Truth or RUMOR.....

PBI2FLL

Senior
Jul 5, 2005
Other than the BOS crew base closure, which has already been announced.

I'm not liking what I'm hearing....

There's been a lot of rumors over the past few months. I even heard fourth hand of a gate agent (being furloughed in February) calling the furlough line and being asked "Are you calling about the February or April furlough?" This is the airline industry; rumors abound and feed on each other. On the other hand, we talk amongst ourselves, and with or competitors employees (effectively our peers) quite often. Usually things don't come true, but occasionally... Being in LAS and not far from the bottom come February 15th I'm working on plans for a new job. If it comes through great, if not, well I hope there isn't another furlough.

To Management: Good job. You've inspired a complete and total lack of caring and morale in your employees.

Here is a quote from an Associated Press article:

Investors have been watching US Airways' cash situation closely. Earlier this month it said it would end 2009 with about $2 billion in cash, which was enough to reassure analysts.

On Oct. 28, Tempe, Ariz.-based US Airways said it will cut 1,000 jobs during the first half of this year and shift nearly all of its flying to its three hubs (Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Charlotte, N.C.) and Washington. It also said it would suspend several international routes. It's keeping its US Airways Shuttle between Boston, New York, and Washington.

So, yes, someone is getting whacked this year. It shouldn't be a surprise. The company usually hands out furlough packages in February so we won't have to wait long.

Oh, wait a minute. The 1k is in ref to the las super downsizing ..or something else? I think it is just the las downsizing.

let hear B_U_Y_O_U_T :up: :up: :up: :up:

Do let the door hit me leaving........c'mon..just Dougie, just once around the system....

A slew of us would b-e-g-o-n-e....

This question came up in the SOTA and Parker said that beyond what was already announced they have no additional plans to furlough anymore. And actually (I believe I heard this correctly), the block hours for 2010 are higher than they first expected so they are reevaluating pilot furloughs and Kirby said that it would end up being less than they originally planned (optimistically he said close to none on the West and less than anticipated on the East).

Latest posts