This Is Why I Stay

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
Today I flew FLL-PHL and connected back to ISP. The flight was completely full, and the flight attendants were busy getting bags stowed and helping people who had trouble finding space. As the PA announcement was being repeated on stowing carryons, the FA responsible for First made his own announcement to the 12 of us in the F cabin--apologizing for not being able to serve predeparture beverages (he had put water out at each seat), and assuring us he would take great care of us once in the air. He also expressed his appreciation to each customer for flying with US this morning, and addressed everyone by name while taking the beverage orders.

Once he finished an excellent service in F, he went back and helped the others in the back--but kept coming up every 10 minutes or so to make sure everyone was happy.

I spoke with him for a couple of minutes while waiting for the lav, and expressed my appreciation to him and his colleagues for the great job they were doing, and wished him well--he genuinely seemed to appreciate the support. I would have to say this was overall an outstanding flight--the little things do mean alot.

The captain also made some announcements which were out of the ordinary, like greeting two children by name who had visited the flight deck prior to departure, and again expressing appreciation for flying US.

These folks are an excellent example of why I stay--you really are the best...

PS Philly Phactor struck again in terminal F as the inbound making my connection to ISP waited 20 minutes for the jetway after arriving at the gate. Fortunately there was a supervisor who responded to the captain's complaint and once the jetway was in place they turned the flight in 15 min and we arrived ahead of schedule!!!

Great Job Folks--keep it up!!

My best to you all.....

Art,
And you know the awful thing about the great service your received? Well, the company keeps sending us messages telling us NOT to put water out on each seat in first. Catering keeps tattling on the crews for ordering more water, cuz they saw bottles on each seat. When the flight is full, running late etc. as understaffed as we are, we can't serve in f/c all the time. But company policy mandates that we do, and we don't always listen. Every time a f/c customer asks me for water, I ask if they want a bottle. If I feel I don't have time to serve on the ground, I give out bottles. Now, if we could just get CCY to realize this is what our customers want. Next time this happens be sure and tell the f/a how much you appreciate the extra effort on a very full flight and you will get whatever you want!!!!!

I must say that in being a COA pilot, the US Airways service is far above the others. I non rev on US Airways very often because of this. COA's service ranks high also, but not as high as US Airways.

Fascinating. I am on a protein shake diet, 2x a day, and 1 "real" meal a day. I carry with me protein packs. For 1 protein pack, I need a bottle of water. Not a cup. So far I have not gotten a single complaint when I asked for it, though on the Dash-8 flights I have gotten this humongous bottle of water the likes of which I've never seen in a store.

Do you mean to tell me that I'm risking a F/A getting in trouble because of my diet peculiarity? Do I need to phone it in 48 hours in advance?

No, we can give you a bottle, if you sit in F/C and ask for one. We can't just put one on every seat on the ground. And we are not supposed to give bottles out in coach,

Latest posts