Time for Cartys resignation!!!!!!

twaokc

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
OKC
Bush didn''t force CAArty to but a bankrupt airline!

TWA was not bankrupt.....AA made that a condition of the sale. Did you forget that?

----------------
On 4/2/2003 10:33:12 AM twaokc wrote:

Bush didn''t force CAArty to but a bankrupt airline!

TWA was not bankrupt.....AA made that a condition of the sale. Did you forget that?

----------------​
Hey TWA,

Thanks for the heads-up on AMR. I made some $$$$$$$.

My prediction is that Caarty will resign after chapter 11 filing. The creditors will ask for a management change before they agree to changes. My guess will be sometime in the late summer early fall if all the TA's pass. A couple months if one of them gets voted down...

----------------
On 4/2/2003 10:23:44 AM twaokc wrote:

Carty is not the problem. The problem happened when Bush was voted in....

----------------​
Funny how I posted this this same quote on here almost a year ago and everyone supported him and his staff....Now look at the responses. This guy is determined to take this company into the ground and if you dont believe that look at your current TA in front of you. Is you well-being worth this job?

Americans problems are not all Cartys fault. TWA was a good idea and a great purchase. We could never have aquired all those routes and planes that quick through normal expansion. Unfortunatley September 11 came and the economy went to crap. Now it looks like a bad buy but who could see that far in the future.

Who would have thought Bush would try to defend his daddies honor and goto war with IRAQ, another blow to AA. And if I am not mistaken all the airlines are in trouble. So i guess all of you who hate Carty think it is his fault for them as well.

You would be all singing Cartys praises if 9/11 never happened and AA thrived as a result of the TWA purchase.

you are all such fair weather employees

Just like at the other chapter 11 carriers. Boeing asking for a management change at Hawaiian, and thats a log shot. Look at Tilton, a ship with out a rudder or a captain. Other than BK they have done little to stem the losses and now they pin all there hiopes on this starfish LCC. If they let him stay Don Carty is a shoe in.

TWA was a bad financial decision and will haunt us all the way through our careers. Selling off SABRE was another bad decision. TWA should have been sold off right after the 9/11 tragedies, but Carty wanted to maintain the status of the worlds largest airline. This came with a price, our livelihoods. Now we all have to endure the financial sacrificies of American''s bad financial decisions. Where do I sign the petition to get rid of Carty before he takes away my dignity and pride?

Americans problems are not all Cartys fault. TWA was a good idea and a great purchase. We could never have aquired all those routes and planes that quick through normal expansion. Unfortunatley September 11 came and the economy went to crap. Now it looks like a bad buy but who could see that far in the future.

"Who would have thought Bush would try to defend his daddies honor and goto war with IRAQ, another blow to AA. And if I am not mistaken all the airlines are in trouble. So i guess all of you who hate Carty think it is his fault for them as well.

You would be all singing Cartys praises if 9/11 never happened and AA thrived as a result of the TWA purchase.

you are all such fair weather employees"

Could not have been said better by anyone...Good job.

----------------
On 4/2/2003 10:38:23 AM Flyboy4u wrote:

----------------

Carty is not the problem.  The problem happened when Bush was voted in....

----------------​
Funny how I posted this this same quote on here almost a year ago and everyone supported him and his staff....Now look at the responses.  This guy is determined to take this company into the ground and if you dont believe that look at your current TA in front of you. Is you well-being worth this job?

----------------​
Bush is not the problem. It is funny how everyone looks outside first to blame someone. It would have happened no matter who was in office. Problems within management and within our unions started a long time ago. It''s been a snowball rolling downhill for years. It is time to stand up and start over. The good ole boys club needs some tweaking.

----------------
On 4/2/2003 12:19:27 PM capeman wrote:

Bush is not the problem.

----------------​

Maybe not entirely but his dragging out of when we were going to war over the past 6-8 months have ruined our economy. The same man who stated he would not let any union strike because of the effect to the US economy would rather see thousands of airline workers out of work or in bankruptcy court themselves. The current aid package being mulled over by congress seems to be too much according to the white house. And as for Carty, He didn''t learn anything from the Reno purchase. The TWA purchase was only considered because a deal with U and US was on the table. Remember the talks with Northwest? Now the union workers that have been here for years helping AA make the money needed to make these bad purchases are being asked to accept a contract were they will make less 6 yrs from now than they do today. Next year when its time to vote for president and they ask you are you better off today than you were 4 yrs ago you might want to really think about it.

----------------

----------------​

Hi Carl, how are you? --

Since when was Bush "voted" in?

Carty and Bush -- a mutual admiration society match made in heaven.

It was not only stupid for AA to buy TWA (they should have done a code-share which would have helped TWA offset Karabu and brought added revenue to AA) but the purchase would have NEVER passed regulatory approval if not for the contrived "failed company" defense thrust upon TWA (and presented to the government) by AA as a condition of the deal (along with Chapter 11 section 363) and the associated pack of lies Carty testified to before the US Senate about ALL the TWA employees getting jobs and the salvation of St Louis, etc, etc.

Long before 9/11 (in fact the day the purchase became final on April 10) these "jobs" turned out to be stapled part-time positions for non-contract employees such as agents. Carty set that tone and the great APA and APFA obediently followed suit -- he played them like a violin. Even the TWU attemped to follow suit, but an arbitrator saw it differently in light of Allegheny/Mohawk. Save for a few very senior TWA ground crew and senior Captains, the ENTIRE TWA employee pool has now been relegated to the unemployment line and those AAer''s who were spared by the TWA "cushion" no longer have that shield.

The ONLY people who benefited from the AA purchase of TWA (except as mentioned above) are the AA employees who were spared furloughs compliments of their stapled TWA counterparts.

Carty has been a case study in incompetence. He has done virtually NOTHING to adapt AA''s business model to the changing environment except go after employee pay and benefits, and take punitive measures toward his best customers by reducing their benefits and service -- his idea of an incentive program to lure back frequent business flyers. He has let AA take a $5.3 Billion bath these past two years. The guy at the top should always be the one who bears the responsibility. His days are numbered as is a BK-free AA.

As for not being able to predict the future, I agree that nobody could have foreseen the events of 9/11 or the degree to which our economy has tanked, although Bush''s ascendency to power should have been a warning sign about the economic Waterloo. Why did Carty do the TWA deal when the economy was already clearly headed south and AA had no real need for the airline? Is there really any other answer than ego?

Whenever a company loses $5.3 Billion over two years, it is ALWAYS the CEO who is the problem. Or is it the janitor''s fault?

Take care,

Marky

----------------
On 4/2/2003 11:07:11 AM A77IGW wrote:

Who would have thought Bush would try to defend his daddies honor and goto war with IRAQ, another blow to AA. And if I am not mistaken all the airlines are in trouble. So i guess all of you who hate Carty think it is his fault for them as well.

you are all such fair weather employees

----------------​

A77IGW:

Absolutely on the head.

TANSTAAFL