The new AA401(K) starting in Sep 15

bob@las-AA

Veteran
May 10, 2011
DFW Airport
Briefly skimming over the new investments that are offered in our new 401-k plans, I've discovered that none of the funds offered any kind of projected earnings or growth chart. The only chart offered is allocation over time. The only upside is that you can use 95% of your vested account balance to invest as you wish in a brokerage account if you have one. The performance of these funds is probably the same as if you were to keep your money in the credit union. I'm not happy with this but at the end of the day, nothing you can do about it.

bob@las-AA said:
Briefly skimming over the new investments that are offered in our new 401-k plans, I've discovered that none of the funds offered any kind of projected earnings or growth chart. The only chart offered is allocation over time. The only upside is that you can use 95% of your vested account balance to invest as you wish in a brokerage account if you have one. The performance of these funds is probably the same as if you were to keep your money in the credit union. I'm not happy with this but at the end of the day, nothing you can do about it.
I expect more from a firm like Fidelity. I guess AA has a say.

bob@las-AA said:
No mutual fund provides "projected earnings."

Put it in the brokerage account and then buy the Vanguard S&P 500 index fund. Expense ratio of less than 0.2%, so at least the greedy vulture fund managers won't get rich by draining your account each year.

Reactions: 1 person