Things That Make You Go Hmmmm...

57lightfoot

Aug 7, 2004
This is my first post so please excuse any descrepencies.

First off, I read these post often and I notice a lot of bickering between people. We as Machinists and related have a very important vote comming up. So lets talk.

Lets look at the possible results of a YES vote.

You get 15 weeks of severance, flying benefits, and recall rights. This would be useful for finding another job or to suplement commuting to and from Timco or were ever. And of course there is unemployment but face it, most of us can't survive on that.
The company is talking about the POSSIBILTY of outsourcing all of this shop work, but that won't be as easy as it seems. Its a lot easier to go up stairs or down the street to tell a shop foreman that you need those seats, or tires, composite panels, black box, etc. than to call some shop in Alabama, or bum F'''ked Egypt. and hope they get to you on time.
Outsourcing shop work (The mojority of Mechanics job cuts) will create a serious time table problem. Chances are if you vote yes the company will increase the amount of jobs inhouse for all mechanic and related employees. They must have good shop support for this plane there is no time for outsourcing spoolup, its already going to take time for us to spoolup.
Remember another judge awarded us the Airbus work and that seems to be the only good thing left in this proposal. If we vote NO, the Airbus work will go back to Alabama along with the shop work, and 737 work will disappear just like the 757,767,and A330s because we'll have no contract.
Face the fact that the company does not need us anymore. They want us to vote NO. So they don,t have to pay severance to half of the IAM that are not working. They have been planning this for a long time. Why do you think fleet service jobs are in the paper? Why are the 757,767,A330s gone from CLT, all of the 737 Qs will be done in February. They are getting ready for us so we can't hirt them.

If we vote YES the company will have to drag us along for publicity sake ,if we vote no the company wins game over. And they can say they provided jobs for us but we decided to vote them away and strike.
Then when your on the outside and can't find a good job. You'll interview for the same job with "U" for half the pay and say I fixed them I voted NO.

Take care of yourselves, don't vote with vengence. Remember this sh"t is Chess not Checkers

ah... newbie...we don't have "machinists and related" here at U......
hawk put you up to this???
We as Machinists and related have a very important vote comming up. So lets talk.
just blew your cover...you aren't one of us............... ;)
Remember another judge awarded us the Airbus work and that seems to be the only good thing left in this proposal.
and they didn't award it to us...they said it was our work like the contract said......
2 times newbie...... :p
Face the fact that the company does not need us anymore. They want us to vote NO. So they don,t have to pay severance to half of the IAM that are not working. They have been planning this for a long time.
uh oh...now you're scaring me....