The Wonderful Web Site

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
I have been trying to get on the US Web site today, and the home page won't even open.

It just gets better.
In contrast, I went on a competitor web site yesterday and was able to book a flight and change seats after booking in less than 5 minutes.

One just wonders how much revenue they are LOSING because of this poorly designed web site.

Separately,

A colleague tried to open the page as well to get the pet policy and it froze her entire computer.

Can anyone forward me US policy for in cabin pets? I refer to a dog in a carrier.

Thank you,
Art

This is the East policy from the CofC for mainline, Art:

-----
Pet Animals: US Airways does not accept animals for shipment in the cargo hold. US Airways will accept for an extra charge small dogs, small domestic cats, small household birds and household tropical fish for transportation in the customer cabin under the following conditions:

- Reservations are made at least 24 hours before departure.

- The animal is harmless, inoffensive, odorless and requires no attention during transit.

- The container must be approved by US Airways and able to fit underneath the seat in front of the customer traveling with the animal. (Maximum container size—21" length x 16" width x 8" height.)
Note: Due to underseat space constraints, pets may not be permitted in the cabin on certain aircraft types.

- Only one pet per customer and container is permitted, and the pet cannot be removed from the container during transit.

- In the event the animal becomes offensive or causes a disturbance during transit, the owner will be asked to deplane with the pet at the first en route stop.

- US Airways assumes no responsibility for the impaired health or death of the animal.

- Special additional restrictions may apply for international travel. The transportation of animals to some international destinations is prohibited.
-----

Jim

To add more to this... I was trying to look at award tickets today and it took over 30 minutes to pull up 3 RTs. Note, this isn't to fully book them... that's to look at availability on 3 different days.

A friend of mine IMed me yesterday that she was trying to do the same and eventually gave up on the whole process.

In the words of an old Richard Pryor monologue... "How long? HOW long? How long will this BS go on?"

Did anyone notice at the top left of the page it has a "Search by google" box? Not sure if it has been there but it must be part of the "New Improved" site. BTW the search does not work - Error Code 10060: Connection timeout

I have been trying to get on the US Web site today, and the home page won't even open.

It just gets better.
In contrast, I went on a competitor web site yesterday and was able to book a flight and change seats after booking in less than 5 minutes.

One just wonders how much revenue they are LOSING because of this poorly designed web site.

Separately,

A colleague tried to open the page as well to get the pet policy and it froze her entire computer.

Can anyone forward me US policy for in cabin pets? I refer to a dog in a carrier.

Thank you,
Art
------------------------------------------------------

Like you said..."Its the fares STUPID"...

You get what you paid for...no not just your fare, dimwit, all the fares...

If most are getting a good fare, then most get a website, baggage handling etc.....

You want priority handling...try netjets...

By the way expect to shell out a considerable sum...I dont think you rank it from your company, or you wouldnt be sharing a ride with the masses, now would you??

We gave up our entire life to keep this industry going, so get off our ass.....

You get what you paid for...no not just your fare, dimwit, all the fares...
Speaking of "all the fares"......

US still has one of the highest yields in the industry. Yield is just a fancy way of saying "all the fares" - it's just stated in cents paid per mile instead of dollars paid for the journey.

So we have an airline that charges, on average, as much or more than other carriers, is offering less amenities than just about every other network carrier, and has a website that is hit and miss on good days.

Given the average fares paid, I'd say passengers should expect a lot more.....

Jim

Speaking of "all the fares"......

US still has one of the highest yields in the industry. Yield is just a fancy way of saying "all the fares" - it's just stated in cents paid per mile instead of dollars paid for the journey.

So we have an airline that charges, on average, as much or more than other carriers, is offering less amenities than just about every other network carrier, and has a website that is hit and miss on good days.

Given the average fares paid, I'd say passengers should expect a lot more.....

Jim
--------------------------------------------------------

So when the loads fall off we'll up the service....

Get over it or get on with it...I personally am tired of hearing the whinners...

Funny, you can't book Envoy (just Coach) for any date to ATH or ZRH.
-------------------------------------------------------

So somebody must be booking the good seats...seems like every flight im on is full...and i fly international and commute to florida

Somebody is gettin thru....maybe the website is slow because everybody wants the cheap fares....

Did they want cheap mfares and a hand holding aswell??

Grow up people....the world is changing....You wanted it, you got it!!

Welcome to the real world.....

Or Brussels AND it won't recognize BRU as a valid city pair for award travel. Didn't check ATH or ZRH.

bigbusdriver,

Whining part one - I and hosts of others pay some of the highest fares in the industry for some of the lowest levels of serive in the industry.

Whinning part deux - I seem to recall a whole lot of whimpering and howling from the ALPA boys & girls during the concessions.

Question - What makes us any different than you there bucko? :down:
----------------------------------------------------------
My comments were adressed to art at isp...

Doesnt southwest serve there...try the cattle car...

This is the outcome of the "Whining n Whimpering" you got the fares you wanted.....Look to your fellow pax for their savings as the culpret of my attitude......

Your no different than me Bucko....What can I get from your company...and "No" im not willing to pay for it....

I want everything for cost...less the employees salary, pension contributions, benefits etc.....

Cant do it?? then im "WHINING"....

It just gets better.

Separately,

Thank you,
Art

Hey Art! Try going to your I.E. explorer "tools" tab. Click on "Internet Options" and delete "Temporary Files" and "Cookies". Works wonders for 'Net Surfers" like yourself. Only drawback is you will have to re-enter many User-passwords as you go back to sites.

Hey Art! Try going to your I.E. explorer "tools" tab. Click on "Internet Options" and delete "Temporary Files" and "Cookies". Works wonders for 'Net Surfers" like yourself. Only drawback is you will have to re-enter many User-passwords as you go back to sites.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that doesn't always work.

I'm sitting in my hotel room working on my laptop and a coworker is working on her's. We are both trying to book work related travel. I'm on the US website a heck of a lot more than she is and I also surf the internet more than she does and I'm able to view the website while her laptop is displaying only the header of the US website. And we're in the same room?!

Maybe there are too many hits to the US website and it can't handle the loads. Or the website plainly SUCKS.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that doesn't always work.

I'm sitting in my hotel room working on my laptop and a coworker is working on her's. We are both trying to book work related travel. I'm on the US website a heck of a lot more than she is and I also surf the internet more than she does and I'm able to view the website while her laptop is displaying only the header of the US website. And we're in the same room?!

Maybe there are too many hits to the US website and it can't handle the loads. Or the website plainly SUCKS.
------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in the hotel room with her I wouldnt be to worried about the website sucking....

But then maybe thats just me.....