Toilet Paper causes SWA Divert

magsau

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Found this on USAToday.

Jet forced to land after 'threat' — toilet paper dust

A Southwest Airlines flight headed to Las Vegas from Tampa made an unscheduled stop in New Orleans today after a passenger noticed a white substance in the lavatory that turned out to be dust from toilet paper.

An airline spokeswoman said the pilot considered the report serious enough to land at the nearest airport. Passengers left the plane until authorities investigated.

The jet continued on to Vegas.

I stole this from another board and thought it was pretty interesting. The SWA crew was not familiar with TP? Have always thought you stunk but now I know why!

That is hilarious. TP dust and a divert!!! So is it that SWA is so backwoods they only recognize corncobs as a lavatory item? If there had been corn husk's on the floor would they have thought, "Oh, that is normal!"

wouldn't you rather have the $$$ spent on linen napkins in your paycheck? and who has a market cap of over 11B? never been in bankruptcy transporting more people than any airline in the world with one of the highest saftey records? Thank you for pointing out that over 96 million AMERICANS are nothing but trash, corn eating hillbillies!
If it were up to you you would have UA's new slogan state: "If you don't fly United....you are filthy, trashy, uneducated, pieces of sh@@"

"I guess we are fortunate that we carry linen on our airplanes. " as well as bad customer service, uncomfortable seats, heavy debt, and attitudes like yours!

go to www.untied.com. it's a great site. The history of is that a passenger got so irrated with the lack of customer service that he created a place to post poor example's customer service. it also encourage's customer's to share actual responce's and how a certain airline basically doesn't care.

When you have vindictive,pevish employee's like magasu, it shows in the company they work for. I personally think that it's hilarious that mags points out one bad thing about WN and blare's it out for the world to no end. I bet that he's responsible for half the letters posted on untied.com and doesn't care.

agreed 100%.
but my response to this is: nothing good can come from this particular thread. It will only cause hostility and hard feelings.

Thank you for pointing out that over 96 million AMERICANS are nothing but trash, corn eating hillbillies!

Well I thought the corncobs were to replace the TP, but I suppose that could be SWA selling point. Buy a corn cob, eat is as the inflight meal and have you very own hillbilly TP for later.

As to the 96 million americans.......Wal-Marts are on every corner and SWA has found a niche with that crowd. If you read your own financial reports you might not show so much exuberance. Without Hedging you would be in dire straits. Also with all the reshuffling going on at SWA and the recent fare increases I think your financial day is coming.

However, this thread WAS about a SWA flight that diverted because the crew was unfamiliar with TOILET PAPER. Now that is FUNNY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just don't get it. You guys throw off the good looking ones, hang on to the clowns and divert for the sight of a toilet tissue. Absolutely amazing!

Hey magsau

I'm just a casual observer here, but it seems you've started something you'll never be able to finish.

At least LUV employees will recognize the sight of their pension checks, and profit sharing, when they see them. Will you be able to say the same? By the way, who will be issuing your pension checks if in fact you're vested?

Personally, I have a lot of respect for the LUVs of the world, and, I might add, AMR as well. They've never taken the easy way out by declaring Ch. 11. They haven't gone back on their pension obligations to their employees. The ilk of NW, UA, DL and US pale next to these fine companies.

you say "Without Hedging you would be in dire straits." but guess what? SWA is not.. its called good business. And without BK court where would UA be?

"Wal-Marts are on every corner "= again what a success story! smart business! Not right, not wrong, but making $$$$ aren't they?

"fare increases I think your financial day is coming. "= still the one of the lowest costs- and the highest paid. and a few billion in cash on hand. what's a dollar or two for an increase?

I think that if, and that's a BIG if, SWA needs the help of BK court, it will still be flying for decades to come... i think that if CO has its' way UA will only be flying 36 more months.. I hope that your milage plus sell is a great profit turner! let's think back to TWA! food for thought.........

"the crew was unfamiliar with TOILET PAPER. Now that is FUNNY! " i'm really not sure of any domesticated American not familiar with toilet paper..so that , my friend, is a dramatic stretch.

Hey magsau

At least LUV employees will recognize the sight of their pension checks, and profit sharing, when they see them. Will you be able to say the same? By the way, who will be issuing your pension checks if in fact you're vested?

They haven't gone back on their pension obligations to their employees.

First OFF SWA does not have a pension program to go back on. UFB!!! UAL now has the exact same retirement programs that SWA has. Please tell me you have more of a grasp of this issue than what you have written? I will even give you a place to look for some information. www.airlinepilotcentral.com Go to legacy/natinonal/lcc link and research the benefits. Currently it show SWA only having 401K and NO A or B fund (read below for the definition of these terms, since you obviously have no clue about this issue)

Although this is way off the topic of the thread I will take a shot at your misunderstanding of the pensions at UAL.

Our pensions were two fold. We had a defined benefit plan referred to the A-plan and another plan referred to as the B-fund. The A-plan was the traditional pension paid until to you die. You know the kind of plan that SWA does not have. The B-fund is the percentage plan. UAL would take a percentage of our earnings and put it into a fund that is similar to a 401K. Currently we get 16% of our monthly salary put into this plan at no dollars cost from our paychecks. UAL puts the money in, not the pilots. The plan that was terminated was the A plan (remember that is the plan that SWA does not have also). Just to give you some figures I am an old salt and my B fund balance is well over 1 million. This fund is managed by Frank Russell trust and is in no way dependent upon UAL. I do appreciate your concern for our retirements at UAL but you need to know the FACTS before you make sure BS statements.

Care to guess why we lost the A plan??????? It is because the undercutting and scablike behavior of the employees at companies such as SWA. The pressure has been on our contracts since SWA first started flying at rates well below the industry standards. So thanks for assisting the the removal our our defined pensions. If perhaps you people had the cajones to stand up and demand a pension like the major carriers none of this would have occurred.

"SWA first started flying at rates well below the industry standards" highest paid for equipment type and highest paid FA's now,, I think SWA is the standard....maybe you should fight to get to their level...

It is because the undercutting and scablike behavior of the employees at companies such as SWA. The pressure has been on our contracts since SWA first started flying at rates well below the industry standards.

You really are a dinosaur.

As you are a self-admitted UA oldtimer are you referring to the days of airline regulation as the 'industry-standard'?