Trip Report Fll-bdl

USAir757

Veteran
Jul 31, 2004
DCA
Visit site
I just wanted to comment on my first trip on Delta Song, which was on Thursday evening.

I booked the flight on flysong.com about 3 weeks ago, and found it be quite easy to navigate and book the flight, and there was little confusion on how to use it. The fare was $216.50 USD/RT, FLL-BDL-FLL.

On flight day, I was back in Terminal Two at FLL for the first time in ages (a Delta-only terminal), and I have to say it is a disaster. Granted, it is under construction for expansion, and thank goodness because even at 700pm, the entire terminal was at capacity with only 4 or 5 flights left to depart. One bar, two walk up restaurants with a line a mile long, and the bathrooms looked like they haven't been cleaned since the Nixon administration. Crowded at every corner, and the only concession that I wanted (a cold beer) would only come by waiting at least 20 minutes in line.

The flight was delayed from 655pm until 800pm, apparently due to weather in the Northeast. Hurricanes Bonnie and Charley, though threatening the Southwestern part of Florida, were apparently not affecting arrivals and departures at that time. The flight was delayed again until 845pm.

Around 815pm, the gate agent, who was very professional and quite pleasant, began boarding the plane. I believe the aircraft was booked at approximately 80 percent (give or take). I have to say, the boarding process was quick and seemless, which is a breath of fresh air from what I am regularly used to.

The aircraft itself once you're on board looks a little bit like you're on a Disney jet, but that didn't detract from the comfort level. Plenty of legroom and good seat pitch. The flight crew was extremely pleasant and hospitable, which I gave them credit for as they had already gone PBI-BDL-FLL, and were on their last leg. Seemed like a long and monotonous day to me. Flight service was excellent. The three F/A's (that I saw, there may have been a fourth), were extremely nice, conversational, and well-mannered. Food and beverage service was expedited quickly and efficiently. Menu selections were great, though not everything that was on the menu was available. The inflight DirecTV service was a nice addition. Music, television, trivia, and real-time flight information was provided at no charge, and movies for $5.

The flight arrived BDL at approximately 1150pm, two hours behind schedule. However, despite the lack of punctuality, my first experience with Song was an excellent one. I hope that Song continues to expand and grow, and the concept becomes profitable enough for Delta to continue the brand. Thanks to Delta Song and its crew members working Song 2082 on 12AUG04, you guys did a great job. And to the F/A that sung the Song rendition of "What a Wonderful World" over the PA after landing, I'm glad you're a flight attendant and not a singer. ;)

Job well done!

Latest posts