Tpa-mia Jetconnect Dropped

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Anyone know why it was dropped? Loads or was the plane moved somewhere else to start new service? There isnt much competition on this route (although AA is up to 4 or 5 jets a day now). Just curious since every time I called for seats they seemed fairly full.

i am almost positive it was dropped to relocate the plane elsewhere. I can't remember the route though. It might be BWI-DAY, that just started.

Since we are asking. Why does the route map indicate MCO is shared by AirTran and Ryan Intl.? I thought Ryan only flew ATL to the west coast.

I looked at the flight skd a while ago and it looks like one of the A320s goes from ATL-MCO as one of the evening flights and overnights in MCO. Next morning back to ATL and then to the West coast.

tadjr said:
Anyone know why it was dropped? Loads or was the plane moved somewhere else to start new service? There isnt much competition on this route (although AA is up to 4 or 5 jets a day now). Just curious since every time I called for seats they seemed fairly full.
Most of the local Miami-Tampa traffic uses Southwest and thier thirteen daily flights from Lauderdale. Also, it was hard to compete with American, who will be up to 5 daily mainline jets in May, and was always matching airTran's fares.

To get more utilization out of the Ryan aircraft, one West Coast flight was continued on to Orlando. For the busy Spring Break period there are now three dailies from Atlanta to Orlando on Ryan's A320s with additional sections added when needed. In the past, AirTran has contracted with Miami Air and TransMeridian to provide addition lift to Florida this time of year so it's really not too surprising.

The aircraft has been switched to ICT-ATL. I have flow the TLH-TPA leg which usually has decent loads. I am not sure about the TPA-MIA leg. I don't think we will see it return. DL now has a monopoly in TLH - PBI,FLL,MIA market.

Latest posts