Transatlantic Flight Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisUS

Senior
Aug 20, 2005
Most airlines select low flight numbers for their prestigious transatlantic routes. DAL and CAL all use two digits making them easier to remember and denote their importance. Why did US go to 4 digits making them just like any other route? I'm sure it has to do with TEMPE RULES. :(

Most airlines select low flight numbers for their prestigious transatlantic routes. DAL and CAL all use two digits making them easier to remember and denote their importance. Why did US go to 4 digits making them just like any other route? I'm sure it has to do with TEMPE RULES. :(
They used to be single and two numbers but HP/US integration made that each doesn't have any duplicates. 1-699 is now HP flights and 700-and above US flights. I am not sure where Express flights start at, but I think its 2300 and above if I am not mistaken, but I am probably wrong on that.

the transatlantic flts will be renumbered this summer. the numbers will range from 700-730 if i am not mistaken. so they will all be 3 digit numbers .

the transatlantic flts will be renumbered this summer. the numbers will range from 700-730 if i am not mistaken. so they will all be 3 digit numbers .

How is it "prestigious"? It's a big bus, going over a big pond, with a load full of complaining "give me everything for nothing" people.

I didn't know USAir had any transatlantic routes. WOW!

Alice Cramden

That's EXACTLY the attitude that has me on Lufthansa for my next trip to Europe.

Well what's one less freeloading Cockroach right?

And I'm sure on Lufthansa you will pay more for your ticket. And, don't forget, they still have all the "frills" that we we don't have now. The reason for that? Foreign airlines are government subsidized. Unlike our government that sat by and watched as all our careers hung by a thread. So the employees had to subsidize their own companies which in turn meant the frills went away. But, the majority of the traveling public don't see it that way they just complain because they don't get a 7 course meal and pajamas....

Well let's take a look shall we:

Lufthansa PHL-BRU
Price:$674.80 R/T. 1 connection
Aircraft: B747
Coach Seat Pitch:33"
Coach Seat width:17.5"
Other Amenities
Complimentary cocktails
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

US Airways PHL-BRU
Price:$785.41 R/T. Non Stop
Aircraft: B757
Coach Seat Pitch:32"
Coach Seat width:17.1
Other Amenities
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

Bigger seat, Bigger plane, Lower Price why would I fly US Airways? Doesn't pass the W.I.I.F.M test. I've flown Lufthansa before, great attitudes and service. They've EARNED the business, US has not.

Thank you Piney. They don't need roaches to check up on their operation.

The whack jobs in DCA and PHX, like our pResident, have very little contact with reality.

Lufthansa PHL-BRU
Other Amenities
Complimentary cocktails
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

US Airways PHL-BRU
Other Amenities
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

Bigger seat, Bigger plane, Lower Price why would I fly US Airways? Doesn't pass the W.I.I.F.M test. I've flown Lufthansa before, great attitudes and service. They've EARNED the business, US has not.
goodbye.

Lufthansa PHL-BRU
Other Amenities
Complimentary cocktails
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

US Airways PHL-BRU
Other Amenities
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

Are you joking? I (and I bet many others as well) would GLADLY pay $100 more for a non-stop across the pond! Chances are, the pax will connect in PHL, so they can choose an inch of pitch, hot flight attendants, and two more engines over a non-stop hop. Hmmm, PLEASE let me pay more!
There is always a premium placed on fewer legs, so find a more comparable trip.

Lufthansa PHL-BRU
Other Amenities
Complimentary cocktails
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

US Airways PHL-BRU
Other Amenities
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

As I said, Government subsidy, not on the back of the employees. And yes, don't let the door hit you in the @#%! I could care less if you never fly US again.

Lufthansa PHL-BRU
Other Amenities
Complimentary cocktails
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

US Airways PHL-BRU
Other Amenities
Meal service
In Flight Entertainment

--------------------------------------------------------

The Pinester.....

I thought you were a Frequent flyer??

Why would you be lookin at the "Coach class" seats???

If 1.4 inches is all that stands in the way of you and a USAIRways seat vs a german seat then well, why didnt you say so....

Im sure we could set your @ss up with an extra 1.4 inches.....

On second thought, we might not have the clout of "Helga", ......

Im sure her 1.4 inches feels much better, ..

Say it, or "Helga" will whip you...you nasty american...say it...Now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.