Too many US1's?

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
I was told today by a CP res agent that there are "too many US1's" and the goal is to "weed them out".

What does that mean? Does US have more top tier customers than other airlines? Why do you want to "weed out" your most loyal customers? How do you go about "weeding out" your most loyal customers?

A question back to US is what are you going to do for the people who are not "weeded out"?

Stupid thing for a res agent to say.

Not heard any such thing. I do know that they are making tougher for you to get to US1 status and I agree with it.

Stupid thing for a res agent to say.

Not heard any such thing. I do know that they are making tougher for you to get to US1 status and I agree with it.

LOTFLMAO

Care to explain why YOU agree with it? 4 levels of "elite" status is assinine. Most US1's fly more than the "new" requirement of 120 segments or 100K miles to begin with.

I believe US doesn't want us top tier flyers anymore and they are making sure we go fly UA and any other airline.

I was told today by a CP res agent that there are "too many US1's" and the goal is to "weed them out".

What does that mean? Does US have more top tier customers than other airlines? Why do you want to "weed out" your most loyal customers? How do you go about "weeding out" your most loyal customers?

A question back to US is what are you going to do for the people who are not "weeded out"?
Not true my friend.

Well I know of one or two weeds that were pulled up and are growing in other gardens now. Too bad. I have averaged in excess of $50,000 a year for the last four years and will exceed that by the largest margin ever this year. And that is after four years of ever lower fares. How much has US earned of that amount? Less than $2000.

If they don't want that kind of revenue (and they don't BTW) there are many others who do.

My advice, start looking now for a new garden to grow in. Many gardeners will even throw a little fertilizer and water your way once in a while. The "weeds" are in fact greener on the other side.

Humm, any body up for sending Mr. Parker a bunch of weeds..... :bleh:

I have about 150,000 miles and broke the 100K mark in August. Stuck with US until they said no rollover, then I jumped ship. Sent a note to Tempe and never got a response.

FC is crappy and I think the CP desk service level (I'm not talking about "freebies", I am talking about customer service in general) is way way down in my opinion since the end of August.

I don't buy $98 fares, but obviously that is what US is aiming for--let them have those customers, I can go elsewhere. Why would you want to weed out your most loyal customers? What an idotic business plan.

I was floored that a res agent on the CP desk, who didn't address me by name when she answered the phone today by the way, said that there are too many US1's. This was in response to my question about the upgrade policy for companions--since US/East and US/West have totally different policies.

US1YFARE,

I cannot imagine why US would want to "weed out" our best customers. The business flyer is guaranteed money, day in and day out. The leisure market comes and goes. I find it very hard to believe.

The questions are:

Q1.Did said agent make you feel like a weed to be outed (in a platonic sense)?
Q2. Is this overt corprate policy?

A1. Evidently yes. Swift...
A2. Not likely. And a call to corprate to get a straight answer... well, never mind. The only goal of corprate is to get blood out of all the turnips, and then to lather, rinse, repeat. No turnips are exempt. Oddly, all past practice of corprate has shown that running a profitable bussiness is of no consideration in their COAs.

US1YFARE,

I cannot imagine why US would want to "weed out" our best customers. The business flyer is guaranteed money, day in and day out. The leisure market comes and goes. I find it very hard to believe.

Don't forget about those of us who travel with other people sometimes. And, generally those people are not FF's or do not have a preference. However, since I am, US gets double or triple the revenue, usually without realizing it since they don't track who I fly with, because my companions buy the same type of Y, B, H, or A fare that I purchase.

Don't forget about those of us who travel with other people sometimes. And, generally those people are not FF's or do not have a preference. However, since I am, US gets double or triple the revenue, usually without realizing it since they don't track who I fly with, because my companions buy the same type of Y, B, H, or A fare that I purchase.

Sir,You be preaching to the choir. We totally understand that a company should engage in practices that encourage brand loyalty but saddly there ain't no "corprate baggers" that see it that way.

They are not aiming for a thriving business, they are looking for quick money.

Who is left to squeeze?

They migrated flying to farm teams, dropped wages trough the basement, dumped retirements to the taxpayer, and declared bankruptcy twice to stiff the bussinesses.

Who is left to squeeze?

Mantra of USAir BOD:

Rule #1: Everyone is a turnip except me.
Rule #2: All turnips receive repeated squeezing.
Rule #3: If there are any questions, start over at rule #1 again.

Is there some one who can tell me why an airline would want to chase off its best, most revenue-producing customers?

From my experience, I've said it before and I'll say it again, our FF's are the easiest people to take care of! They know "how" to fly! They have their tickets out and ready for collection. They generally don't have any checked bags or require extra assistance. If there's a delay, these guys understand. They don't rush the podium in panic! They just get out their cell phones/laptops and make back-up plans. In fact, they probably already have figured out Plan "B" and are advising the CP desk of what they would like to do.

They know how and where to stow their carry-ons. They don't have unrealistic expectations. They know which flights have food and when to expect the snack basket. Most of them know the flight attendants are now cleaning the cabin and are quick to hand over their refuse!

I find them to be the most polite, generally. And I like seeing these guys!

And, as I have said, they are flying with us all the time! The are not the fickle leisure travelers who wait for the El Cheapo tickets! Or quit flying when the economy takes a down-turn.

To persue the leisure crowd, primarily, doesn't make good business sense!

Other than an obsession with green limes, which I share, they just aren't that demanding!

Dea

Other than an obsession with green limes, which I share, they just aren't that demanding!

Dea
Sweetheart, one of these days we HAVE to fly together.

You and many others are THE why we either don't want to leave (and haven't) or are always looking over our shoulders wanting to come back. You are the best and you know what, it doesn't cost the company a dime.

Thanks for all you do.....