The Worthless Union: If replaced by AMFA, mx may not get 4.3% raise

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
I thought I had seen everything. Now the liars at the TWU are claiming that if the TWA is replaced by another union (like AMFA), the mechanics and related may not get the 4.3% raise:

Question: If another Union or organization replaces the TWU, would we still get the 4.3% pay increase when the company exits bankruptcy?

Answer: Should there be a change of representative, the New American will have a strong argument that the increase is due only to the TWU represented groups, since the increase reflected —among other things–cooperation by TWU in facilitating the merger process, something that no non-AA union can be said to have provided.

http://twu514.org/bl...-march-14-2013/

If you didn't already have reason enough to fire these lying worthless sacks of $^&!, this should convince you.

"Cooperation by TWU?" Unbelievable. "We cooperated with the company, and that's why the TWU members will get a raise, but only if the TWU remains the bargaining agent.? Idiots.

Reactions: 5 people
If you didn't already have reason enough to fire these lying worthless sacks of $^&!, this should convince you.

"Cooperation by TWU?" Unbelievable. "We cooperated with the company, and that's why the TWU members will get a raise, but only if the TWU remains the bargaining agent.? Idiots.

Ron White says it best....."You can't fix stupid"

Reactions: 3 people
I thought I had seen everything. Now the liars at the TWU are claiming that if the TWA is replaced by another union (like AMFA), the mechanics and related may not get the 4.3% raise:

http://twu514.org/bl...-march-14-2013/

Now you are starting to see what I've been dealing with the last four years.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow I thought I had seen everything . I say fire their arses we can't trust them to represent us anymore. They have always screwed the amts in order to protect other unskilled groups. See ya TWU I've had enough. They are just digging their own grave

Reactions: 4 people
In my opinion, it will still go to the membership no matter who represents the mechanics. The agreement was "agreed" by the employees of said group. Although they were the representational union at that time it is simply known it will be the employees that get it. If the TWU does give the mechanics their share of the 4.8% equity, and if the company does not follow thru with the 4.3% raise, you guys have a very easy to win lawsuits. I am sure AMFA would be more than willing to take them both on and win with not only back interest, but with penalties tied to them too. I would't let this scare tactic by the TWU or the company be a desiding factor in the fact that you guys are going to fire the TWU. They (company and TWU) will say anything at this point, just like the teamsters are, to keep the company union as the representational union at AA. As most of you here have already posted; It would be well worth it, as the TWU would no longer be there. Well said gentlemen...

Reactions: 3 people
I would let them keep the raise as long as AMFA takes over.

I completely agree. It's like a divorce - you cannot look at what it costs you or what your ex-spouse will get in the property settlement. If the relationship doesn't work, you keep your sanity by ending the relationship, regardless of the cost.

I'm just floored at the depths to which these worthless liars will sink in their desperate attempt to hold onto the dues income. Writing hypothetical arguments that management "might make" to deny the employees a negotiated raise if their favorite union is tossed aside? Wow.

Reactions: 4 people