Trouble Ahead - Volume Ii

WNforlife said:

"Everyone knows that as soon as he sits across the table from Herb, Thom McDaniel will wet his pants and capitulate."

He sat across the table from Herb just the other day, and there were no reports of any pants wetting. If I hear otherwise after their May 4 meeting, I'll make sure and update you.

swagalleyhag said:
WNforlife said:

"Everyone knows that as soon as he sits across the table from Herb, Thom McDaniel will wet his pants and capitulate."

He sat across the table from Herb just the other day, and there were no reports of any pants wetting. If I hear otherwise after their May 4 meeting, I'll make sure and update you.
Yeah, but they were just chit-chatting then. Wait until the negotiations start. I hope Thom is wearing his huggies.

Well, the TWU 556 Negotiating Team met with Herb Kelleher again today, and WNForLife, I'm sure you'll be sad to hear that Thom McDaniel again was able to hold his bladder. No pants wetting.

The 556 Team presented their counter proposal to Management's "Best Offer". We'll see where things go from here.

Wow! only three months to present a counter to Managements Feb proposal. That's pretty good considering the amount of time and effort Thom has spent doing strike prep.

BTW, he may be holding his bladder, but after meeting with Herb and Coleen Apr 22, the tone of his Hotline was considerably subdued.

4wheelr said:
Wow! only three months to present a counter to Managements Feb proposal. That's pretty good considering the amount of time and effort Thom has spent doing strike prep.

BTW, he may be holding his bladder, but after meeting with Herb and Coleen Apr 22, the tone of his Hotline was considerably subdued.
:rolleyes: Give me a break!! :rolleyes:

It's a little hard to present a counter when your CEO won't agree to meet w/you.

Let's just agree it was about time this all re-started, and we're glad they're talking.

How about that??

swflyer said:
Let's just agree it was about time this all re-started, and we're glad they're talking.
Agreed! We ALL should keep quiet - the only communication (from either side) should be private and across a bargaining table.

4wheelr,

As swflyer stated, Parker refused to meet with the Union Negotiating Team for 3 months, hence the delay in presenting a counter. Had Parker agreed to meet with them, they could have presented a counter within a few days.

And regarding the tone of the hotline changing... Of course it changed. We have been at a stalemate at the table basically since July last year. Parker refused to meet with us to discuss a counter 3 months ago. We're back at the table now actually making progress. Again, OF COURSE THE TONE OF THE HOTLINE CHANGED.

Reading these messages about McDaniel is humorous to me sometimes. I actually know him, so it's funny to see how people characterize him. Most of you are WAY off base.

swagalleyhag said:
Well, the TWU 556 Negotiating Team met with Herb Kelleher again today, and WNForLife, I'm sure you'll be sad to hear that Thom McDaniel again was able to hold his bladder. No pants wetting.

The 556 Team presented their counter proposal to Management's "Best Offer". We'll see where things go from here.
A counter offer! What a breakthrough. Too bad they wouldn't give Parker one. And Thom says it wasn't personal.

swagalleyhag said:
Reading these messages about McDaniel is humorous to me sometimes. I actually know him, so it's funny to see how people characterize him. Most of you are WAY off base.
And I actually know Parker. But I don't find it at all funny to see the way McDaniel and the rest of the union leadership (sic) characterize him. What we do have in common is believing that they are way off base.

A counter offer! What a breakthrough. Too bad they wouldn't give Parker one. And Thom says it wasn't personal.

Nebbie,

FYI, Parker wouldn't accept a counter. He clearly stated that he would not accept a counter, and that he would only agree to meet with the Union to discuss presenting his proposal to the Membership for a vote. As I'm sure you know, Union Members don't vote on proposals, they vote on agreements made by both parties. Thom's requests to return to the table to bargain were denied.

swagalleyhag said:
FYI, Parker wouldn't accept a counter.
Not true. After delivering the latest offer, the SWA negotiating team stayed at the hotel awaiting the union's response. Thom et. al. decided to fly home instead and never returned, choosing to make inflamatoy statements to the press instead.