The new aa

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
A Message from Chairman and CEO Tom Horton​

Dear American Team:

This was a big week for American.

Our customers, our people, and our partners were literally able to see, touch, and even taste the future of our airline as we unveiled the redesign of our international widebody fleet. We will begin rolling out its industry-leading interiors and amenities, including lie-flat seating with direct aisle access, Wi-Fi and best-in-class inflight entertainment, by the end of this year when we take delivery of our first 777-300. We will be introducing more 777-300s with these features throughout 2013 and begin similarly retrofitting our existing international fleet.

From an operational perspective, we have great momentum coming out of the first quarter and April, when our revenue improvement significantly outpaced the industry average. Some people have been surprised by that performance, but the strong foundation we have in place – network, alliances, upgrades to products and services in the pipeline – has put us in a unique position. I am also more convinced than ever before that we have the best team in the industry. Over the past five months, you have stepped up for our customers, delivering the best on-time performance, baggage handling and customer service results we have seen in years. That is a testament to your professionalism.

Today brings yet another glimpse of our future, as our partners at Boeing stop at DFW with the 787 Dreamliner, one of the most eagerly anticipated airplanes in history. You can look forward to flying in this amazing new airplane, with its improved aerodynamics, fuel-efficiency, advances in engine technology, and reduced maintenance requirements, not to mention cabin features that will take the inflight experience to a new level of comfort. I hope many of you in the area will head out to the airport this weekend to view this upcoming addition to our fleet.

The new American is beginning to take shape. Our results show the world what we are capable of. With the product enhancements and fleet upgrades we saw this week, our customers and our people can share in the excitement of our renewal. And our competition can see what they'll be up against.

Your hard work and commitment made all this progress possible. For that, I thank you. We have our challenges and it will take time to work through them – there is no easy path to the finish line. But a week like this one can make us all remember what it feels like to win again. As we begin to see what our future looks like, we can all believe – as I do – in the new American Airlines.

Sincerely,

Tom

as they cancel the Narita flight the second day in a row! oh wait they found new equipment to fly the route the second day. should have seen the 200 really impressed people with the new aa today at the gate!yep i think that we can beat the low of continental of the 80's

Dear American Team:

Our customers, our people, and our partners were literally able to see, touch, and even taste the future of our airline as we unveiled the redesign of our international widebody fleet. We will begin rolling out its industry-leading interiors and amenities, including lie-flat seating with direct aisle access, Wi-Fi and best-in-class inflight entertainment, by the end of this year when we take delivery of our first 777-300. We will be introducing more 777-300s with these features throughout 2013 and begin similarly retrofitting our existing international fleet.

From an operational perspective, we have great momentum coming out of the first quarter and April, when our revenue improvement significantly outpaced the industry average. Some people have been surprised by that performance, but the strong foundation we have in place – network, alliances, upgrades to products and services in the pipeline – has put us in a unique position. I am also more convinced than ever before that we have the best team in the industry. Over the past five months, you have stepped up for our customers, delivering the best on-time performance, baggage handling and customer service results we have seen in years. That is a testament to your professionalism.

Today brings yet another glimpse of our future, as our partners at Boeing stop at DFW with the 787 Dreamliner, one of the most eagerly anticipated airplanes in history. You can look forward to flying in this amazing new airplane, with its improved aerodynamics, fuel-efficiency, advances in engine technology, and reduced maintenance requirements, not to mention cabin features that will take the inflight experience to a new level of comfort. I hope many of you in the area will head out to the airport this weekend to view this upcoming addition to our fleet.

The new American is beginning to take shape. Our results show the world what we are capable of. With the product enhancements and fleet upgrades we saw this week, our customers and our people can share in the excitement of our renewal. And our competition can see what they'll be up against.

Your hard work and commitment made all this progress possible. For that, I thank you. We have our challenges and it will take time to work through them – there is no easy path to the finish line. But a week like this one can make us all remember what it feels like to win again. As we begin to see what our future looks like, we can all believe – as I do – in the new American Airlines.

Sincerely,

Tom

as they cancel the Narita flight the second day in a row! oh wait they found new equipment to fly the route the second day. should have seen the 200 really impressed people with the new aa today at the gate!yep i think that we can beat the low of continental of the 80's

Wow, Industry-leading interiors!! Whats that, they need to lay off 13000 workers and cut everyones benefits to pay for it? How nice! Win again? At what, the race to the bottom?

Dear American Team:

yada, yada, yada

... snip

"TEAM" - Indeed. That, in concert with Ream's fatherly chat was enough for me.

It was pitifully evident the jobs "saved" were of a temporary nature but there were a few people that could have been helped for a while by those who were ready to retire, taking the money offered and running like hell.

It became more evident what the company was doing re: the "match" part of prefunding - Mr. Buck found the language in the LOA that sealed the deal. The company keeps the match if we agree to end the prefunding which we would be doing by voting for this "contract". I don't agree - that's a significant amount of money to hand over for getting screwed - kinda like twu dues.

I rethought my position re: this football bat of a contract and finally cast my vote.

I am disappointed, however, that a "HELL NO" option didn't exist on the internet ballot but I made do.

My vote has been cast and is a "NO".

Reactions: 1 person
Who does this guy write to? And who are the happy smiling faces on Jetnet? Surely they must be actors, I do not know one single frontline employee who buy's into this team crap.

Reactions: 1 person