Time to decertify ALPA?

ab320driver

Advanced
Mar 31, 2006
There is such disgust and dismay at the integration award dismissing the hard work of SO MANY. Of course the ALPA negotiation committee took care of their own. Think the top 500 numbers going to senior CAPTS at EAST is a coincidence? Think again. Number #495 just happens to be very active on that committee. Good work! Some lose DECADES of seniority, you sir lost...well... NOTHING! Good for you! This should be the end of the little CAPTS club known as ALPA. There's no "I" in team, but there sure is in "senIor unIon member". We were told to just wait, that one day we would be senior CAPTS. Well Capt. B., you've just made sure nearly a thousand of us never see that day! Yet you still want my dues and assessment money. NO MORE. My local Humane Society is getting mine from now on. I know all about abuse, so I figure I can help others that have been abused...

Should be a great summer for flying, no pilots, no staffing, no computer , we are just one big happy family !

So, whats it gonna take ?

We all know that answer and "me" is most definately in the word "team"!

There is such disgust and dismay at the integration award dismissing the hard work of SO MANY. Of course the ALPA negotiation committee took care of their own. Think the top 500 numbers going to senior CAPTS at EAST is a coincidence? Think again. Number #495 just happens to be very active on that committee. Good work! Some lose DECADES of seniority, you sir lost...well... NOTHING! Good for you! This should be the end of the little CAPTS club known as ALPA. There's no "I" in team, but there sure is in "senIor unIon member". We were told to just wait, that one day we would be senior CAPTS. Well Capt. B., you've just made sure nearly a thousand of us never see that day! Yet you still want my dues and assessment money. NO MORE. My local Humane Society is getting mine from now on. I know all about abuse, so I figure I can help others that have been abused...
My sentiments exactly.

There may not be an "I" in Team but there is a "ME" located there.

I don't know about this stuff to comment further but it sounds rather ugly.

Oh Bob. Ugly is an understatement. Get the word out to your ffocus group. Flying on LCC just went from bad to well "ugly".

Call your Reps know let them know you want out of ALPO Then call Captain Prater at ALPO National. This may be your last chance. Tell him what this arbitration means to you. His number is 703 689 2270. His extension number is 4010.

Guys, getting out of ALPO is easier said then done. We tried in the 80's with no luck. We had over 1500 signatures of pilots who "said" they would sign a ballot to vote to decertify ALPO. Basically, a vote for a vote. When push came to shove, very few actually had the b@lls to actually do it.
ALPO has amazing power. You'll soon find out. Best of luck guys!!!

Call your Reps know let them know you want out of ALPO Then call Captain Prater at ALPO National. This may be your last chance. Tell him what this arbitration means to you. His number is 703 689 2270. His extension number is 4010.

What? Why are you mad at ALPA? ALPA has a merger policy, but ALPA did not make the final decision on how the policy merger would be implemented.

Both the East and the West pilots made their case to a third party arbitrator who listened to the arguments from both sides, interpretted the merger policy and then rendered his decision.

It is the merger policy that created this travisty. Now it is up to ALPA to correct this or they will be de-certified in short order. Let's get a real union with some balls this time, say Teamsters.

During the first week of new hire at U, ALPA took us out to their favorite watering hole in Coraoplis (PI folk insert their location). Over dinner and drinks we were convinced of the strength of the group and had our cards collected. That strength may be all that is left for those of us not in the perpetually lucky 500 at U.

Quitting has the one time benefit of the only pay raise you will ever see at this company (2%) but staying may be a bigger cost-for the union. I was once what I thought very active--local B scale committee, family awareness area coordinator, and national volunteer at NASMOD. ALPA is a business and like any business it needs the cash flow to sustain all of the operations from Dr. Martin's medical shop to Don Baier's flight pay loss. Interrupting that cash flow would be a good way to get some attention instead of leaving.

With the new attention, an ad hoc committee could deliver benefits back to the union for a fair exchange. This would require a level of organization NEVER seen by this pilot group. If it can be done, you will finally do more good for all of us-including Dave-than any amount of whining on the AAA ALPA webboard or here.

Stay out of the red--financially and using the TEM tools you have already been given.

Fraternally 'n 'at.

Let me answer! That is an easy question!

75% of USAir's seniority list have died a death of a thousand paper cuts, the seniority list was number 1000.

What did I win?!

The top 500 + and most of the captains could probably care less. They made the cut.

The top 500 + and most of the captains could probably care less. They made the cut.

I'm in that group, but I am still incensed by Nicolau's total disregard for ALPA Merger Policy (and, yes, I am well aware that the policy does not include DOH.) If you read the current policy, Nicolau fell far short in at least two of the criteria.

Send me my decertification ballot. I will happily sign to decertify ALPA. They haven't been effective or relevant since the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978.

Go ahead and decertify, you think you have it bad now?

Doogie, Glass and Hemenway will have a field day.

You people really need to think, being an employee at will the company will decimate your group even more and you cant do a darn thing about it.

Go ahead and decertify, you think you have it bad now?

Doogie, Glass and Hemenway will have a field day.

You people really need to think, being an employee at will the company will decimate your group even more and you cant do a darn thing about it.

No one is talking about being an "employee at will." Decertifying ALPA does not mean that the group will be non-union. We will have a union, and the current contract is in full force until amended whether ALPA administers it or not.