The new AAG has 22 Airbus A350 on order for 2017 delivery

Crapdog

Advanced
Jan 24, 2004
With 22 A350's on order plus the 787 and more 777's to come, not to mention the existing A330's, where are we going to find enough ramp space to park these behemoths ? And what routes are they planning?

With 22 A350's on order plus the 787 and more 777's to come, not to mention the existing A330's, where are we going to find enough ramp space to park these behemoths ? And what routes are they planning?

You're assuming the orders are real (which these days is a bad assumption until they're about 24 months away) and won't be converted to something else.

Plenty of ramp space, but there's also no shortage of older airframes which can be retired. The oldest 772's will be 18 years old in 2017, and there are 773's which are well over 25 years old. Airframes can fly a long time when properly maintained, but everything gets retired sooner or later.

Reactions: 2 people
The 350s are going to replace the 330s that will be used to replace the 767s that will replace the 757s at US.

Some of US's 330-300s are back from from 2000 so they will be 17 years old then the 350 comes into service at US.

Reactions: 1 person
Historically, few carriers keep Airbus equipment for more than 15 years -- they just haven't held up as well as a Douglas or a Boeing. If the 330's are that old, then the 350's would be a logical type for type replacement.

Reactions: 2 people
did delta keep the tristars for a long time before retiring them in 2004
also how long did amr keep their dc10s and md 11s

Sorry, but you can't compare a Douglas or Lockheed to Airbus...

There are charter airlines and cargo airlines who've bought A300's, A310's and A330's on the used market, but there are no airlines I can think of who are flying an Airbus widebody over 20 years old which was delivered to them new.

Reactions: 3 people
FWAAA

LOL that was almost simultaneous....

I posted the same info but it wound up deleted....

I wrote over my own post....

I was mentioning that the aircraft is 24 years old....

Everytime I stepped on one of those Braniff planes I couldn't help but curse.... TOTALLY DIFFERENT GALLEY...

Not according to this

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/US%20Airways-active-a319.htm

or this

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/US%20Airways-active-a320.htm

e correct me if im wrong but in the earlier post you mentioned douglas the md11 and the dc 10 are both built by douglas and the tristar built by lockheed but i wanted to know how long did amr keep the douglas and dl keep the tristars before they were retired

Historically, few carriers keep Airbus equipment for more than 15 years -- they just haven't held up as well as a Douglas or a Boeing. If the 330's are that old, then the 350's would be a logical type for type replacement.
FEDEX still has over 100 Airbus A300 family aircraft in service. The 29 A310 aircraft have an average age of 26 years.

e correct me if im wrong but in the earlier post you mentioned douglas the md11 and the dc 10 are both built by douglas and the tristar built by lockheed but i wanted to know how long did amr keep the douglas and dl keep the tristars before they were retired
Here you go robbed:

http://www.airfleets.net/recherche/airline.htm

Latest posts