At American if you look at their situation you have the USair guys making more money, so Parker is seeing how desperate the American TWU guys might bite.

Read this article and was wondering if the delay by AA on the Max's has anything to do with SWA in nego's with Boeing for more Max's. SWA is in talks with Boeing about getting more Max's but, nothing has been mentioned on which Max they are in discussions about. Could it be the possible 10 being looked at? Remember some time back the co. said we will have to look at a larger aircraft in the future, could this be the time?? This is nothing but a guess on my part I know of nothing of any such evidence of them looking at a larger Max, but it would seem to me that the 10 could do very well with Hawaii, international, and maybe even getting to Canada...

BusinessPuget Sound Business Journal
Boeing's Dreamliner deal with American Airlines defers 737 deliveries

If the MAX 10 is in the plans, just remember it's a BIG airplane. It's approx. 15 feet longer than the MAX 8. From what I read, it's also taller than previous 737s because the engine are so much larger, they would drag the ground on a previous generation 737. New jetbridges at Love Field?