Trust Dave??

N786P

Advanced
Nov 8, 2002
When you close the door in the faces of 300 + - workers and the families they support with NO prior notice, and Steven Wolfe is still in the drivers seat as a pointman.....Trust...dont even go there with me.

Mr. Wolf is still the chairman of the board.
The board is what makes the big money decisions like closing TPAs maintenance facility.
So to answer your question, Yes, As long as Wolf is on the board he has influence on the decision makeing unfortunatly.

Bob you could not be anymore wrong, CLT and PIT will not have sufficent hangar space when the Airbus narrow bodies come due for their five year heavy "S" check. When Wolf made the decison to close ROA, INT and GSO we had numerous airplanes parked in CLT, PIT and TPA awaiting heavy maintenance because we lacked the hangar space to get the work done.[BR][BR]Last time I checked airplanes that are parked on the ground due to maintenance that cannot carry passengers do not generat revenue.[BR][BR]Bob, I suggest you might want to educate yourself on the history of this company and not post assumptions when you are not even in the business.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/29/2002 1:17:53 PM Biffeman wrote:

Bob you could not be anymore wrong, CLT and PIT will not have sufficent hangar space when the Airbus narrow bodies come due for their five year heavy "S" check. When Wolf made the decison to close ROA, INT and GSO we had numerous airplanes parked in CLT, PIT and TPA awaiting heavy maintenance because we lacked the hangar space to get the work done.

Last time I checked airplanes that are parked on the ground due to maintenance that cannot carry passengers do not generat revenue.

Bob, I suggest you might want to educate yourself on the history of this company and not post assumptions when you are not even in the business.
----------------
[/blockquote]
You on the mark with this one Biffeman, can you say "Whos Your Daddy!

It would be fair to note that Mr. Wolf, who has a lot of worthless stock certificates now (he got burned at his own game), will be out the door this coming year. As part of the reorganization the BOD will get a completely new face...and I doubt Wolf will be the RSA's first choice for Chairman. However, Wolf's term had already been set to expire next March or May (Chip?) and he is nothing more than a lame duck Chairman.

The best thing about this - he WILL be gone with in 6 months...if not sooner.

Dfw79,
As long as Wolf is with US you can bet that he's gonna a thorn in our side.And you can bet your bottom dollar that he make his money one way or another.

[blockquote]

[STRONG]Biffeman had better rethink the "not post assumptions" bit. That is all that you've been doing since you registered here about a week ago.[/STRONG][/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]
Itrade Old Friend, Just a little background info and insight.
Biffeman is not a newcomer to the board. He's an "Old Actor under a New Name.

The Rap world has Puff Daddy aka P. Diddy...and we have Biffeman.

Those of us who believe we have some perspective on the current situation, but do not work for the company, should be mindful, as we post side by side with people who are on the property daily, that they see things we don't. Mr. Wolf is non-executive Chairman, which suggests that while he can be a resource, he isn't running the company. He enjoys a decent reputation in the industry, and I should think he doesn't want to sully that any more than it already has been, so I would guess the current management is pretty much calling the shots. It certainly looks that way. USAirways was in a very weakened state, following the failed UA merger. That's why it folded so quickly after 9/11. In the weak operating environment which has followed that tragedy, the company has continually failed to gain traction, despite draconian service cuts, and numerous employee givebacks. It is the perversity of logic which prevails in the business world in this country today, that believes pumping tax dollars into this carcass will do anything other than exert uneeded economic pressure on competitors whose own balance sheets aren't much better, but who have a fighting chance to survive, so long as they don't have to compete with subsidized rivals. Unfortunately, it's all about cash and market share, none of which are in great supply at USAir. You can see how it will end. The only variable is when.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/29/2002 1:17:53 PM Biffeman wrote:
[P]Bob you could not be anymore wrong, CLT and PIT will not have sufficent hangar space when the Airbus narrow bodies come due for their five year heavy "S" check. When Wolf made the decison to close ROA, INT and GSO we had numerous airplanes parked in CLT, PIT and TPA awaiting heavy maintenance because we lacked the hangar space to get the work done.[BR][BR]----------------[BR][BR][STRONG]I'd point out that when the closing of the ROA, INT and GSO shops took place, there were something like 420 aircraft in US's possession - including a lot of 737-200s and F-100s which were maintenance hungry aircraft.[BR][/STRONG][BR][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/29/2002 1:17:53 PM Biffeman wrote:[BR][BR]Bob, I suggest you might want to educate yourself on the history of this company and not post assumptions when you are not even in the business.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][STRONG]Biffeman had better rethink the "not post assumptions" bit. That is all that you've been doing since you registered here about a week ago.[/STRONG][/P]

