Trip Report

SCEflyer

Apr 4, 2004
Earlier this year my wife and I liquidated 50,000 Dividend Miles (No Status) which we used for a trip to Cancun this month. Our routings were:

November 2: SCE/PIT/CLT/CUN

November 8: CUN/CLT/PHL/SCE

The trips in both directions were relatively seamless, with three modest exceptions. The departure of the originating flight out of SCE was delayed 40 minutes or so, as the flight crew had arrived late the prior evening, and needed to get its mandatory rest period. We had no difficulty in making our connection in PIT.

One of the FA's on the CLT/CUN leg appeared to be frazzled by the full load on the A319, but she recovered about midway through the trip.

The CLT/PHL leg on the return was delayed for cleaning by about 25 minutes, due to its late arrival from SJU. (Yes, the plane was clean upon departure from CLT.)

In fact the A/C on all six segments were clean, although the interiors of the planes on the CUN/CLT (757) and CLT/PHL (767) legs had tired/faded appearances. The Envoy/FC seats on the 767 appeared to be especially worn.

The U employees and crew members we encountered ranged from being businesslike to cordial but efficient. We had no checked baggage issues. In fact, at PHL last evening, our luggage and golf bags were waiting for us at planeside at Terminal F, when we boarded the Dash 8 for the final leg to SCE. They had been transported from Terminal A in less time than it took us to get from A to F using a motorized cart and bus from Teminal C.

There was nothing exciting nor luxurious about this trip. U simply provided us with safe, reliable and timely transportation and packaged it with courteous service. This is what we expected and the carrier delivered.

Regards,

Tom

You are out of a job because you did not transfer, accept personal responsibilty all ready.

And those passengers flying paid your salary for 28 years.

i am very glad you two had a nice trip! glad nothing went too terribly wrong. this airline does have the best of the best employees but i cant say the same for the mgmt team!

Glad you had a pleasant travel experience. Just wish you hadn't used the word "liquidated" with respect to you miles. The word makes about 28,000 souls real nervous these days!

N924PS said:
Glad you had a pleasant travel experience. Just wish you hadn't used the word "liquidated" with respect to you miles. The word makes about 28,000 souls real nervous these days!
[post="199349"][/post]​

[/quote

Ahmen to that!!! See alot of Heavy loads to the Carrib...wonder how much of it is really revenue or the FF.s burning up thier miles :angry: