This Sux

Oct 21, 2009
This is what i don't get. I applied for the FA Spot and they just email me back saying we moved on to better people. SO why cant i get an interview. There going to hire off the street when I work for US already. This is my dream now what should I do who can i talk to? do I have to wate now till they hire again?

This is what i don't get. I applied for the FA Spot and they just email me back saying we moved on to better people. SO why cant i get an interview. There going to hire off the street when I work for US already. This is my dream now what should I do who can i talk to? do I have to wate now till they hire again?

I wouldn't take it personally. They most likely received thousands of applications. Despite the lousy pay and all the ******** & moaning on this board, FA jobs are fairly coveted for some reason.

Also, the posting might have been premature. Did they get a count on how many people took recall? They might not have needed anybody.

If you are already an employee, then you need to ask yourself (and be honest to yourself. It doesn't matter to anyone else.)...

1. Does my record show that I tend to call in sick when I can't hold off on a holiday?
1a. Does my record show that I call in sick to work more than 1 or 2 times a year regardless of whether or not it is a holiday?
2. Does my record show that I am late to work more than 1 or 2 times a year? (This may not seem like much if you have an office job, or work on the ramp, but it is anathema to flight attendants.)
3. Does my record show that there are customer complaints against me--rudeness, refusal to help, etc.
4. Have I been written up for "does not play well with others?"
5. Have I been written up as "doesn't work independently. Must be supervised at all times." Another important one...flight attendants have to be depended upon to do their jobs without prompting. After all, they are at 30,000 feet. Their supervisor is in an office on the ground somewhere.

Any of those, particularly #1 and #2, can or will get you eliminated from consideration for a flight attendant position.

Again, you don't have to answer these questions to anyone but yourself. If any of them are YES answers, you need to change that behavior if you want to be considered for flight attendant. And, yes. I know that there are a lot of flight attendants (at every airline) who can (or should) answer YES to at least one of every one of those questions. :lol: However, they've already been hired and are protected by a union now. They didn't have that record of behavior when they were hired.

Did you proofread your resume?

Reactions: 3 people
I've read on another forum that many (at least 10 people) have been rejected immediately, which leads me to believe that "perhaps" just perhaps there may be a software glitch. Or, the parameters for the software in the application process are SO narrow, that most, if not all, particpants will get rejected.

My understanding is that this is being managed by another company, but recruiters are looking at all applicants even after reject.

I would inquire with the inflight department if you can. Good Luck to you and hope to see you "on the line".

I've read on another forum that many (at least 10 people) have been rejected immediately, which leads me to believe that "perhaps" just perhaps there may be a software glitch. Or, the parameters for the software in the application process are SO narrow, that most, if not all, particpants will get rejected.

My understanding is that this is being managed by another company, but recruiters are looking at all applicants even after reject.

I would inquire with the inflight department if you can. Good Luck to you and hope to see you "on the line".

Thanks a for the hope :) where would i get the numbers to call and who in the inflight should I talk to?

I also have a friend who is an agent here in Philly and was sent the very same rejection letter. It's a tough economy and as far as the company may be concerned, it's an employers market out there. Who knows what they're looking for in this hiring cycle, but my friend has some pretty intense customer service experience and is an excellent agent here for US in Philly. I wish him and everyone else out there applying the very best, because it is going to be very competitive out there. Good luck applicants!

All of these rejections out of hand may be a glitch in the system, but US (or PeopleScout, rather) started callbacks on Monday I believe, doing phone interviews and offering F2Fs. The selection process appears to be completely ruthless.

I also have a friend who is an agent here in Philly and was sent the very same rejection letter. It's a tough economy and as far as the company may be concerned, it's an employers market out there. Who knows what they're looking for in this hiring cycle, but my friend has some pretty intense customer service experience and is an excellent agent here for US in Philly. I wish him and everyone else out there applying the very best, because it is going to be very competitive out there. Good luck applicants!

Seems a lot of people from Phila are being rejected. I'm a nurse, and also got a rejection letter today

Seems a lot of people from Phila are being rejected. I'm a nurse, and also got a rejection letter today

Hey Bright just hang in there. Believe it or not, despite the perception, there are some really good agents in Philly who would serve our flight attendants ranks well. I'm reminded of my days at America West when back in 1989 I applied for inflight and was turned down. 4 years later I left America West and came to then USAir because I wanted to fly. It was one of the best decisions of my life, although as it's turned out I didn't leave HP in my rear view mirror as I thought lol. But my point is, if you want to fly then don't limit yourself to US. Take your talents and desires to Delta, Southwest, or to any other airline that is looking to restock their flight attendant ranks in the near future. And, while doing so, don't give up on US!

Hey Bright just hang in there. Believe it or not, despite the perception, there are some really good agents in Philly who would serve our flight attendants ranks well. I'm reminded of my days at America West when back in 1989 I applied for inflight and was turned down. 4 years later I left America West and came to then USAir because I wanted to fly. It was one of the best decisions of my life, although as it's turned out I didn't leave HP in my rear view mirror as I thought lol. But my point is, if you want to fly then don't limit yourself to US. Take your talents and desires to Delta, Southwest, or to any other airline that is looking to restock their flight attendant ranks in the near future. And, while doing so, don't give up on US!

thanks! - It would be nice though, to be located in Phila