[EM]It is the perversity of logic which prevails in the business world in this country today, that believes pumping tax dollars into this carcass will do anything other than exert uneeded economic pressure on competitors whose own balance sheets aren't much better, but who have a fighting chance to survive, so long as they don't have to compete with subsidized rivals. Unfortunately, it's all about cash and market share, none of which are in great supply at USAir. You can see how it will end. The only variable is when.[BR][BR][/EM][FONT face="Comic Sans MS"]I think there are some other variables. The government is taking on a huge reorganization acknowledging the permanent change to that has come to our country. [BR][BR]The network carriers have been unable to recapture the revenue streams that existed previous to the dot com collapse and 9/11. Without that revenue none of the mature carriers have a business model that works.[BR][BR]The risk is to the economy. If several major carriers cease operations the default on debt would ripple through the various markets. The last few threats to strike against the big boys have resulted in the President intervening because of perceived damage a strike could cause to the economy.[BR][BR]It comes down to what you believe the future holds. Will we return again to previous market conditions in time to keep the heavily leveraged carriers on a schedule to repay their debt? If a few go by the wayside and the big boys get even bigger what effect will that have on competition and fares when we see a recovery.[BR][BR]If this is a permanent and lasting change to our industry then our tax dollars might well be leveraged to guarantee some loans propping up those who have reorganized to face this change.[BR][BR]This type of situation paralyzed USAir many years ago. At that time the question was whether to reorganize to meet the threat of the then up coming Southwest challenge or to add 1st class seats and leverage the network we just bought (PSA, Piedmont, USAir) to charge a premium fare to cover our high costs. We took quite a while to decide and then failed to execute it well when we chose.[BR][BR]They told us we were at a cross roads back then. This industry is at a cross roads now.[/FONT]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/29/2002 1:17:53 PM Biffeman wrote:

Bob you could not be anymore wrong, CLT and PIT will not have sufficent hangar space when the Airbus narrow bodies come due for their five year heavy "S" check. When Wolf made the decison to close ROA, INT and GSO we had numerous airplanes parked in CLT, PIT and TPA awaiting heavy maintenance because we lacked the hangar space to get the work done.

Last time I checked airplanes that are parked on the ground due to maintenance that cannot carry passengers do not generat revenue.

Bob, I suggest you might want to educate yourself on the history of this company and not post assumptions when you are not even in the business.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Actually, we have another problem when the Airbuses come out of S check. They will be on a block C program, which requires even more hangar space. No wonder Cap'n Dave want to farm out your work. In a few years, there'll be parked airplanes all over the place....or the plan will be for us to be an Airbus only fleet by the time those block Cs are due. Or we'll just be out of business, which is probably just as likely.

I'm out the door, so I could care less. But, if I could say one thing, under no circumstances allow the company to farm out work. You start down that slippery slope by letting them do "a little" to help us through "hard times." You'll just see more and more of it go to the backwoods ya hoo hangars of 'Bama and North Florida. Hold your ground, guys. We gave a hell of a lot already, and many of us gave our jobs up. So, Dave can go elsewhere looking for concessions. Last time I checked, pilots had a lot of free time in their schedules. Maybe make them do something productive instead of fishing and so on. Work 40 hours a week like the rest of us "little people."

Itrade, there were numerous airplanes parked in PIT, CLT and TPA awaiting heavy maintenance after they closed ROA, INT and GSO. The airplanes were parked due to US not having enough hangar space to accomplish the C and Q checks due on those airplanes. So when you shut down 2 lines of Cs and 4 lines of Qs with the closing of ROA, INT and GSO and you try to stuff 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag it did not work and the worked just backed up.