The new "ETHICS" HOTLINE--here we go.......

US Oringinal

Advanced
Jun 24, 2008
All US employees need to go to the front page of THE HUB or Compass and look under the section marked "NEW--ETHICS EVERYWHERE, EVERYDAY!!"

Apparently, even though the company is grasping at straws to find ways to save money, they have decided that they could afford to hire an outside entity to administer and run a toll-free 1-800 number for employees to call in and anonymously RAT on their coworkers!! :angry: :angry:

They are trying their best to destroy any morale left here. The want to create an environment of mistrust, spying, and suspicion. No offense meant here, but they want to take the "writing-up" of fellow employees that is pretty prevalent on the West and bring it to new levels on the East.

They obviously believe that we are a bunch of thieving, no-good, lying, lazy complainers in the EAST and now they want us to turn on one another.

HMMMMM--is there anyone out there who thinks some of our own Tempe Sandlfeas might be unethical in their behavior or in the decisions they have made??? THINK HARD!!!

( I recall one incident in which F/A's were required to pass out COLD STONE CREAMERY coupons that in no way promoted US Airways--unethical?? Me thinks so--especially since their CEO sits on our Board of Directors!!!)

:up: Well then according to our new policy, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to call and report it to our "ETHICS" hotline (tattle-tale central) :up:

Bottom line here folks---how much more are we willing to sit by and take........???? And how many more bad, ill-advised, lazy managment decisions are goingto come outta Tempe before the whole company just implodes---we might be getting real close to that point.........

THANKS TEMPE--KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! :up: :up:

You done ranting about how the West thinks the East is corrupt? Good. Now for your facts. The ethics hotline was setup in reaction to a sexual harassment complait from a CSR about a CS Supervisor. It was part of the settlement. Sorry, but we don't hate you that much. It was set up long before the merger and this financial crisis. As tot he other part of your uninformed rant, it isn't there to "tattle" on your coworkers. It is there to report those BREAKING THE LAW.

In all honesty though I've heard nothing good about the hotline. Apparantly the hotline is just a notetaker, that fowards the complaint to HR in PHX. It then gets stamped "No further action required" and the Company has complied with the EEOC agreement.

How about the section on lobbying?

Do Emails to customers asking them to lobby on the behalf of the company apply?

Do the customers have to register as lobbyists?

You done ranting about how the West thinks the East is corrupt? Good. Now for your facts. The ethics hotline was setup in reaction to a sexual harassment complait from a CSR about a CS Supervisor. It was part of the settlement. Sorry, but we don't hate you that much. It was set up long before the merger and this financial crisis. As tot he other part of your uninformed rant, it isn't there to "tattle" on your coworkers. It is there to report those BREAKING THE LAW.

In all honesty though I've heard nothing good about the hotline. Apparantly the hotline is just a notetaker, that fowards the complaint to HR in PHX. It then gets stamped "No further action required" and the Company has complied with the EEOC agreement.

so you represent those in the Snadcastle???? :up:

neci is right, this happened years ago through a case of the comapny losing an EEOC case and having to implement a place for employees notifying upper mgmt of misdoing by local mgmt. However it has become a place for the company to find out about midoing by its mgmnt group and covering it up. Or for instance in LAS they simply no longer investigate the complaints. but sweep it under the rug and call them disgrunteled employees.

Ahhhh. The reasoning behind all the write-ups recently on the East and the "hot line" is to ensure that more ground staff is terminated to reduce the amount of managers sent pink slips. The program does not work as we all are aware. We reduce 230 jobs in Las Vegas but outsource a company for "show and tell", NOT!!

Most of us have more years employed with our Company than these managers have years on this earth. Wake up Tempe. Save "our money" and try treating us with respect. Divide and conquer will not work, you tried that already.......

This is not IRAQ, this is the U.S. of A. You tried the "west" culture and it backfired, the "military culture" will be your demise.

Dex

As tot he other part of your uninformed rant, it isn't there to "tattle" on your coworkers. It is there to report those BREAKING THE LAW.
Um, could you please explain the difference between "tattle" and report?
and,
since very few potential users are lawyers, how would they know the law was being broken? aside from obvious cases.
and,
the 800 number scam is likely operated by an employee, part time. In fact, look for a executive secretary with a beeper on their belt who can "screen" the calls.

BTW, were the agents unionized at that time because usually there is some form of relief sometimes known as "professional standards".

Is the 800# for employees, only? May I turn an employee in as a customer? If so, shouldn't that number be publicly posted?

Can employees turn themselves in? Do they get any chance of amnesty for doing so?

What was that phone number again?

1-800-RAT-ON-US ????
OMG!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wonder if it says anything about this website. People have been gunning to get me fired because I like to "stir stuff up"

Well, I'd like to direct those complaints to the address that is specified for IntlSnn complaints, at www.aintgonnahappen.com c/o The Gum Drop Pony. Pretty sure US Airways management can't fire a Wendy's employee for being snarky. Would you like to super size that?

swooshbags

OMG!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wonder if it says anything about this website. People have been gunning to get me fired because I like to "stir stuff up"

Well, I'd like to direct those complaints to the address that is specified for IntlSnn complaints, at www.aintgonnahappen.com c/o The Gum Drop Pony. Pretty sure US Airways management can't fire a Wendy's employee for being snarky. Would you like to super size that?

swooshbags

Well I was paid a visit by Corporate Security twice since I joined USAV :) These idiots must have nothing better than to harass an ex-intern.

I know first-hand that the company is tyring to intimidate and pressure employees who post on here to stop. Reporting for a trip two weeks ago, I was hauled into the office and asked to write and sign an "affidavit" rejecting everything that I had posted on this site. :lol: :lol:
Apparently something I said hit a nerve with someone in the SandCastle. :up:

This kind of thing is happening to several employees who post here. And this, coupled with the fact that they are touting the "ethics" hotline on the front page of THE HUB all indicates to me that they spending a lot of time and resources trying to threaten, intimidate and make their workforce feel like we are being "watched" at all times.

Seriously, shouldn't they spend more time actually trying to run the airline......there have got to be more ways they can "ala carte" our customers away from US.

And to necigrad: your "we don't hate you" implies that you work at HQ. Are you the one who investigated and tracked me down? If so---give my best to Shambles and the rest!!! Tell them my attorney CAN'T WAIT to meet them someday..... :rolleyes: