Toll road to PIT from Tri-State area

There is a new toll road being built near Bavington to PIT airport. Anyone from PIT know the idiocy behind that idea? Guess the idea is to make it easier for people from Steubenville/Weirton area to get to the airport. (?) :unsure: The trip from that area is but 30 minutes. The reason any of those folks drove to CMH and CLE is beause US Airways made it too expensive to fly from PIT when it had the monopoly. What gives? Is there something in the water that makes Pennsylvanians have the great urge to blow money foolishly?

There is a new toll road being built near Bavington to PIT airport. Anyone from PIT know the idiocy behind that idea? Guess the idea is to make it easier for people from Steubenville/Weirton area to get to the airport. (?) :unsure: The trip from that area is but 30 minutes. The reason any of those folks drove to CMH and CLE is beause US Airways made it too expensive to fly from PIT when it had the monopoly. What gives? Is there something in the water that makes Pennsylvanians have the great urge to blow money foolishly?
so you can get to the Bavington Inn for wings in due course.

They are a blue state are they not?

About as bad as freakin' Massachusetts or the Peoples Republic of California.

so you can get to the Bavington Inn for wings in due course.

If I had to get to Bavington Inn, I would just take 60 south and west on 22, just like always. How much are they going to charge to drive on that thing?

Do you really think anybody from Stubenville or Weirton's car will make it that far? Let me add that's a long way to walk barefoot too. :p

Do you really think anybody from Stubenville or Weirton's car will make it that far? Let me add that's a long way to walk barefoot too. :p

Misspelling the name of a city whose residents you are insulting as a bunch of dumb hicks.

Irony.

Are you referring to the Southern Beltway, running from the airport to U.S. 22? I wasn't aware that was a toll road.

I guess it's supposed to be completed this fall.

Hey Hey lighten up! Some folks from that area have been walking fully erect for over a year now!

Some have even lost that little bump where the tail used to be :lol:

Just because they are from the shallow end of the gene pool and the family tree has no fork is NO REASON TO BE MEAN!

It's NOT their fault that the highway number has more digit than their DNA code :p

Now before everyone gets their knickers in a twist I live in another well known hick area. The Pine Barrens of NJ. Heck where do you think I got all of the above from :up:
You forgot 50,000 people, 3 surnames!

Hey TANTRUM, the southern beltway is eventually to connect to the mon-fayette expressway somewhere around Finleyville. Sure will make going the south hills communities alot simpler, also suppose to cut down congestion on 79 between 279/Bridgeville.For more info google 'SOUTHERN BELTWAY' and vist the turnpikes web site.

The road has been under construction for years. The original thought was so business executives visiting the steel mills could travel from the mills to the world class hub faster.

:lol: