Transition Talks

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Transition Talks

ARLINTON (theHub.com) - With the relocation of the company headquarters to Tempe, Ariz., being one of the first identified cost savings initiatives to be implemented under the planned merger with America West, President and CEO Bruce Lakefield hosted a meeting on Tuesday for Crystal City employees and some field management staff to discuss the merger timeline and process.

Lakefield acknowledged that “change is always difficult,â€￾ but said it’s important to stay focused on running a good airline while working through the transition to a new US Airways. “This merger is about saving jobs for the majority of our employees. But in order to do that, we must stay focused on day-to-day operations and also in executing the business, legal and regulatory requirements of the transaction. Otherwise, all our good intentions will not be realized.â€￾

In addition to Lakefield, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Planning Bruce Ashby and Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Jerry Glass made presentations. The officers were joined by Doug Parker, America West chairman, president and CEO, who was in town for other meetings, as well.

Ashby noted that details of the merger will be determined by a steering committee composed of eight executives, four each from the two airlines. The eight officers will oversee working groups to develop merger plans in nine specific areas, representing every division within the individual carriers.

US Airways will be represented by Lakefield; Ashby; Glass; and Al Crellin, executive vice president - Operations. America West members will be Parker; Derek Kerr, senior vice president and CFO; Scott Kirby, executive vice president - sales and marketing, and integration leader; and Jeffrey McClelland, executive vice president, COO and chief safety officer.

Parker complimented US Airways management and frontline employees for working through “enormously difficult issuesâ€￾ that positioned US Airways for the merger. He said his goal is to build the best possible management team that shares his enthusiasm. “I am very excited about this merger and the prospects it provides for our employees and customers,â€￾ he said.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Transition Talks

ARLINTON (theHub.com) -

US Airways will be represented by Lakefield; Ashby; Glass; and Al Crellin, executive vice president - Operations.

[post="278339"][/post]​

All patiently passing time, waiting for their Golden Parachutes to kick in.

WestCoastGuy said:
All patiently passing time, waiting for their Golden Parachutes to kick in.
[post="278345"][/post]​
We can only hope that the the 2B's and the 2 wanna B's in fact hit the road. I can not tell you how much it scares me to see Uncle Al's name on this list. God help you all if he stays on.

Regards

l4pi

B)

My suggestion would be for Al to make a connection in PHX enroute to a long anticipated retirement in California. He need not apply in Tempe! :down:

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways will be represented by Al Crellin, executive vice president - Operations.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="278339"][/post]​

Perhaps we should begin the email campaign to Parker now, letting him know what a knock up job Al Crellin has done for US Airways' day-to-day operations.

:down: :rolleyes:

...If this senior management team begins to seep into the halls of Tempe, then the merger is doomed before it even begins.

hharotz said:
Perhaps we should begin the email campaign to Parker now, letting him know what a knock up job Al Crellin has done for US Airways' day-to-day operations.

DOES ANYONE HAVE MR. PARKER'S EMAIL ADDRESS.................

Hello Newman said:
hharotz said:

DOES ANYONE HAVE MR. PARKER'S EMAIL ADDRESS.................
[post="278474"][/post]​

I don't, but I would love if we as employees as well as the members of FFOCUS begin to let Parker know what is really going on here before he to becomes 'Crellinized'. US really is an old boys club and I'm afraid that Parker and his management team will get caught up in the excess and laziness that we have seen from CCY over the years.