Tsa-dca-has This Happened To You?

Jun 26, 2005
:angry:
I am a F/A with US. Came to the airport the other day to board a CLT flight to go to training. Line for security was six deep as usual.

The TSA agent would NOT let me board through the crew line with my ID because I was not in uniform. (/I) Of course not-I was going to training. I called a supervisor, was told the same thing. I missed the flight, and now cannot work until I reschedule.

I am pursuing this and need to know if this has happened to anyone else for any reason-refusal of boarding through the crew line with crew ID at DCA.

Email (email deleted- please PM if you have info - Moderator)

THX

I'm sorry I can't really answer your question, but I will make a comment.When these idiots take away car keys (DFW I think) because they appear to be like a switch blade something is bad wrong. They get 0 respect here as respect must be earned.

I might add that there was another TSA agent going along the massive line and calling all passengers to the front of the line who were on the flight I was supposed to be on!

So, they were going through, but I could not. The 2nd TSA agent asked for a BOARDING PASS.

When I told her we didn't GET boarding passes, and showed her my Space Positive paperwork, she told me that that didn't show I was confirmed on the flight!

GRRRR

Veronica Taylor said:
I might add that there was another TSA agent going along the massive line and calling all passengers to the front of the line who were on the flight I was supposed to be on!

So, they were going through, but I could not. The 2nd TSA agent asked for a BOARDING PASS.

When I told her we didn't GET boarding passes, and showed her my Space Positive paperwork, she told me that that didn't show I was confirmed on the flight!

GRRRR
[post="279051"][/post]​

Sorry that you incurred problems and missed your flight. However TSA is correct:: Crew = working Crew members in uniforms. Yes, you would need a boarding pass prior to entering the TSA checkpoint as you were not "working the flight".

Crew Members going to training DO NOT GET boarding passes until we arrive at the gate. We have PAPER FORMS.....Space positive slips.

Also, at the OTHER checkpoint, a few yards down, we are able to go through the crew line with JUST ID-not in uniform. Always have. If I had the time, I could have used that checkpoint, gone down to the crew room and walked across the ramp and boarded the flight. But after the fiasco, I lacked time.

Also, we now have a crew room on gates 23-25, where USAir has relocated 1/2 of the previous crew room's computers. So, if I come to the airport for work related duties, IE-placing bids, seeing my supervisor, obtaining a parking pass, I must have a BOARDING PASS or BE IN UNIFORM to complete these work related tasks?

I appreciate your response, but I am just asking. And why have I been able to go through security with just my ID a few yards down at the other checkpoint? And why do restaurant workers NOT need to be in uniform to go through?

Veronica Taylor said:
Crew Members going to training DO NOT GET boarding passes until we arrive at the gate. We have PAPER FORMS.....Space positive slips.

Also, at the OTHER checkpoint, a few yards down, we are able to go through the crew line with JUST ID-not in uniform. Always have. If I had the time, I could have used that checkpoint, gone down to the crew room and walked across the ramp and boarded the flight. But after the fiasco, I lacked time.

Also, we now have a crew room on gates 23-25, where USAir has relocated 1/2 of the previous crew room's computers. So, if I come to the airport for work related duties, IE-placing bids, seeing my supervisor, obtaining a parking pass, I must have a BOARDING PASS or BE IN UNIFORM to complete these work related tasks?

I appreciate your response, but I am just asking. And why have I been able to go through security with just my ID a few yards down at the other checkpoint? And why do restaurant workers NOT need to be in uniform to go through?
[post="279082"][/post]​

Although crew members are Must Ride and use the green forms, they can still get a gate boarding pass issued at the Kiosk or ticket counter to allow entry to get to the gates. Yes, the actual seat assignments are made at the gate. The same is true if you are travelling on space available. However you can not check-in at the Kiosk nor ticket counter once the flight has been placed in FINAL which is 30 minutes prior to departure, before arriving at the gate.

It appears that the issue with the TSA is that you didn't have a boarding pass which verifies that you have a reservation and that you had been screened through the computer database.

Regarding other airport workers, their local airport ID gets them through the TSA checkpoint but everyone still has to go thrugh the security process. There are various levels of accessibility into sterile areas acording to the local airport ID. Restuarant workers don't have SIDA access into sterile areas.

Your company issued CREW ID is fine to get to your base office, but a boarding pass is needed if you are travelling and not working the flight.

But as you've noted you were not in the crew checkpoint line and you were running late...

No, I was not "running late." I was in line an hour before the flight left.

