Top 10 Most Disliked Companies

Can't say I'm surprised....

Interesting side note: After work today, I went to vote. I was still in uniform (my NW one), and the ladies handling the registration all went on about how disappointed they are with the "new" DL.

Service, A/C, price, inability of agents to affect change during irrops w/o having to get on the phone (for Global Assistance), you name it they cited it.

Interesting side note: After work today, I went to vote. I was still in uniform (my NW one), and the ladies handling the registration all went on about how disappointed they are with the "new" DL.

Service, A/C, price, inability of agents to affect change during irrops w/o having to get on the phone (for Global Assistance), you name it they cited it.
Sorry you haven't received your new uniform yet. Who were the ladies ?Former NWA maybe. Union reps maybe? Dissatisfaction is on both sides of the fence .

Remember Kevin, it's not about the work performed or the service rendered, it's all about the D E L T A look, as long as the facade continues, it's all good.

Sorry you haven't received your new uniform yet. Who were the ladies ?Former NWA maybe. Union reps maybe? Dissatisfaction is on both sides of the fence .

I should've been clearer...

Yesterday had nothing to do with any internal strife. I went to vote in a local municipal election, not a union one. This was at my local precinct (sp?). The ladies were election workers, and I didn't know them from Adam. The conversation was sparked when I walked up to get my ballot, and happened to still be in uniform.

Speaking of which, we won't get our DL uniforms until after the representation vote. We ordered them late last fall, and I assume they are in a warehouse in God-knows-where just waiting to distributed...

I should've been clearer...

Yesterday had nothing to do with any internal strife. I went to vote in a local municipal election, not a union one. This was at my local precinct (sp?). The ladies were election workers, and I didn't know them from Adam. The conversation was sparked when I walked up to get my ballot, and happened to still be in uniform.

Speaking of which, we won't get our DL uniforms until after the representation vote. We ordered them late last fall, and I assume they are in a warehouse in God-knows-where just waiting to distributed...

What is the reason why you have not received Delta uniforms? Everyone else is in theirs. Are you working DL aircraft ? Is this only in pmnw bases or is this system wide? I thought that I had pmnw people pushing us back in DTW .Thanks for the answers.

What is the reason why you have not received Delta uniforms? Everyone else is in theirs. Are you working DL aircraft ? Is this only in pmnw bases or is this system wide? I thought that I had pmnw people pushing us back in DTW .Thanks for the answers.

All PMNW ramp agents systemwide still have the NWA uniform. We have not received DL ones yet due to representation issues. Our uniform has the IAM logo on it, and our contract has language that requires it as well, so until that's worked out, we still have the old ones. As I noted earlier, we've all already ordered the new ones, and I assume they're just waiting to see of they need to sew a patch on them or not.

We are working PMDL A/C in a many places. I imagine it was NW people pushing you back in DTW, since we're handling the PMDL A/C there.

All PMNW ramp agents systemwide still have the NWA uniform. We have not received DL ones yet due to representation issues. Our uniform has the IAM logo on it, and our contract has language that requires it as well, so until that's worked out, we still have the old ones. As I noted earlier, we've all already ordered the new ones, and I assume they're just waiting to see of they need to sew a patch on them or not.

We are working PMDL A/C in a many places. I imagine it was NW people pushing you back in DTW, since we're handling the PMDL A/C there.
Thank kev I had no idea.

Delta is not the same Delta I had grown up with in D/FW. You now have the same management that we have at American.

Perhaps Arianna Huffington should read the original article more carefully. Seeing as how there are, I'm sure, more than 60 corporations in the U.S., does it mean that those not mentioned were even worse than DL? Or are those air carriers not mentioned better than anyone on the list, including Southwest.

Basically, this poll is about corporations that are the most visible and were chosen by the people that participated in this poll. This poll is about the reputations of the "60 Most Visible Companies in the U.S." and that is all. If it was the "top 100" instead, DL would almost be in the top half. If they had chosen the "top 50" instead, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Truth is, the new Delta does suck. Management has rushed to put up the "window dressings" first and is just now racing to make an attempt to brace up its foundation. The customers have suffered greatly throughout this merger. It should be no surprise to anyone that the people aren't happy with the fewer choices of airlines, prices on the rise, and a lack of knowing who is running what at DAL. Now the good news, with the union at the employees side, we can make it better, together.

I was not going to sit and watch my wages or my union fall to Company who's moral compass has been malfunctioning for some time. I left NWA almost six months ago. While I was there, I did work as hard as possible, trying to make my station one of the best in the system. Managements slow implementation of training NWA employees on Delta archaic systems made this company what it is today. Bottom of the barrel in on-time, lost luggage, and costumer service. The fact is that the soon to be unionized workforce will be the ones that will correct the mistakes made by Delta and will make it a great combined airline.

I am neither. I was not going to sit and watch my wages or my union fall to Company who's moral compass has been malfunctioning for some time. I left NWA almost six months ago. While I was there, I did work as hard as possible, trying to make my station one of the best in the system. Managements slow implementation of training NWA employees on Delta archaic systems made this company what it is today. Bottom of the barrel in on-time, lost luggage, and costumer service. The fact is that the soon to be unionized workforce will be the ones that will correct the mistakes made by Delta and will make it a great combined airline.

Quite frankly, I think you're full of it. What would YOU know of DL's "moral compass"? DL has "archaic" systems? They seem to work pretty well in the largest hub in the world and the other DL hubs. I'll admit that there's been an on time problem as well as customer service, but I also believe that these are things that are being worked on.

What are you going to say if there is NO unionized workforce to correct things and yet they work out fine, anyway? Is it just possible that it could happen without a union? Of course it can, because it has happened for years.

Don't you injure yourself, trying to pat yourself on the back all the time?

"Quite frankly, I think you're full of it. What would YOU know of DL's "moral compass"?"

Well lets go with Dick Anderson for starters. The mass amounts of farm out employees at DL, unwilling to pay their people a wage above the rate of poverty. The scam of skimming millions of dollars from employees in bankruptcy, only to line the executives pockets and to fund the merger. How's that for a start. And as for my union. Thanks to the contract that I had, I was able to collect a severance equal to 18 weeks of pay on my way out the door.

DL has "archaic" systems? They seem to work pretty well in the largest hub in the world and the other DL hubs.

They may work "pretty well," but they don't work nearly as efficiently as the system they replaced.

OSS/RES are a big step backwards compared to what we had previously. ALIS is okay, but the rest is like taking a trip back to 1986.