Today's News - There Is Even More

Yup, ninety days.

Personally I don't think Bronner will wait more than two weeks. Management (a misnomer) should have been running an airline instead of beating up on their best assets, the employees.

And lest management think that the demise of our career is going to cause us to cower and beg, let me remind them one more time:

I see this is nothing more than management stomping their feet and throwing a 3 year old style fit in a grocery store for not getting what they wanted.
Whaaa Whaaa Whaaa.........

Sorry there USAirboy, but when the #1 stock and debtholder states that its time to sell some of the goodies, I'd say you're deleted.

He could care less about his reputation or image. He is there to ensure that there is money/value available for RSA.

Tell em A330 --just got in from 3 day trip ---went through PHL on next to last leg ---there are some great employees there but all the ones that dont give a crap about our customers---oops I mean company--- drag us all down---what a sorry example of work ethic---ooo well ----need another coffee to calm down---good luck all--we're going to need it------BTW -----Iam going to puke on the next JetBlue dude that comes up to me in public and says I got out just in time good luck--told him good luck also . Twooo

Then why would Mr. Bronner make the following statements?

What you don't want to do is have a business that dies by way of water torture or starvation,'' said Mr. Bronner, the chief executive of a big pension fund, Retirement Systems of Alabama. "You can either fix it or pay off." He spoke by telephone from his office in Montgomery, Ala.
Mr. Bronner acknowledged that there appeared to be a standoff.

Mr. Bronner said the airline would prefer that the unions cooperate in its efforts to cut costs. "If that's not going to work,'' he said, "you have to put everything you can on the table and say, 'How do we maximize the assets we've got?' ''

"You have to have a buy in for everybody's survival," he continued. "Instead of management and labor working together, it's like two people that are frozen and with their fingers pointed at each other."

And why would he say this:

"But one option that has drawn increasing speculation -- the possibility the airline may seek to liquidate -- drew a quick dismissal from Bronner, also chairman of the Alabama pension fund that owns a controlling 37 percent stake in the airline.

"Nobody has ever mentioned that," he said. "I certainly have not. You don't liquidate things. If you look at groups of assets, some are material" to their owners and some are not. It is in that vein, he said, that US Airways needs to ask if really needs everything it has.

Bronner said he was trying to work out a "solution" between management and the unions that ensures that the company is able to cut costs and meet the covenants of $900 million in government-backed loans it received while reemerging from bankruptcy in 2003."

As difficult as this is to say, I truly believe the end is near for US Airways. We will join the heap pile of failed airlines: Pan Am, Eastern, Braniff, TWA. As noted airline analyst Darryl Jenkins said:

"Nothing that US Airways has makes any money right now. None of this is good. If I were a US Airways employee right now, I would not be going out and spending money I did not have."

I know some of you will respond that Bonner did not mention liquidation. If you did not believe him before, why would you believe him now?

That said, I wonder about the following:

Will Bill Pollack continue his aviation career with AirTran or Express Jet, flying right seat to a 30 year old captain. How will he deal with having to fly a hard block, no daily bid sheet, and being on reserve?

Will PitBull return to his/her nursing career, cleaning out bed pans and giving sponge baths? How will he/she fill her days when there is no forum board on which to post?

Will the more outspoken F/A's on this board be able to find another flying job? If so, are they willing to go to the bottom of the seniority list, clean airplanes on turnarounds, live in-base, and start the accrual of sick leave/vacation? Or will they be forced to get a temporary job at Starbucks/ Denny's until a better offer comes their way?

Will Robbed Again be able to replace their $13.75 an hour job with something comparable? What will they do for medical/dental?

Where will AOG and the hard-line IAM people go? Will they end up at TIMCO or Mobile Aerospace. doing third party maintenance for UAL and FEDEX? If so, will their work be safe?

Good luck to us all in our new careers.

Lindy

If US Airways says it is against company policy not to comment on this stuff, why is Dr. Bronner talking to all these newspapers?

Do the same SEC rules that US Airways is quoting not apply to him? Morgan Stanley is declining to comment????

jack mama said:
If US Airways says it is against company policy not to comment on this stuff, why is Dr. Bronner talking to all these newspapers?

Do the same SEC rules that US Airways is quoting not apply to him? Morgan Stanley is declining to comment????
HE WHO HAS THE GOLD MAKES THE RULES

I only thought SOME of you guys were cruel just to UAL employees, I certainly didn't expect one of your own to fling it at each other...harsh. :huh:

USAirBoyA330 said:
I see this is nothing more than management stomping their feet and throwing a 3 year old style fit in a grocery store for not getting what they wanted.
Whaaa Whaaa Whaaa.........
i think you are right on the monies US Airboy..
i think dave and his merry band of pranksters "master plan" was another round of give backs....not the kind like recent ones,but you know,we'll throw the ramp to the wolves and all you others will be ok...a little more productivity will help too.
i can't see any reason whatsoever that would prevent dave from going to the masses....since when does he need the unions blessing for this?
so he atempts an end around anti-union media blitz...so what is he gaining?sure some people are upset over the idea of further givebacks and possible liquidation...but if you read bronner's comments...looks like someone's blinking already.also looks like bronner isn't going to be able to liquidate and take his money and run.DID EVERYBODY NOTICE THIS?
we are all in the middle of an orchestrated media blitz......look at all the newbies here on us avi coming out of the woodwork questioning the unions stance.what a coincidence,eh? ;)
someones child is upset here like you said...have a nice day!

Saw a neat bathroom wall graffti in KCLT other day-----"I was bite on the arsss by a Wolf and crapped on by a Seagull"---lol---well here it comes---stocks down almost 6 % too so far .

lindy said:
Where will AOG and the hard-line IAM people go? Will they end up at TIMCO or Mobile Aerospace. doing third party maintenance for UAL and FEDEX? If so, will their work be safe?

Good luck to us all in our new careers.

Lindy
myself and all my HARD LINER BRETHREN will get back up and dust ourselves off and get on with our life.if by chance we find nirvana and happiness maybe we'll be able to advise you where you too can get a life.