The Truth About So Called “early Openersâ€￾

RUM@AA

Advanced
Oct 12, 2002
The TWU is claiming that “early openersâ€￾ in 2006 are justification for Jim Little’s accepting our concessionary contract “without further ratificationâ€￾. Truth is “early openersâ€￾ are a FARCE!
Why are they a farce? Because openers or not, our contract is not amendable until mid 2008. Sure we can accept anything the company wants to give before that, but we can not threaten a job action or attempt to withhold our labor until well after the amendable date, a mediator declared impasse, and a 30 day cooling off period.
I would therefore like to open this thread to possible scenarios concerning “early openersâ€￾ and offer this one to start:

TWU: Well, it’s 2006 and here are our section 6 openers… We want everything we gave up in 2003 plus 10%.
AA: WHAT? HA HA HA HA HA… Oh, sorry. Well, uhhh we’re really not doing that well right now. All we can offer you guys is like 3%, 2 holidays and uhh maybe shift differential, and we want a 3 year extension on the contract.
TWU: WHAT? What the heck are you talking about? You said if we helped you guys out you’d…
AA: Hey, sorry. We just can’t afford it right now.
TWU: WELL, then I guess we’re just gonna have to STRIKE!
AA: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA WHOOOOOO That’s a good one. :lol:
TWU: We mean it this time!
AA: HA HA HA HA HA Stop it, you’re killing me. :lol:
:angry: Anyway you can’t strike until the contract’s amendable. It's called the Railway Labor Act, remember?
TWU: Huh? :huh: Hey you tricked us!
AA: Ok, look. Don’t get yer panties in a wad. Let’s agree to come back in 6 months and if we’re doing any better, we’ll make a better offer.
TWU: Well…
AA: Hey, honest. We love you man.
TWU: Oh, alright.

(6 months later, repeat the same dialog)
(another 6 months later, repeat the same dialog)
(and then another 6 months later, repeat the same dialog)

Then.....
TWU: Well it’s 2008 and our contract is amendable. Now we want everything we gave up or else.
AA: We’ll give you 2% a year for 6 years and one floating holiday.
TWU: No! We said we want it all back.
AA: NO
TWU: Please
AA: You’ll go sell this to the slugs on the floor or we’ll outsource all your work.
TWU: Ok.

(Informer Headline: IT’S THE BEST WE COULD DO BROTHERS!)
(Next Informer Headline: “We’ll get ‘em next timeâ€￾)
(Final Informer Headline: AMFA SUCKS)

The last line from the company should have read "Sell it to the members or we will cut off the $3.1 million we pay your officers"

AA: WHAT? HA HA HA HA HA… Oh, sorry. Well, uhhh we’re really not doing that well right now. All we can offer you guys is like 3%, 2 holidays and uhh maybe shift differential, and we want a 3 year extension on the contract.

I'm thinking your being a little optomistic!

I feel we would be lucky if the twu didn't offer something else to give back.

Checking it Out said:
This is what you can expect from the AMFA Wannabeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!
No, this IS what we expect from the TWU. After 20 years of TWU representation, I know for a fact, from experience that this is how it really is.
Soon you will be gone. Start lining up your managment job.

The TWU and RTW, together, fighting for your "RIGHT TO WORK FOR LESS!"

Considering the work ethics of most TWU supporters in Tulsa, it should really read
"RIGHT TO WORK LESS FOR LESS"

If the TWU remains in power, the TWU/AA in 2006 will use the following FRANK LORENZO adaptation of Einstein's Theory of Relativity to help get TWU INTERNATIONAL OFFICERS a much needed raise.

To RUM@AA

I loved the early opener parody. Laughed my ass off but then I realized it was not funny. :huh:

Because that is exactly what will happen. :(

The spineless inept twu will bend over spread their cheeks and assume the sodomy position. :shock:

WHY ? ? ? ? :unsure:

Because they do it the best and they love it sooooooo much. :unsure:

Another round of concessions in the early opener GO GO GO GO GO Team twu :D

The truth is the contract is not amendable until Dec. 30 2008 so after Jan. 1 2009 we can negotiate with the company and seek self help IE strike if the company does not want to play ball but we have NO power until after that date whether under AMFA or the TWU so regardless of which Union is representing us there will not be a new contract until after Jan. 1 2009 that much you can bet on.

The company will not give us anything worth having without the threat of a strike, it has never happened and it NEVER will. ;)

The Early opener is nothing but a joke.

scorpion said:
We can work by the book! A little manual brushup might do wonders.
I doubt it, AA is saving to much money by not paying us anymore than they have to I do not think quality work will change their minds, I'm betting we will not see a new contract until after Jan. 1 2009 so don't go out and buy any new cars or houses boys ;)

Your probably right Raptor but I think the company has forgotten that their dealing with alot of veteran mechanics. (We make our jobs look easy) Managements biggest problem is justifying their existance, we dont need half of what we've got. I'm just thinking maybe a quality of work program might be in order about 2006.

scorpion said:
Your probably right Raptor but I think the company has forgotten that their dealing with alot of veteran mechanics. (We make our jobs look easy) Managements biggest problem is justifying their existance, we dont need half of what we've got. I'm just thinking maybe a quality of work program might be in order about 2006.
If by some outside chance we get the electioned tossed out, I'm sure our line guys will give everyone a lesson of "By the Book"!!! What is the company going to do............sue the twu for illegal job actions??? That would kind of be like suing yourself!!!

Company.....twu......what's the difference????????????

Keep the Faith.........VOTE AMFA!!!!!!!!!!