The Obama Era Control Tower

American 453, proceed direct to 'benji' maintain currennt altitude and heading, run a 60 prevent slot, hook and go to the outer marker.

Totally true. Only within the last decade did I ever encounter FAA "certified" sorts at the other end of the radio who couldn't even speak easily heard, properly concise and actually understandable ENGLISH...Not kidding. To put that into proper perspective I'll note that for the first times ever I sometimes dealt with "controllers" fully inferior in spoken clairty to even those in asiatic areas who's native languages made the fast presentation of english far more difficult for them, but yet always workable. I never needed to struggle to communicate with them...but the first time I encountered an "American" controller who'se evidently "native" language was Ebonics or some such...Different story:

Oh well, I'm very pleased to be done with all this insanity before it predictably gets far worse...and heck; who am I to even dare suggest that ATC controllers should still be hired purely based on demonstrated intelligence, dedication and the proven ability to immediately and concisely express themselves in stressful situations? What an "socially unjust" world that would be...right? ;)

Last edited:
Back