The New Lcc F/a Uniform

TheNewLowFare

Senior
Aug 31, 2005
I heard that in order to save cost, there will be minimal change in the F/A uniforms.

Since both US Airways and America West have the same "COLOR" Navy Blue Uniforms and White Shirts and Blowse. The only color that is changing are the Ties, Epilletts and Stripes.

US Airways uses Gray Epillets, Ties and Stripes while America West use Turquoise.

For the new US Airways, I heard that they want the all American look of Red, White and Blue. Very patriotic, Very American and Very US airways.

So the only thing that is changing are the Ties, Stripes and Epillets and the color is going to be RED since it's cheaper for the company.

Now I don't have a problem with the color Red 'cause I think we would stand out.
But I think they should come out with new style of uniforms and maybe an optional dress for girls that is Red. Very Virgin Atlantic.

What do you think?

we do not have the same uniforms. our epaulets are not grey they are navy blue. our ties are not grey they navy blue. and we do not have stripes. i don't know where you got your info but it's very wrong. i would love to know where or whom you heard this from .

etops1 said:
we do not have the same uniforms. our epaulets are not grey they are navy blue. our ties are not grey they navy blue. and we do not have stripes. i don't know where you got your info but it's very wrong.  i would love to know where or whom you heard this from .
[post="302145"][/post]​

I went to the Unveiling in Tempe and was talking to several US and HP Flight Attendants that flew the newly painted plane. They were talking about the possible new uniforms and the color that is best for the new carrier. However, you are correct I got epaulets and ties mixed up with the US Airways signs. It isn't gray, it is blue.

I would like to get rid of the stripes in our jackets and would prefer to just change the ties and the epaulets to Red.

Does US Airways have a Uniform Committee? Although I appreciate our Uniform Committee for getting rid of our ties in the summer months, I don't like the No tie look on guys. It looks okay on girls, but it looks stupid on guys.

TheNewLowFare said:
I went to the Unveiling in Tempe and was talking to several US and HP Flight Attendants that flew the newly painted plane. They were talking about the possible new uniforms and the color that is best for the new carrier. However, you are correct I got epaulets and ties mixed up with the US Airways signs. It isn't gray, it is blue.

I would like to get rid of the stripes in our jackets and would prefer to just change the ties and the epaulets to Red.
[post="302146"][/post]​
ok so they were talking about possible new uniforms. not what the uniforms were gonna look like. i flew on the a/c the day of the unveiling .i asked parker and lakefeild about new unies and they both said that we were getting new unies but not for a while. there will be a new unifirm coming out .however, it will be the f/a group that will have input on what it will look like.

yes we do have a uniform commitee but i think they all fell asleep a long time ago. lol

etops1 said:
ok so they were talking about possible new uniforms. not what the uniforms were gonna look like. i flew on the a/c the day of the unveiling .i asked parker and lakefeild about new unies and they both said that we were getting new unies but not for a while. there will be a new unifirm coming out .however, it will be the f/a group that will have input on what it will look like.
[post="302147"][/post]​

I just hope it's not the HP Uniform Committee and I hope it's both! We have flight attendants with mismatch uniforms. Sometimes I'm working with flight attendants with stripes shirts, some with patriotic ties, some with no ties.

I hope we get an input and get to vote on uniform pieces. I certainly would like to see cute pieces that are cute and comfy, but professional.

Definetely No Shorts or Tennis Shoes! Too Tacky!

TheNewLowFare said:
I just hope it's not the HP Uniform Committee and I hope it's both! We have flight attendants with mismatch uniforms. Sometimes I'm working with flight attendants with stripes shirts, some with patriotic ties, some with no ties.

I hope we get an input and get to vote on uniform pieces. I certainly would like to see cute pieces that are cute and comfy, but professional.

Definetely No Shorts or Tennis Shoes! Too Tacky!
[post="302149"][/post]​

The style of the old AWA management would suggest strongly that both groups will have input. I can't see them alienating either group, just not their style. ;)

EricLv2Fish said:
The style of the old AWA management would suggest strongly that both groups will have input. I can't see them alienating either group, just not their style. ;)
[post="302150"][/post]​

It is hard for us US Airways types to get used to anybody giving a rats patoot as to what we think. I think we're in shock (in a good way).
The more I hear the more it sounds like the old Piedmont (very good thing).
:up:

Just as long as you can tell the difference between a gate agent and a f/a. To the customers, their is NO difference. We need completely different uniforms.

Red ties sound nice. And a red dress would be nice, too, tho I prob wouldn't wear it. Maybe a red skirt?
Altho the pax don't seem to care what we're wearing.
The aviator shirts confuse them a little, tho.

Twicebaked said:
Just as long as you can tell the difference between a gate agent and a f/a. To the customers, their is NO difference. We need completely different uniforms.
[post="302596"][/post]​

Agreed. I dont want to go as casual as some carriers, but I personally wouldnt be disappointed if the agents wore nice polo shirts and something other than the polyester/wool blend pants that werent khaki or Dockers in style. I have a nice pair of Perry Ellis designed polyester/rayon pants that are cool, comfortable and dressy. They are grey/black in color and look a lot nicer than the navy blue stuff we have now.
Also, I've almost choked myself a couple times lifting bags and carry ons when I had a tie on and it got caught. If we still had ties, it wouldnt be the end of the world, but it would be nice with all the moving and lifting involved some days to not have that noose around your neck. :shock:
And the agents and CARS should also have something that distinguishes them from each other. Different color tie/epaulets/shirts something so the customer who is waiting to be rerouted doesnt think all those "agents" standing at the end of the counter doing nothing are just goofing off. They cant do the rerouting for a reason, they are CARS.

tadjr said:
And the agents and CARS should also have something that distinguishes them from each other. Different color tie/epaulets/shirts something so the customer who is waiting to be rerouted doesnt think all those "agents" standing at the end of the counter doing nothing are just goofing off. They cant do the rerouting for a reason, they are CARS.
[post="302634"][/post]​
Even if the agents had a name tag specifically saying what they do--customers don't care. They only see an employee, and expect help from that employee. If the employee standing there can't help with what they need, the customer expects someone that CAN help them as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, that's a big problem in most service industries these days. Even if an employee can't help the customer, or is in the middle of a task when the customer walks up--they should still acknowledge the customer waiting in front of them. If they are doing something, they can just say "I'll be with you in a minute"; if they can't help the customer they should find someone who can (or tell them that the gate agent will be there 1 hour before departure).

Twicebaked said:
[post="302596"][/post]​

It should be VERY easy for them. The gate agents are the ones who actually WORK. ;)

ChrisUS said:
It should be VERY easy for them. The gate agents are the ones who actually WORK. ;)
[post="302647"][/post]​
Ouch!! Chris=instigator? :D