Threat Of Bankruptcy Gone

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
With Bankruptcy no longer looming.

AMR Ratings Upgraded

Stock Soaring

How come we don't have the option to offest our personal losses by investing in AMR in the 401k plan?

Seems logical "Getting Shafted"...

Invest in the Shafter!

RV4 said:
With Bankruptcy no longer looming.

AMR Ratings Upgraded

Stock Soaring

How come we don't have the option to offest our personal losses by investing in AMR in the 401k plan?

Seems logical "Getting Shafted"...

Invest in the Shafter!
No pleasing you. You were mad the company didn't file Ch 11, and now you're mad because the pension plan fiduciary (not AA, as AA resigned) hasn't decided to allow new 401k contributions to be invested in AMR. Too Hot! Too Cold! Make up your mind.

Speaking of stock soaring - Man, I hope you bought a boatload of it in March for under $2 per share (it was as low as $1.25). Nothing like a 600-1,000% gain (depending on when you jumped in) to take some of the sting out of those concessions. :D

No pleasing you. You were mad the company didn't file Ch 11, and now you're mad because the pension plan fiduciary (not AA, as AA resigned) hasn't decided to allow new 401k contributions to be invested in AMR. Too Hot! Too Cold! Make up your mind.

Speaking of stock soaring - Man, I hope you bought a boatload of it in March for under $2 per share (it was as low as $1.25). Nothing like a 600-1,000% gain (depending on when you jumped in) to take some of the sting out of those concessions. :D [/QUOTE]

Well somebody is making money off our labor. Too bad it wasnt us.

I dont remember any one being "mad that the company did not file C-11". What are you basing this accusation on?

Bob Owens said:

Speaking of stock soaring - Man, I hope you bought a boatload of it in March for under $2 per share (it was as low as $1.25). Nothing like a 600-1,000% gain (depending on when you jumped in) to take some of the sting out of those concessions. :D

Well somebody is making money off our labor. Too bad it wasnt us.

I dont remember any one being "mad that the company did not file C-11". What are you basing this accusation on? [/quote]

OH PLEASE!!!! That stupid lawsuit was proof enough that you guys couldn't have cared less if it put the company into bankruptcy!! Again, thinking only of yourselves! Maybe "mad" wasn't the right word to use but I can see the point being made. You won't be happy either way will you?

Oh, and FWAAA. . .I bought the stock at $4 per share!! Chu-ching!! :D
How about you Bob and RV4. . .did you get in early or did you not have enough faith in AA to buy the stock?? Just curious. . . ;)

I did not "get it early", I must NOT have to realized the plan was to profit from extracting Industry Leading Concessions from union workers.

But now that I see the plan and the "without further ratification" results that are coming.

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

When will we again, get the option to boost the profits of our 401k's at the expense of the working man?

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but there is still the matter of 20 bil in debt that has to paid down. The curret stock price is rising based upon a slight increase in profits, which by the way is not sufficent to begin paying down the 20 bil.

Expect the company to come looking for more shortly, the next 8-12 months.

RV4 said:
I did not "get it early", I must NOT have to realized the plan was to profit from extracting Industry Leading Concessions from union workers.

But now that I see the plan and the "without further ratification" results that are coming.

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

When will we again, get the option to boost the profits of our 401k's at the expense of the working man?
When Carty said he needed (and would not stop until he got) $1.6 billion from the represented workforce, you didn't see the writing on the wall?

And when the stock hit $1.25 (meaning you could conceivably buy the whole company with two weeks pay from the entire workforce) you didn't see the airline bargain of the year? I'm really sorry. It's up more than 10 times from that low.

If you want to buy AMR, just call your broker and buy some on Monday. But the trustee of the pension plans is unlikely to allow the employees to designate new 401k savings to AMR stock so long as the company's future is uncertain.

One word of caution - since it has run up to $13 from $1.25, there probably isn't much growth left in it. The real growth has already happened since about April 15 while you have been posting about how evil Carty was, how bad the TWU is, how much you gave up in pay and benefits and how great the AMFA is. But it's your money, so do what you want.

BTW, I haven't hit a home run like this since I bought Chrysler stock in 1980 prior to their federal loan guarantees. Thanks to everyone who voted in favor of the concessions. B)

Two Analysts Expect Full Year Profit for AMR in 2004

AMR is projected to earn a small profit in 2004, a growing number of financial analysts say.

The sentiment isn't unanimous, but it got a boost last week when analyst Samuel Buttrick of Warburg estimated that AMR would earn 50 cents a share next year.

Mr. Buttrick also said that AMR would lose less in the third quarter, which ends Sept. 30, than he originally thought. His new estimate is a loss of 40 cents a share, down from his previous projection of a loss of $1.60 a share.

The average loss estimate of 11 analysts is $1.22 a share, making Mr. Buttrick's revised number the most aggressive.

AMR's results "will be much closer to break-even than current estimates suggest," he wrote in a note to investors. AMR won't do that well, but its performance could surprise people, Mr. Buttrick said.

Ray Neidl of Blaylock & Partners in New York also projects AMR will be in the black by the end of next year. He estimated earlier this month that the company would earn 52 cents per share in 2004.

"At this point, it's going to get better from here for them," Mr. Neidl said Friday. Wall Street is underestimating the benefits AMR will see from its $4 billion-a-year cost-cutting campaign, he said.

"I've been very conservative in my revenue estimates for them, but if the economy continues to perform well, they'll do better," he said. Mr. Neidl is not as optimistic about AMR's third-quarter performance. He estimates it will lose $1.10 per share, or about $172 million.

He's worried about AMR's revenue repercussions from this month's blackout in the Northeast and upper Midwest. But, he said, if the revenue numbers for August are as strong as they were in July - when they were up about 10 percent over 2002 - then his loss estimate probably will shrink.

"The real question for American is what is going to happen after Labor Day," Mr. Neidl said. "Several of the carriers have given us indications that business travel traffic is starting to come back."

AMR stock price also rose today! :) I hope this is a sign of better things to come since AA really needs the revenue. Although I expect AA to lose money this quater I expect it to be significantly smaller than the last quater and last year's third quater results. I hope you guys at AA make it and continue flying in the future!

Latest posts