The TWU and IAM are stealing your Union Dues

chellow

Advanced
Sep 26, 2010
In order to pursue their scam of taking our dues, this two unions, formed the Association. This Association under the Railroad Labor act, is suppose be the only organization permitted to collect our Union Dues, no if and or but. Look at your pay check and see who your money goes to.

45 U.S.C. § 152 11th (b) The representative "(b) to make agreements providing for the deduction by such carrier or carriers from the wages of its or their employees in a craft or class and payment to the labor organization representing the craft or class of such employees". 45 U.S. Code § 152 (c) that "no agreement made pursuant to subparagraph (b) of this paragraph shall provide for deductions from his wages for periodic dues, initiation fees, or assessments payable to any labor organization other than that in which he holds membership" the representing labor organization is the TWU/IAM Mechanics Association not the TWU or IAM. The deduction dues currently go to the TWU and IAM, two organizations whose certifications have been terminated as representatives and have no right for this deduction under the Railroad Labor act.

Ref: Railroad Labor act 45 U.S.C. § 152 11th

In order to pursue their scam of taking our dues, this two unions, formed the Association. This Association under the Railroad Labor act, is suppose be the only organization permitted to collect our Union Dues, no if and or but. Look at your pay check and see who your money goes to.

45 U.S.C. § 152 11th (b) The representative "(b) to make agreements providing for the deduction by such carrier or carriers from the wages of its or their employees in a craft or class and payment to the labor organization representing the craft or class of such employees". 45 U.S. Code § 152 (c) that "no agreement made pursuant to subparagraph (b) of this paragraph shall provide for deductions from his wages for periodic dues, initiation fees, or assessments payable to any labor organization other than that in which he holds membership" the representing labor organization is the TWU/IAM Mechanics Association not the TWU or IAM. The deduction dues currently go to the TWU and IAM, two organizations whose certifications have been terminated as representatives and have no right for this deduction under the Railroad Labor act.

Union Dues:AA TWU

So if we were to go hand pay where would we pay? I like where your going with this but the statement “pursuant to sub paragraph (b)” might give them an out. It’s worth looking into!

Reactions: swamt
Their are two options that can be done right now.

1: Class action lawsuit to reclaim our union dues.

2: Contact American Airlines and inform them that our union dues is been misappropriated.

"2: Contact American Airlines and inform them that our union dues is been misappropriated."

I am planning on contacting American Airlines legal department soon on this matter and some orther additional fraud to the NMB and the Department of Labor.

I've been holding back in order not to slow or stop negotiations.

So if we were to go hand pay where would we pay? I like where your going with this but the statement “pursuant to sub paragraph (b)” might give them an out. It’s worth looking into!

I understand that part "b" means that the Ass. Will make agreement with AA to start collecting the agency fees.

I don't recommend without the aid of an attorney on going hand pay.

I don't find anything wrong with the Association arrangement with the company, even though I would love to trigger a lawsuit with any willing attorney. The part you underlined with bold is consistent with the arrangement. None of us are members of the Association, and with plenty of reason due to 'b' above. According to "b", the Association had to make sure that we were not members of it, since it is not a dues collecting organization.

Due to AA lawsuit on the RTO, negotiations will be concluded soon, if not allready done, because I think I hear a fat lady singing. Unfortunately this fraud by the union to maintain members have costs all of us in maintenance some where over $100,000 dollar's each in real money.

You do realize the IBT and CWA has an association at US/AA and has been collecting dues since 2005, and The Association is structured that the IAM and TWU actually represent you. The NMB approved this and it their job to enforce the RLA.
Doesn't mean it's right. Maybe no one challenged it before since none thought it might not be legal. Maybe some ruling has changed since that partnership was created back before the AA merger.

Our association is consisted of two members after the decertification of the TWU and IAM. To me it looks like there are loop holes and gray areas. I'm sure that the TWU, IAM and the AFL-CIO will fight their position if someone challenges it in court.

You do realize the IBT and CWA has an association at US/AA and has been collecting dues since 2005, and The Association is structured that the IAM and TWU actually represent you. The NMB approved this and it their job to enforce the RLA.

Yes I do I have a copy of both constitution's, but no one has challenged the rightful dues collection or who really is our bargaining agent. I looked all over to see Patterson's lawsuit and found nothing only an appeal to the NMB that does not cover the Items of my concerns. An appeal that someone told me cost us $300k.

I got no clue about this issue at your airline. I do know that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Hence, if you are onto something, then "they" will try to keep you quiet. We all know who "they" is. Might be worth looking into. And if you are correct, great find.

I got no clue about this issue at your airline. I do know that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Hence, if you are onto something, then "they" will try to keep you quiet. We all know who "they" is. Might be worth looking into. And if you are correct, great find.

Thank you I know, look what they did to our local president, they put him in the international to keep him quiet. Does that make sense one minute your fighting the international the next minute your one of them.

Thank you I know, look what they did to our local president, they put him in the international to keep him quiet. Does that make sense one minute your fighting the international the next minute your one of them.
Sue them to become them. Our whole local ececutive board are ex amfa supports, now they serve the koolaid.