Trouble In Paradise

BlackOps

Nov 3, 2003
A friend of mine informed me that PDT is not communicating with ALG on the issues of seniority list integration and the proposed fence agreement. There have been no discussions between the two groups on either topic. PDT is negotiating on its own.

The word is that reason for the logjam is because the new ALG Chairman was aligned with the three ALG MEC members who roll call voted acceptance the non-negotiable, (company's terms), PDT/ALG Merger Agreement; instead of sending it out to the ALG pilots for ratificaton as is the policy at PDT. PDT, who refused to accept those same terms, feels sold out by the ALG MEC roll call majority. Simply put, ALG's roll call majority and their new chairman got in bed with Express Division and layed down. That rubs the PDT pilots the wrong way... big time. To make matters worse, the ALG MECC is asking ALG management "how high?", when it asks him to jump... and PDT knows that as well.

Smart money seems to be behind the theory that after the 100 day ALPA mandated negotiating period, it will all end up in mediation/arbitration.

first of all, the mecc isn't 'in bed' with either management or the 'roll call' processors, as the vicechair he was privy to some of the actions (or lack there of) of the previous mecc, and i believe, acted as he thought was necesary to protect his constituents.
he's a good man and I trust him to do whats right for the pilot group. unfortunately, I don't believe he'll stay on/run for mecc (for which i don't blame him in the least) after his 'interim' assignment comes due.

secondly, the pdt guys don't want this to go to arbitration, the alg guys have a 'merger fund' that has been growing for a very long time, pdt has no such fund and would have to struggle to pay for legal representation at any arbitration.

Whats done is done, we need to worry about how to keep all of the jobs and ensure a future of some sort for the pilot group not obsess about the past.

:lol: :ph34r: :ph34r: AND ALPA LAWYERS AT THAT!!!! GOOD THAT CRACKS ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isn't getting better for the ALG folks....

In their latest hotline, they reference enforcing "section D.3." of their restructuring agreement that requires them to be the next to be hired at Mid Atlantic. Oops! (They had better move quick, they'll be at PDT soon). Rumor has it that they are looking at another flow-through agreement they just got from Airways, and it lets them hire people off the street. Ouch!

The same hotline talks about: "continued talks with the PDT merger committee", (which are not happening), and how talks with PDT's VP of Operations and the Company's attorney will help assist "the equitable integrateion of the ALG and PDT pilots." You can breath easy boys and girls... The company is helping the ALG and PDT pilots integrate their seniority lists.