The Problems with PHL and this Company

phlagent

Nov 22, 2003
First off...Phl is very poorly run they hired a bunch of managers that all they do is carry clip boards...Lets see
You have a customers service director, 3 senior managers
4 duty managers and who knows how many little managers
underneath them, and this station is worseoff then it ever
was. The problem with the last 3 days in phl has been
poor management of not preparing. First off was wanted
the ramp salted or urea I gues that is how it spelled
both b and c gates are ice covered and we had flts cancelling left and right..so we made a couple of phone calls, we checked the other carriers in phl and guess what
they were operating normal schedules :down: Listen up
BIG BOYS in tempe what the heck are you doing are running this airline into the ground...the most money making
station we have and you have inexperience people running
this station down the tubes...and then you have the gull
to say that employee's over 20 years are not needed
wake up and smell the coffee....you preach about taking
customers away from southwest but guess what you are
giving them customers for how disgusting this company
being run and treating thier employee's

Tempe how careless of you to put a Manager at a major
hub with only 6 years of inexperience and being bounced
around the america west system, why was he so bounced
around. And please do not give me the garbage of
college degree's because that is a bunch of bull....

As an employee I deserve better.....and from the customers
point( they do pay for out salaries) they deserve a better
product.......

You do not have thr right management staff to run this
station...how dare you jeopardize my livelyhood...
with incompedence people....

this weeks fiasco could of had a lesser effect in phl then it did if we only had someone that knew what to do..
it is called preplanning....just think 4 level of
management and noone could think ahead...

Tempe take a wild guess....how can this station run day in
and day out with such incompedence management...
No big seceret..and the answer is your dedicated agents and
supervisor that have experience...and you can
take that to the bank..not to mention they are also
training the younger agents on how to do the work..

Tempe the ball is in your court...

concerned and totaly disgusted in PHL

Sad, but true.. I have known of a few very good Managers who were in PHL in both C/S, and ramp that have been pushed out by the big-guns in Tempe in favor of their own clueless clowns. Another factor that adds to the PHL mess is the quality of the new hires they are dragging in off the streets. The company still prefers to hire off the street instead of giving into the 60 day furlough rule, which could bring back well trained and qualified workers.
To sum it all up, they are getting what they want. Pay cheap, look like a 1/2 azzed operation to the flying public.

Oh, how amazing, yet more PHL horror stories.....

Just when the company is making a bunch of noise about how much it is improving.....

Guess you can't believe what they say now can you...?

Sad, but true.. I have known of a few very good Managers who were in PHL in both C/S, and ramp that have been pushed out by the big-guns in Tempe in favor of their own clueless clowns.public.
So that being said, if you could pick your all star management team, who would you like to run PHL ?

So that being said, if you could pick your all star management team, who would you like to run PHL ?

Everyone is missing the point. It does not matter who is sent to PHL to run it. Anyone sent to PHL is being given an impossible task. The problem is way above them.

Everyone is missing the point. It does not matter who is sent to PHL to run it. Anyone sent to PHL is being given an impossible task. The problem is way above them.
Yah. We should just pull out of PHL. I am sure if we add a few more flights to PHX, that would make up for the revenue loss, no? :lol:

you know whats sad , all the good sups and even managers that i've known have quit this company for two reasons .1 they get treated like CRAP and 2 their pay is low .Also is it just me or when upper managment wants to look like their doing something does it seem like they just randomly fire a bunch of sups to anyone else?

Yah. We should just pull out of PHL. I am sure if we add a few more flights to PHX, that would make up for the revenue loss, no? :lol:

Who is suggesting pulling out of PHL? The discussion is about customer dissatisfaction in PHL.

PineyBob had it right several years ago… management is not concerned with employee morale and more increasingly they are not concerned with customer satisfaction.

There is too much money to be made to waste time trying to satisfy those two groups. :lol:

Who is suggesting pulling out of PHL? The discussion is about customer dissatisfaction in PHL.

PineyBob had it right several years ago… management is not concerned with employee morale and more increasingly they are not concerned with customer satisfaction.

There is too much money to be made to waste time trying to satisfy those two groups. :lol:
It was a joke. :eek: Ok enough joking, back to being serious. This is critical. ;)

The problem with the last 3 days in phl has been
poor management of not preparing.

No, the problem with the last 3 days in PHL started with the city. No significant snow/ice removal efforts were initiated by the city until after 1:00PM on Wednesday, a full 24 hours after the storm started. And when they started their half azzed process with 25 different private contractors, they took a snow/sleet covered ramp and turned it into a finely polished ice rink. The city of PHL couldn't have done a better job if they had used Zamboni's to clear the ramp and taxiways.

Maybe if the company could get away with paying a competitive wage, they'd keep better managers. Many potential candidates stayed away simply because they didn't want to work in an enviornment dominated by organized labor questioning every dollar of management compensation.

Bonuses and profit sharing are great tools, but when you don't have the umbrella of seniority or a collective bargaining agreement to protect you, competitive compensation is needed to get and retain quality.

Would now be a good time to agree that the executives need to invest in quality management in PHL?

Maybe if the company could get away with paying a competitive wage, they'd keep better managers. Many potential candidates stayed away simply because they didn't want to work in an enviornment dominated by organized labor questioning every dollar of management compensation.

Bonuses and profit sharing are great tools, but when you don't have the umbrella of seniority or a collective bargaining agreement to protect you, competitive compensation is needed to get and retain quality.

Would now be a good time to agree that the executives need to invest in quality management in PHL?

HA! :lol: The problem is way above hamstrung middle management.

Would now be a good time to invest in employees so they are motivated to manage situations that "quality" management can't solve?