Trivial Question

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
I would like to ask this of all TWU supporters who post here! And I am looking for honest and serious replies!

First of all, if you look at UAL, NW and SWA, have you ever stopped to consider that their respective incumbent unions were ousted becuase of dissatisfaction, plain and simple?

You seem to want to blame AMFA for misstruths and "raiding." But have you ever stopped to consider that those who voted for AMFA have minds of their own and simply wanted a change in representation?

As much as you like to accuse AMFA of lying, do you think they have the lock on corruption and lies? The TWU does have a track record of misrepresentation, as does all unions. To think that they are always the best choice for representation is somewhat lame.

If the TWU, as well as the IAM, were so adept at representing their members, AMFA would not exist!

Honest answer....I see amfa as a company tool to outsource. I see amfa as a wannabe stand alone union, UNTIL they deem themselves accepted by all, then begging to affiliate.

See amfa as mistruths...not so much as I do see them as tearing down other unions to sell their bag of trix during times of regression in our industry. You hit the nail on the head..."have you ever stopped to consider that their respective incumbent unions were ousted because of dissatisfaction, plain and simple?"...I whole-heartedly agree...and it is just that dissatisfaction that the TWU is attempting to rectify through the survey.

Also...If the TWU, as well as the IAM, were so adept at representing their members, AMFA would not exist!...you said it, not me. It is not on the accomplishments of amfa that it exists, that's a for sure statement...

You see Hopeful..we're not that different after all. :rolleyes:

Survey or no survey this is more smoke and mirrors by the twu the same as 1999 when we had let's change from within. The bottom line is that the int'l is trying to buy time and have no intention of changing. If the twu truely wanted to change they would allow us to sit in on negoiations elect our int'l officers and not appoint people to int'l postions that we do not trust (kirk wells a convicted felon and tim mcinanlly) These two were appointed from the afw base. Kirk has told many people that he is untouchable(including myself) if this is true that he is untouchable this is even more proof that the twu is corrupt and in colusion with the company and does not deserve to represent the mechanics and related classification at american. I believe that you are trying to twist the words of Hopeful which is a typical twu ploy when they are trying to divert attention from themselves. You know as well as I do that what hopeful was saying is that if the twu,iam or the ibt had been doing there jobs and representing the memberships best interest and not there own there would not be anybody wanting to change unions. My proof that the twu only cares about the memberships money was recieved in the mail today in the form of a twu indorced life insurance policy. Please don't try and put a spin on this like you have previously done because it will only show how desperate you and the twu really are.

Have an AMFA day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

767 mechanic said:
Survey or no survey this is more smoke and mirrors by the twu the same as 1999 when we had let's change from within. The bottom line is that the int'l is trying to buy time and have no intention of changing. If the twu truely wanted to change they would allow us to sit in on negoiations elect our int'l officers and not appoint people to int'l postions that we do not trust (kirk wells a convicted felon and tim menially) These two were appointed from the afw base. Kirk has told many people that he is untouchable(including myself) if this is true that he is untouchable this is even more proof that the twu is corrupt and in colusion with the company and does not deserve to represent the mechanics and related classification at american. I believe that you are trying to twist the words of Hopeful which is a typical twu ploy when they are trying to divert attention from themselves. You know as well as I do that what hopeful was saying is that if the twu,iam or the ibt had been doing there jobs and representing the memberships best interest and not there own there would not be anybody wanting to change unions. My proof that the twu only cares about the memberships money was recieved in the mail today in the form of a twu indorced life insurance policy. Please don't try and put a spin on this like you have previously done because it will only show how desperate you and the twu really are.

Have an AMFA day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post="172286"][/post]​

Hey brother, swallow another Quaalude and relax. Hopeful asked a question and requested an honest answer...I gave him one. No "spinning" intended...

Here's an honest observation...let an amfaite ask a question, any question... and a TWU supporter answer that question...*blaaaaammmm*...shots fired...you kool-aid drinking, delle dunking, MAG fags, unjustly attack...Ever wonder why we don't answer half your dumb questions? We don't want to read your dumb replies.

Oh yeah..God forbid someone cares about your spouses and children and offers you a life insurance program...I know...if delle isn't selling it, you aren't buying...what an idiot.

Hey dumbass I mean Earl. Hopeful did ask for a truthful answer not another twu lie. I did not mention anything about your alternative lifestyle so if you don't want anybody to know(mainly your wife and kids) I would suggest you keep your fat mouth shut. Oh yea I would not be mentioning gods name with your lifestyle I am not sure but, I don't think he agrees with it. As far as Dell goes I don't think he or any other person or organization that works for AMFA gets kickbacks from the insurance companys or any other organization that they are indorcing. So I believe that th eonly idiot around here is you earl.

Have an AMFA day!!!!!!!!!!!!

My my...sitting upon Delle's lap has really gotten you confused. First I'm Steve, now I'm Earl...and you're still an idiot.

Somehow I feel no matter how I would have responded I would have received the same feedback from amfa's finest and unquestionably most literate...makes a guy wonder...why bother...you guys suck...with or without amfa.