I lacked time after the fiasco to go to the other gate. And I mosr certainly WAS in the crew checkpoint line when it got to be 1/2 hour before the flight.

I think you misunderstood me.

Usually TSA lets you through the line with US Airways ID only. Don't know why they gave you such a hard time. That sucks.

singh4us said:
Sorry that you incurred problems and missed your flight. However TSA is correct:: Crew = working Crew members in uniforms. Yes, you would need a boarding pass prior to entering the TSA checkpoint as you were not "working the flight".
[post="279081"][/post]​

There's a big problem with this issue......I know at least in PHL, when standing in line in uniform with company ID, I'm ALWAYS cut off by Airport workers, which I might add look like thieves and hoods and in no way look like they are employees, and all they have to do is flash a badge! Why can't a crew member ID be valid enough to get through in plain clothes? I mean we've all gone through the screening process and been issued these new ID's that state we are crewmembers haven't we? :ph34r:

Veronica Taylor said:
No, I was not "running late." I was in line an hour before the flight left.

I lacked time after the fiasco to go to the other gate. And I mosr certainly WAS in the crew checkpoint line when it got to be 1/2 hour before the flight.

I think you misunderstood me.
[post="279118"][/post]​

Again sorry for your mishap. Sounds like a TSA meltdown -- you should have been allowed to the gate, especially at the crew lane. Seems like TSA is at fault here. :down:

Were you able to note the badge numbers of the TSA staff?

Please follow-up with a written complaint:

TSA Contact Center

Contact TSA

If you would like to pass on any positive feedback or concerns to TSA regarding your experience you should contact a screener supervisor at the airport. You may also contact the TSA Contact Center toll-free at 1-866-289-9673 or you may also E-mail us at [email protected]. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) takes all input very seriously and will respond promptly and appropriately to all complaints or comments.

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editori...torial_1029.xml

I know this is getting off the original subject, but the TSA needs to show some damn common sense. My father spent two weeks with me down in CLT and was leaving to go back home. He is 82 yrs old and has 5 joint replacements, you can just imagine what happens when he goes through security. He informed the TSA agent of his replacements and was still forced into an uncomfortable hold your arms up pat down, which lasted about 2 - 3 minutes. How many times can an agent pass the hand wand over a shoulder or hip and not realize it is a replacement. I filled out a survey form online which was not favorable to the TSA.

FWIW, at most of the airports I fly through, including DFW, crewmember line means crew members in uniform. It's why I wear my uniform when I commute to STL from Dallas (that and the fact that's it's easier to wear the thing than pack it).

Now, if I could find someone to care about the fact that the outside security company that checks boarding passes and id at the start of the maze at DFW allows passengers to fill up the crewmember only line... :lol:

TSA = THOUSANDS STANDING AROUND being TERRIBLY STUPID @SSHOLES
:down:

Speaking of TSA, this should be their theme song :: JET PLANE by the Bar & Grill Singers. They are a group of practicing attorneys from Austin spoofing themselves and their profession with lyrics set to a variety of musical styles. http://www.barandgrillsingers.com

TSA Theme Song :up:

A bit of Humor, blended with a bit of Truth about airport security, set to music.

Go to this website and listen and enjoy!

http://www.thetravelinsider.info/2005/imag...SAThemeSong.wma

LYRICS::

All my bags are packed,
I have my ID,
A printed itinerary,
A boarding pass,
And major credit card.

And I'll show you that
My computer works.
I'll shake my head at all the jerks
Whose crankiness is making this so hard (It's way too hard).

So frisk me to check for clues,
Tell me to take off my shoes,
Touch me, ask me what you need to know.

'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Just stand in line, and don't complain.
And soon, they'll let me go.

It's embarrassing each time I hear
Detectors beep on my braziere
It's underwire, so watch your hands you punk!

There's no hurry now,
My flight's delayed.
It's all because of somebody made
A joke and asked, So is our pilot drunk? (So is he drunk?)

So frisk me to check for clues,
Tell me to take off my shoes,
Touch me, ask me what you need to know.

'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Just stand in line, and don't complain.
And soon, we'll get to go.

Now it's time, unless they're lyin'
One more line, and I'll be flyin'
A random search and I'll be on my way.

At the gate,
What's this I see?
My airline declared bankruptcy.
They've cancelled every flight they had today. (they had today)

I'm pissed, and I want some booze.
Tell me where they took my shoes.
Hold me back, 'cause there's one thing I know...

I'm not leavin', there's no jet plane.
Just 18 hours down the drain.

(Leavin', there's no jet plane,
Just 18 hours down the drain)

Someday we'll get to go...