Truth Or Story

L'ACADIAN

Oct 29, 2003
has anyone ever heard of back in the day far north pilots flying with animals ,like cats because we all know cats always land on there feet ,right !! so they would fly with them and if they had problems with weather and or intruments they would rely on the cat for being strait and level .... :D :D :D i heard this through the grape vine ,r they ripe or rotten..... sounds like a taile from the far 2 me :)

salut !!

So you would throw the cat up in the air and see which way he falls down? Which way would you throw him(any way would be fun though)as apparently you wouldn't know where up is. Wasn't much room in some of them old planes to have a bunch of creatures roamin around and being flung around would get you in a bunch of trouble too.

I think a cup of coffee and a duck would work, the coffee to keep you calm and any pilot worth his/her salt wouldn't spill it. The duck you let go and follow. And accordin to some other's around here, if that duck were to be flyin round in the plane, it may even light the load.

Course then you need something or someone to be makin coffee all the time and the damn duck needs to be looked after, plus if you had to emergency release the duck then a replacement would have to be located prior to next flight(imagine the air nav order for that). Probably used airspeed indicator, wind noise and the compass, but not nearly as fun as the ####, but thats another story.

sk

Hello L Acadian.

Could you please find me two gallons of Prop Wash.I here they only sell it back east.Allso my Sky Hook is broken too Ill take two of those please.

Thanks Mini. H ave a ggood day!!!!!

And while your at the store pickin up Mini propwash grab me a can of compression. :p :up:

What's the matter, haven't you heard about the "Cat and Duck" method of IFR? I think it went out with the radio range, you know "dot..dot...hmmmmm....dit...dit!
Anyway, you have the cat with you in the cockpit, if he leans right, turn right...etc. if you're on the approach and it really looks murky, toss out the duck and follow him to the ground (if the cat hasn't chased him away already!) :D

Am glutton for this;

Where does the cat sit?

Nowdays you'd have to have an STC'd cat seat and since it is probably up front the poor bggr would have to have shoulder harnesses. Probably screw up the left-right leaning thing and cause crash. Who the hell invented this method?

Sorry gotta go, the downwash is gettin mixed up with the propwash, causing intermingling of the flightline dragging the skyhook off the wall into the bucket of compression. Now there's engineer tracks all over the windows and stupids(=a group of) of pilots meandering everywhere trying to get into pushpulls instead of eggbeaters and the only one making any sense is the tc guy trying to do an ifr ride in an old donkey with a young beaver.

And its dark.

Don't know about cats and dogs but heard great story in the old Cold War days.

Some USAF outfit had visited Cold Lake and stolen a squadron's mascot, a stuffed creature of sorts.

The Canucks go on the reciprocal visit and figure, we are gonna get their mascot. Well turns out their mascot is a live chimp! Clever young fighter pilots, they feed said chimp much beer and pickled eggs (a tactical error as you will hear). The mascot falls asleep and finds itself in the back seat of a T-Bird driven by the newest Lt on the squadron of course now at FL250 somewhere over Montana.

The chimp, pardon the pun, goes ape sh*t and starts tearing at everything he can reach with his arms which is quite a lot apparently. The poor driver is in a tizzy, this damn monkey might pull the ejection handles which would eject both occupants in sequence. He declares an emergency to land at some other USAF base and all the while thinking he may have to eject himself if this animal doesn't calm down yet this would pop the rear seat out first but the monkey is no longer strapped in. What a dilemma for this poor young pilot.

T-Bird lands, stops on runway as emergency vehicles surround him, the canopy goes up and out goes the chimp like a scalded cat running across the airfield only to be shot by USAF security patrol five minutes later. Very politically wrong of course but still darn funny after all these years you know. Apparently a chimpanzee scared out of his ever loving mind will defecate and urinate profusely, so not only had this poor pilot now killed his friends monkey but he had a rather odiferous jet with several pieces ripped out of the rear cockpit and had to explain that to his commanding officer.

That one has always stuck with me as a good lesson. If an animal goes flying with me, unless it's a trained dog with a handler, it goes in a kennel/cage.

Green aligators and long necked geese........ :D :p :lol: :wacko: :D