This Is Leadership?

BAC111_4EVER

Jan 11, 2004
It was SOOOO pathetic, it was sad.

The man has no clue. None whatsoever.

USAir is doomed unless Dave goes. It's probably doomed anyway, but NOW I understand where all the money has been going for the last 2 rounds of employee concessions: Into "biding time" with NO PLAN NO VISION AND LACK OF LEADERSHIP. Bleed, bleed, bleed, tick tock tick tock...oh, NO! Low cost carriers are in our backyard! Now, darnit, I thought we told them to go away LAST year!

This speech is going to go down in history as what NOT to do when your company is in turmoil. It will be required viewing in every Business school's Change Management Course as The Top Mistakes NOT to make in ANY speech as CEO of ANY company at ANY time. Un-friggin-believable.

People who gave their whole LIVES to this place and KEPT believing, throughout all the bad management, throughout all the CEO's raiding the coffers, throughout YEARS of sacrifice and emotional turmoil, are finally going to be without the jobs they sacrificed YEARS to keep. I am finally convinced after viewing this horrible train wreck.

Throughout the whole "speech", his eyes had the dullness of someone who has been hit in the face with a frying pan a few too many times.

Answers to employee questions were fancy footstepping and "dances" that employees have seen too many times now. Yawn.

It was a "rabbit in the tophat" show with no rabbit.

A dog and pony show with no dog. Or pony.

Another good idea-Talk to the employees like they are Kindergarteners, and maybe they will all "get onboard with the Plan."

Dave is so far removed from the people that actually work at U, that it could even be excused if he were a "genius who was getting things done and kicking butt". Alas, he appears to be incompetent at not only running an airline, but also at unifying its work force.

Why is he still CEO?

This man and his management team cannot save this airline. I'd be surprised if he could even tie his shoes at this point.

ROCKETMAN....i hear you....this is the same speech we heard in the hangar...
concessions and you aren't going to like it....
give me a frigin' break.
when will we decide enough is enough?

i suppose he forgot to say how much he saved by announcing all the cities that went to mainline express, all of the furloughed employees that went with it, the reduced amount of all the gates space at pit, the amount it save them when alg and pdt merge and of course how much is spent to fight their own mechanics on the outsource issue of the airbus

robbedagain said:
i suppose he forgot to say how much he saved by announcing all the cities that went to mainline express, all of the furloughed employees that went with it, the reduced amount of all the gates space at pit, the amount it save them when alg and pdt merge and of course how much is spent to fight their own mechanics on the outsource issue of the airbus
Nor did he talk about how sloppy service provided by Mesa and PSA are running
this airline into the ground.....

Latest posts