Top 10 Domestic Airlines

mrfish3726 said:

I'm happy to see that Alaska Air made the list. I flew them in May from Newark to Seattle and back. The 737-700 had roomy seat pitch and the hot snack meals (breakfast going out and lunch coming back) were decent. There was also frequent beverage service on the flights. I was amazed that upgrades to first class were available for $50 on the day of the flight, but I didn't check to see if any seats were available.

I came back home just after Alaska replaced their ground personnel with contractors. I was expecting the worse, but the flight was on time.

It's ironic that Independence is on the list but it's survival is in doubt.

Maybe it's me, but isn't Song really just Delta with a ugly paint job.

I have no love for Delta, but they did land #4.

And I think they are still considered a Legacy Carrier...

Technically they are suppose to be a LCC, but your right they are just DELTA with another paint job just like TED part of UniTED LOL. What a joke they ALL are!!!! Can't be Low Cost when all the employees (pilots/fa's/csr/gnd folks/mech's) are all on the SAME MAINLINE PAY SCALE.

mrfish3726 said:
Technically they are suppose to be a LCC, but your right they are just DELTA with another paint job just like TED part of UniTED LOL. What a joke they ALL are!!!! Can't be Low Cost when all the employees (pilots/fa's/csr/gnd folks/mech's) are all on the SAME MAINLINE PAY SCALE.
[post="283911"][/post]​

That "joke" is listed as fourth. Three spots higher than your beloved Frontier. Doesn't say a whole lot for your joke of an airline. :blink:
Far be it for me to point out how uninformed your post is.
You do a fine job of that yourself.

mrfish3726 said:
[post="283911"][/post]​

Fish,

I know the FA's have a different payscale and work rules than Delta. They work only for Song, not Delta. I don't know about the other work groups but their service is great. I have enjoyed a few flights on them!

I wish I could compare them to Frontier but you don't go where I want to go, or when I want to go.

mrfish3726 said:
[post="283911"][/post]​

Well Mr. Fish, that is not a true statement. The mainline payscales at many of these "legacy" carriers IS less than many of the LCC payscales, so labor isn't the problem. LCCs are low cost from all aspects of their respective business models, while the legacies are low paying, high cost models.

C54Capt said:
Well Mr. Fish, that is not a true statement. The mainline payscales at many of these "legacy" carriers IS less than many of the LCC payscales, so labor isn't the problem. LCCs are low cost from all aspects of their respective business models, while the legacies are low paying, high cost models.
[post="284127"][/post]​

You are kidding.....right?! Haha....I'd love for you to prove that Delta pilots get
paid less than a Southwest pilot with the same seniority with in his airline.

Oh and...b-t-w...Delta pilots are Song pilots...I know this for a fact! My neighbor is one.

- John

Sorry atlflyer, but the highest paid 737 drivers are currently at Southwest...

Granted, a 777 driver at Delta will most likely make more (Hourly Pay) then any Southwest pilot, but when it comes to equipment type, Southwest pilots are at the top of the list when it comes to pay! Also a 1998 hire at Southwest is also a Captain.....doubt that's true at Delta!

You are correct with Delta and Song though....757 driver is a 757 driver at Delta regardless of the paint job!

...well...I guess I was wrong with Southwest's pay scale.

But is it true that the low-fare airlines will normally have a lower pay scale than
the legacy carriers? ...if it is that's what I was getting at...and if it isn't well then
I guess I'll insert my foot into my mouth.

- John

atlflyer,

it used to be that LCC's pilots had lower pay then their counter-parts at the legacy carriers...

But now with all of the concessions....it's not really that true anymore (based on equipment type)

Airtran and Jetblue pay about the same on the 737/320 at the top of scale as the legacy carriers...

Southwest being the exception to the rule being paid much more...

Frontier, ATA, Spirit and the majority of the non-sched's (Miami Air, Ryan, Transmed) pay far less then either Airtran, Jetblue or the Legacy Carriers.

TED operations are run with the same employees that work the mainline flights. There is no difference in the pay from one to the other. It was no different with Shuttle By UniTED (now AKA TED). I got paid the same as a mechanic whether I worked on a 747-400, 777, 767, 757, 727, 737, DC-10, or A320/319. It was the same for EVERY employee group the same way it is today! I don't know about Deltas SONG, I never worked at Delta???

smfav8r said:
Airtran and Jetblue pay about the same on the 737/320 at the top of scale as the legacy carriers...

Southwest being the exception to the rule being paid much more...

Frontier, ATA, Spirit and the majority of the non-sched's (Miami Air, Ryan, Transmed) pay far less then either Airtran, Jetblue or the Legacy Carriers.
[post="284230"][/post]​

Your statement is only partially true. Frontier is on par with Airtran and higher than jetBlue. You can go to airlinepilotpay.com to get a general idea on pay for all airline pilots. Please get your facts straight before you post.

Stand corrected.

Haven't talked to any Frontier pilots since the mid 90's...back then, the rates weren't all that great.

My statement came from the previous experience of flying for 9 different airlines (mostly non-sched's) and talking with other crew's from various airlines while commuting. So my statement was an educated one, just not researched!

Glad to see the Frontier pilots are making a reasonable wage.

Latest posts