The New Era Of Indentured Servitude

phasersonstun2

Veteran
May 1, 2003
Can U ALPA survive this blitzkrieg from management? What will the other ALPA carriers do? Though rhetorical, these questions strike at the heart of what's really going on here. U management has an all-or-nothing strategy. Either they get the cost cuts or that's it. Other CEO's in trouble are watching this play by play.

ALPA strategy

Two possibilities exist:

1) ALPA national might be advising the U NC to hold the line, no matter what the cost. If so, then U pilots are considered expendable in order to formulate a defensive strategy for the other ALPA carriers in similar trouble.

2) The U ALPA NC has knowledge of company plans that they cannot divulge, but are steering negotiations to the best possible outcome for the pilots. Let's hope so.

The company will get temp. pay and work rule changes if it goes to a hearing, turning all U employees into indentured servants. This will speed up negotiations at all of the other carriers since a precedent will have been set.

My view is that we (pilots) should stop screwing around and get something on paper. Change is inevitable, and unemployment sucks.

phasersonstun2 said:
My view is that we (pilots) should stop screwing around and get something on paper. Change is inevitable, and unemployment sucks.
[post="184080"][/post]​
After all that you have given up, I guess J.O. from MESA is correct YOU Pilot are still over paid. Grow a set.

alpa cost me my job.how does it feel boys.you wanted everything
and now everything will be gone.you should have spread the wealth
about 15 yrs ago instead you took it all and now theirs nothing left.

phasersonstun2 said:
[post="184080"][/post]​
That's right, unemployment does suck. Especially when the only marketable skill you have is 10,000+ hours flying a big jet. Of course 99% of US Airways pilots have degree in Business Management and the sort, but look through this Sunday's classifieds and see how many employers are offering jobs paying $50,000+ a year and require only previous experience with 5,000+ hours flying big jets. And theres a hell of alot of competion out there for jobs outside the airline industry that pay $50,000+ a year.