Tray Table Advertising

ACrazy8

Advanced
Aug 7, 2003
SkyMedia to launch ads on US Airways
SkyMedia International will roll out advertising on US Airways Group Inc. passenger-tray tables after the merger of America West Holdings Corp. and US Airways is complete.

SkyMedia, which is based in Phoenix, delivers advertising on flights lasting one to six hours. The company says its advertising yields 92 percent recall by 98.6 percent of airline passengers that use their tray tables during a flight.

"We are very pleased," says Nick Pajic, chief executive of SkyMedia. "This represents an increase of more than 250% in airplanes and seatback tray table inventory. We are going from 18,000 tray table ads and 140 airplanes to 46,000 tray table ads and 340 airplanes."

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stori...html?from_rss=1

Is that a positive approach to the buyout? :)

On my last flight, the tray-table was advertising a Benz coupe. It looked ok and HP says it makes a bit of money (a couple of millions a year) - and every bit counts.

Rob said:
Is that a positive approach to the buyout? :)

On my last flight, the tray-table was advertising a Benz coupe. It looked ok and HP says it makes a bit of money (a couple of millions a year) - and every bit counts.
[post="303504"][/post]​

Also the ads are on the tray table top, they only show up when the table is down.

More mirror image, I see.

ACrazy8 said:
"We are very pleased," says Nick Pajic, chief executive of SkyMedia. "This represents an increase of more than 250% in airplanes and seatback tray table inventory. We are going from 18,000 tray table ads and 140 airplanes to 46,000 tray table ads and 340 airplanes."
[post="303499"][/post]​

Wait and see if they're still pleased after they discover how dirty their new tray tables are. ;)

hp-csr-phx said:
Also the ads are on the tray table top, they only show up when the table is down.
[post="303550"][/post]​

Not quite as 'tacky' as the Ryanair method, which is to eliminate the tray table altogether (along with the window shade, the seat recline, seat pocket, etc.) and plaster an ad (along with the required safety info) in the space where the tray table fits "upright and latched".
But, hey, Ryanair makes the $$, so who knows what's yet to come...

Look on the bright side. Looking at the photos above, can you tell if there is a dirty stain on them or not? ;)
Since the airlines are basically mass transport now, why shouldnt they have ads on them like the subways and busses? As long as they are just on the tray tables it wouldnt look too bad. Now, if they start on the closed overhead bins......

It's not that bad believe me. They replace the ads every month and it's very easy to clean.

It's good revenue for the airline and it will help keep our jobs. :)

barbeetantrums said:
Wait til you see your fellow passengers pick pick picking at it with their unclipped nails. You will want to slap them.  :angry:
[post="303773"][/post]​

You know we had the same concerns here at HP when we first heard that they were putting ads on the traytables, but it hasn't been bad.
Those ads really stick to the traytables (They must use gorrilla glue or somethin') and you can't tell if the tables are dirty or not. Some of the ads actually look pretty cool and colorful.

TheNewLowFare said:
You know we had the same concerns here at HP when we first heard that they were putting ads on the traytables, but it hasn't been bad.
Those ads really stick to the traytables (They must use gorrilla glue or somethin') and you can't tell if the tables are dirty or not. Some of the ads actually look pretty cool and colorful.
[post="303778"][/post]​

Yes. I'm one of yuns and I know all about those ads. It is amazing how destructive people can be when they have too much time on their hands. Keys and fingernails are the customary implements of destruction. Idle hands are the Devil's workshop.

flyin2low said:
Examples?
[post="303660"][/post]​

Hey that beats crayola and markers that kids paint on the tray tables anyday. Besides it is creative revenue comming into the company :up:

We were horrified when we heard about them and then saw them, too. But, they seem to work, generate revenue, and we don't even notice them anymore. They seem to hide the dirt, if you know what I mean.

Geez . . . . How tacky. Zero Class. I don't even think Greyhound does that. Must be like riding on a city bus. Any advertisements for tampons, erectile dyfunction pills, anexiety medicines, or maybe life/accident/dismemberment insurance?

Maybe the company can start selling space on their aircrews' flight bags for advertisements.

.. or we could take a page out of Western Pacific's book....

wp.jpg