The Ultimate In Outsourced Work

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
American Airlines Pilots recently won a $23 Million Dollar Arbitration over growth and use of regional carrier flights while AA pilots are on furlough.

Notice in the screen captures below that Eagle now has 173 JETS with many more on order and 23 of which have been acquired this year. Eagle is taking delivery of 3 jets per month on average, and every week Eagle announces new service. Our class two stations are going away with RJ invasion. As of now 500 Eagle jet flights per day. Are you sure AMR was going Bankrupt? And AMR claims they are "NOT" creating a low cost carrier within the Corporation.

This unprecedented regional growth took place from 1997 - 2003 most of which we have spent either under a concession labor agreement that was 6 years long with 6 1/2% pay increase, or now, a concession agreement that includes a 17.5% pay reduction.

Why is it that "Who Does the Heavy Maintenance" on these jets is never a contractual dispute or issue with the TWU at AA?

How many jobs and at what pay could the TWU create/save if RJ Maintenance was in our contract? Seems to me the massive concessions should have least guaranteed heavy maintenance on these RJ's in our hangars. Instead, a new heavy maintenance base is being built in Arkansas while the MCI Mechanics are staring at rather bleak and uncertain future.

eagle_timeline.jpg

eagle_glance.jpg

The TWU represents more Mechanic and Related active members than Amfa and AMR is looking at adding maintenance facilities and manpower!

TWU represented members at AA are working on Eagle parts right now with more to come in!!!!!

As typical thanks to the strong TWU, the work is being insourced!

Keep up the great Job all you TWU Brothers and Sisters!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
The TWU represents more Mechanic and Related active members than Amfa and AMR is looking at adding maintenance facilities and manpower!

TWU represented members at AA are working on Eagle parts right now with more to come in!!!!!

If what you say about AA insourcing work is true, then they are doing so only because TWU allowed for lower wages. The TWU in one swipe lowered the top out rate and the OSM rate to again achieve the lowest average wage in the industry, while doing so the TWU allowed for it's represented Eagle members to have their work outsourced. CIO you are not working another members work are you? That would be scabbing.

cio says

And our pay and benefits are being outsourced!!

Decision 2004 said:
Why is it that "Who Does the Heavy Maintenance" on these jets is never a contractual dispute or issue with the TWU at AA?

How many jobs and at what pay could the TWU create/save if RJ Maintenance was in our contract? Seems to me the massive concessions should have least guaranteed heavy maintenance on these RJ's in our hangars. Instead, a new heavy maintenance base is being built in Arkansas while the MCI Mechanics are staring at rather bleak and uncertain future.
Ahhhhh....deja vu.

Didn't you try and stir this pot at least two times before? But for the benefit of those with short attention spans we'll go through this again.

"Why is it that "Who Does the Heavy Maintenance" on these jets is never a contractual dispute or issue with the TWU at AA?"

American Eagle mechanics work on the American Eagle planes. You have as much right to them as we have to working on the 777. If you guys really wanted to work on them you had at least the last 15 years to try and force the union and the company to accept a single seniority list. It was in your hands, not ours, we don't have the numbers for that kind of clout. However, it never came up except for that half hearted language in your last opening contract proposal. In fact it was more the opposite. A/A mechanics generally never missed an opportunity to #### on an Eagle mechanic. It's exactly that treatment that is earning you guys very little sympathy in the Eagle breakrooms.

That being said, I personally am glad that you guys are doing some of our parts work. In fact I saw a maintenance presentation on Jetnet that said they were going to be bringing more composite repairs back in house. Whether we get them or you get them, it is better than Nordam.

"How many jobs and at what pay could the TWU create/save if RJ Maintenance was in our contract? Seems to me the massive concessions should have least guaranteed heavy maintenance on these RJ's in our hangars. Instead, a new heavy maintenance base is being built in Arkansas while the MCI Mechanics are staring at rather bleak and uncertain future."

That base in Arkansas is an Eagle base, not contract maintenance. You can inter-company transfer there I believe. Or, they could setup some sort of flow through based on the one that is in our contract.....ah yes...that little gem of a clause....

Anyhow, I am pressed for time this morning so I will let you come back your

"Our concessions are funding Eagle" speech.

Funny thing here, seems that AMERICAN AIRLINES is now AMR, and here all this time I've been under the impression that AMERICAN AIRLINES was a subsidary of AMR, and AMERICAN EAGLE was a subsidary of AMR. I've only been out on sick leave 3weeks but have things changed that much? :shock:

A/C FIXER said:
Funny thing here, seems that AMERICAN AIRLINES is now AMR, and here all this time I've been under the impression that AMERICAN AIRLINES was a subsidary of AMR, and AMERICAN EAGLE was a subsidary of AMR. I've only been out on sick leave 3weeks but have things changed that much? :shock:
What are you getting at?

will fix for food said:
What are you getting at?
According to Decision 04 "Are you sure AMR was going Bankrupt? And AMR claims they are "NOT" creating a low cost carrier within the Corporation."
Wasn't it AMERICAN AIRLINES that said we would file for bankruptcy protection not AMR. And AMR is not creating a low cost carrier, for that to happen AMERICAN AIRLINES would have to create the low cost carrier, AMERICAN EAGLE is a completely different company, if you remember Eagle was 5 or 6 different little regional carriers that were bought by AMR and made into AMERICAN EAGLE. AMERICAN EAGLE was not spun off of AMERICAN AIRLINES.

Then why doesn't American Eagle pay for their OWN Management?

If you look at the Corporate Management Ladder, nearly ALL highly paid Corporate Management are placed directly on AA payroll, yet Eagle uses all of the folks for their operation.

Look at this Corporate Ladder

Of course Eagle is profitable, AA funds their complete Management structure.

Are you telling me Eagle only needs three Corporate Officers and AA needs the rest.

That is bogus and unfair.

Decision 2004 said:
Jeff Spicoli now works for AA? Welding airplane parts?? Richeous, Dude!

You can always spot the winning arguments when words like "unfair and bogus" appear. :)

well, just think of all the the jobs the twu saved by bringing eagle work to tulsa. heck we can even undercut the regionals on in house maint. before you know it we will be able to bid lower than the thrashco's, dalfarts, singapore's, why send your work to india when the twu will do it for less. :rant:

Decision 2004 said:
Then why doesn't American Eagle pay for their OWN Management?

If you look at the Corporate Management Ladder, nearly ALL highly paid Corporate Management are placed directly on AA payroll, yet Eagle uses all of the folks for their operation.

Look at this Corporate Ladder

Of course Eagle is profitable, AA funds their complete Management structure.

Are you telling me Eagle only needs three Corporate Officers and AA needs the rest.

An oldy but a goody from September 2003.

/index.php?showtopic=7178

Go about half way down for the reply to your post.

BTW, I am still waiting for you to prove that Eagle is receiving services from A/A that it is not paying American for. It's been seven months now, I can't believe you haven't come up with anything yet.....

Buck said:
Good point.

Does that go for American Eagle Landing Gear?
I don't know what components American is going to overhaul for Eagle, but I am guessing from your post that gear is one of them. Good. I know that Eagle isn't going to invest in the facilities and equipment to overhaul the gear, avionics, etc. So if it going to be"outsourced" I personally would much rather see you guys do it than some outside joint. At least it is staying in the AMR "family". In essence, we are not going to do the work, it is not contractually ours, so it is good you are doing it instead of someone else.

Where I do draw the line is at the mentality that since you took concessions you are ENTITLED to Eagle work. How incredibly f-----g arrogant.