BTW...I just flushed my AMFA day and wiped my 767 mechanic...coffee...does the body good.

Well, I did just finish my TWU survey. I did answer each and every question seriously and honestly.
I just hope that every member takes the time to do the survey. Kind of like voting for president. If you didn't vote, you can't complain.

I also hope something comes of the survey. This week, all TWU local officers gathered at a big meeting with Little. My local officer told us that the union wants to restructure and reorganize, which is absolutley essential. But he did say that there are those old school local officers who don't wish to embrace change. Little was successful in pressing the locals to support concessions over bankruptcy, let's see if he can pursuade the old schoolers into accepting necessary change!

BTW:

My local president said present at the big TWU meeting was the AFL-CIO. They have a vested interest in making sure AMFA does not win at AA. Let's hope that change is imminent and the TWU wakes up and makes the changes needed.

Hopeful said:
BTW:

My local president said present at the big TWU meeting was the AFL-CIO. They have a vested interest in making sure AMFA does not win at AA. Let's hope that change is imminent and the TWU wakes up and makes the changes needed.
[post="172321"][/post]​

Hopeful,
I have seen this before, "twu CHANGE", there is no such thing. The only reason they are talking change is because of the AMFA drive. They are scared to death of losing those almighty dollars and becoming nothing more that which the iam is...a ramper union . We the AMT are the twu's clout at the bargaining table. They use us and then cast us aside until the next contract. They have said the same "We are CHANGING" crap for many, many years. The twu can't change. Thats a proven fact. The twu proved in Federal Court that the twu International owns our contract, not the membership. Therefore you simply do not have control of your union......and you never will.

A twu survey is not worth the paper its written on.

Hackman said:
Hopeful,
I have seen this before, "twu CHANGE", there is no such thing. The only reason they are talking change is because of the AMFA drive. They are scared to death of losing those almighty dollars and becoming nothing more that which the iam is...a ramper union . We the AMT are the twu's clout at the bargaining table. They use us and then cast us aside until the next contract. They have said the same "We are CHANGING" crap for many, many years. The twu can't change. Thats a proven fact. The twu proved in Federal Court that the twu International owns our contract, not the membership. Therefore you simply do not have control of your union......and you never will.

A twu survey is not worth the paper its written on.
[post="172336"][/post]​

True!

Hackett...I agree...if it were not for the AMFA drive more than likely the TWU, and myself included, would have simply been "going through the motions" of being the union we have been. But, through the membership, the TWU sees it is time to change. And in order for this change to be what we, the membership, would like to see it be, we MUST fill out the surveys, or forever shut our damn mouths.

You ask for a democracy, if you do not fill out the surveys then you have no right to ask no more. And filling them out in an unprofessional manner will benefit no one.

You have achieved STEP ONE, you received the attention of the International and they are willing to change.

Nightwatch said:
Hackett...I agree...if it were not for the AMFA drive more than likely the TWU, and myself included, would have simply been "going through the motions" of being the union we have been. But, through the membership, the TWU sees it is time to change. And in order for this change to be what we, the membership, would like to see it be, we MUST fill out the surveys, or forever shut our damn mouths.

You ask for a democracy, if you do not fill out the surveys then you have no right to ask no more. And filling them out in an unprofessional manner will benefit no one.

You have achieved STEP ONE, you received the attention of the International and they are willing to change.
[post="172604"][/post]​
I am filling out my survey, I just recieved it today. I will fill it out honestly with no BS. I will tell you again.... I want action, not surveys. The twu will not, no matter how many surveys, meetings with Arpey, or any other meaningless actions they deem necessary, allow real change!!!! The twu constitution will not allow the twu members to file a recall petition on twu International Officers and vote as individual members to remove an officer. This is just a start of many major changes that will not happen with the twu. We have tried this in the past many times, and have been stonewalled every single damn time by the twu International.

Furthermore, we still have the ramp saddled along for the ride. This will never change with the twu. I simply want AA M@R to be in our own union, period. No matter if you have separate constitutions, and contracts....there is still the fact that the twu will always take care of them first because they are the majority in the twu. I DO NOT have any ill will toward the ramp, every work group needs to stand alone when contract time comes. The pilots do, the flight attendants do, and so will we as M@R.

We have the attention of the twu International, but we won't keep it for long.

And you see...I'm seeing a union through my union eyes. I see the ramp as part of my union, along with stores and whoever else works with my airline in my profession of the airline industry.

We simply see things differently Hackett, I'm not saying either one is the correct route, but industrial has worked for me for the last 26 years. I have worked along side many a good man and woman who decided they wanted to stay in ramp, stay as janitor, or stay as guard. I feel obligated to my "family" of friends, not wanting to seperate. I will continue to call them brothers and sisters.

AMFA members will become frustrated also...time is a cure for their feeling of success. Our industry is changing courtesy of Jet Blue and others.

Steve, we are not trying to take away the twu from stores or Fleet Service. If they want to keep them they can. The mechanic craft and class, like the flight attendants and pilots is set by the NMB not us. Also, we won't be moving anywhere so you will still be able to see and talk to your freinds like usual.

Latest posts