Top Ten Reasons to Vote NO

olderguyAMT

Advanced
Jun 12, 2010
Perhaps there are many who are undecided about the vote.
Now you can read all the reasons for voting NO here.

The Co. is pushing the YES vote because it is better for them.
and what is good for them is bad for us.
So the No vote is better for us than the Yes vote!

For those voting YES, think about the Article 1 scope concerning outsourcing of our work. The LBO says that total outsourcing is limited to 35%. Then they go on to state that the outsourcing can exceed 35% if certain conditions are met; like low headcount or lack of hangar space, or lack of skill. Simple manipulation of the RIF and changing maint. scheduling will work to the co. benefit here. Read the language please.
Remember what the Schedulers-BeanCounters did to the 757 heavies, which proved the case for outsourcing under the current contract.
So with a little tweaking, we are up to that dreaded 40% outsourcing anyway. Think about it a little more.

Funny, you never read or hear about Sothwest Airline mechanics bitching about outsourcing. You know, those guys that make $45 per hour. They outsource far more than AA is proposing, yet not a peep from their group.
Kind of makes you go hmmmmm.

Reactions: 2 people
Funny, you never read or hear about Sothwest Airline mechanics bitching about outsourcing. You, know, those guys that make $45 per hour. They outsource far more than AA is proposing, yet not a peep from their group.
Maybe they have union representation.

Reactions: 3 people
Funny, you never read or hear about Sothwest Airline mechanics bitching about outsourcing. You, know, those guys that make $45 per hour. They outsource far more than AA is proposing, yet not a peep from their group.

Wonder why they are happy? Maybe it's the $45/hr. Incredibly better benefits, or maybe being valued as an employee?

The rest of the industry is laughing at us that we are even voting on this pile of horse manure. The AA negotiating team has said what they are asking for is outrageous. Either the F/A's and the pilots are much dumber or much smarter than we are, as they are telling the company to pound sand. You have to ask yourself, which one is it?

1. Why TWU not marching with Pilots and Flight Attendants? Because its cheaper to give up?

2. LBO goes way beyond what is necessary for the exit from BK, guaranteeing the co. billions in profits in the next 6 years.

3. Top executives are pushing for the YES vote. That means a NO vote is better for us!

4. D Parker and T Horton will make millions more on the backs of maintenance workers. Nothing quite like padding the pockets of the execs. Haven't we seen this in the recent past?

5. M&R LBO Article 1 outsourcing language to benefit the Co.

6. LBO Me Too Letter of Agreement can be voided easily with a NO vote from any TWU group.

7. Roving gangs of OSM's in the hangars doing AMT and Fleet Service work. Say hello to MRO wages, which will rock the boat of AMT's nationwide. Sweeping work rule changes will be permanent; another industry record. CC will be forced to work. Limits to overtime pay.

8. Early out Incentive at the discretion of the local manager.
Mgmt spins this to the members with no language to back it up.

9. Its a long time til 2018, with lowest wages and benefits locked in place. And since contract negotations began in 2007!

10. Consider food and fuel inflation right along with regular inflation, and that measly 1.5% raise is absorbed by the cost of living. Better to keep negotiating.

Can you think of more ??????

TWU%20Local%20565%20sign%20May%202012%20blog.JPG

Another reason...

Because six out of seven mechanic locals are against it. Those six also have have interest in a international job. The only local officials that are for this disaster are also trying to get international jobs like overweight--I mean overspeed has.

TWU%20Local%20565%20sign%20May%202012%20blog.JPG

Another reason...

Because six out of seven mechanic locals are against it. Those six also have have interest in a international job. The only local officials that are for this disaster are also trying to get international jobs like overweight--I mean overspeed has.

Perhaps that is our problem at TUL, we are a mechanic local and there is specific language protecting the Fleet Service members, but not the mechanics.

Perhaps that is our problem at TUL, we are a mechanic local and there is specific language protecting the Fleet Service members, but not the mechanics.

Buck can you specify the specifics of the specific language protecting specific
Fleet Service members ?
Haven't read their LBO.

1. Why TWU not marching with Pilots and Flight Attendants? Because its cheaper to give up?

2. LBO goes way beyond what is necessary for the exit from BK, guaranteeing the co. billions in profits in the next 6 years.

3. Top executives are pushing for the YES vote. That means a NO vote is better for us!

4. D Parker and T Horton will make millions more on the backs of maintenance workers. Nothing quite like padding the pockets of the execs. Haven't we seen this in the recent past?

5. M&R LBO Article 1 outsourcing language to benefit the Co.

6. LBO Me Too Letter of Agreement can be voided easily with a NO vote from any TWU group.

7. Roving gangs of OSM's in the hangars doing AMT and Fleet Service work. Say hello to MRO wages, which will rock the boat of AMT's nationwide. Sweeping work rule changes will be permanent; another industry record. CC will be forced to work. Limits to overtime pay.

8. Early out Incentive at the discretion of the local manager.
Mgmt spins this to the members with no language to back it up.

9. Its a long time til 2018, with lowest wages and benefits locked in place. And since contract negotations began in 2007!

10. Consider food and fuel inflation right along with regular inflation, and that measly 1.5% raise is absorbed by the cost of living. Better to keep negotiating.

Can you think of more ??????

Those are more than enough for me. Solid NO.

Fleet Service members ?
Haven't read their LBO.

Here is part of it...

This will confirm our understanding reached during the negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on DOS. During these negotiations, we discussed the

Company’s interest to gain efficiencies at TULE for certain work that is currently performed by TWU represented employees under the terms of the Fleet Service agreement.

After numerous discussions, it was agreed that the Company will have the ability to reassign all fleet service work performed at TULE to the Overhaul Support Mechanic classification.

Fleet Service members ?
Haven't read their LBO.
It is in a PDF format, therefore I cannot copy it. It can be retrieved on the TWU local 514 site.

Basically,the work of the FSC at TUL is being transferred to the maintenance OSM classification. Over a period of attrition, 60 FSC's will continue to perform the work with the OSM's. 20 additional FSC's will be affected by the RIF.

I am curious as to what classification this will fall under while this attrition takes place.

Secondly, will additional OSM's be pushed to the street until this attrition takes place?

I just hope REAM never gets another chance to "get" the TWU leadership "in a room" again.

I still laugh out loud everytime I hear this statement in his vote yes video.

Between the 2003 "pajama party" in Tulsa and now REAM talking about having them "in a room", I have concerns about any TWU leader and AA Management get together.

Funny, you never read or hear about Sothwest Airline mechanics bitching about outsourcing. You know, those guys that make $45 per hour. They outsource far more than AA is proposing, yet not a peep from their group.

It should make you go hmmmmm. The reality is they started with outsourcing and we are talking about doing away with workers we have on payroll. How can a union agree to outsourcing work of its own dues paying members? AA would love to have Southwest's outsourcing levels and pay just the line $42/hour. That's a deal for them. Is that what you are proposing? That the TWU negotiate to outsource all engines, components and a majority share of our airframe overhaul? How would you get a yes vote on that deal?

Latest posts