TULE Amts missing the boat

lpbrian

Veteran
Mar 7, 2004
Looks likes line AMTS are way ahead in AMT training on the Airbus fleet. Any one in OH Airbus qualified? AAR and Pemco awaits...

Looks like someone is trolling. Even if TUL AMTs aren't trained on A319/A321 there are plenty of other aircraft they can work on that they are qualified on while they wait for a class to open up. Why do people delight in another union member's possible misfortune?

Reactions: 5 people
Let's be realistic. The aircraft are brand new and will only be seen at line stations as they are added to the fleet and dedicated to certain routes.
It is going to be quite some time before TULE would see the aircraft for any check higher than a B.

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
Let's be realistic. The aircraft are brand new and will only be seen at line stations as they are added to the fleet and dedicated to certain routes.
It is going to be quite some time before TULE would see the aircraft for any check higher than a B.
Unless one gets broke (structure) and DWH can't fix it, then maybe just maybe it might get ferried to TUL. If that happens, then a small class would be set up.

Overspeed said:
Looks like someone is trolling. Even if TUL AMTs aren't trained on A319/A321 there are plenty of other aircraft they can work on that they are qualified on while they wait for a class to open up. Why do people delight in another union member's possible misfortune?

This is what the TWU brought back for ratification.

Don't expect anyone from TUL to be 319/321 trained, except the line mechanics.

The 787 will be the same. No language-No work. The TWU way.

Reactions: 3 people
MetalMover said:
Higher than a B check? Not going to happen according to the agreement AA has with Airbus or the leasing company. My understanding is that once a Airbus approaches a C check it either gets outsourced or returned for replacement. Aircraft these days are handled as replacement throw aways. 

Reactions: 2 people
1AA said:
Higher than a B check? Not going to happen according to the agreement AA has with Airbus or the leasing company. My understanding is that once a Airbus approaches a C check it either gets outsourced or returned for replacement. Aircraft these days are handled as replacement throw aways.
Isn't that what they said about the MD-80, that it was a throw-away plane...

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
I was told AA bought in to the Airbus phase C program. All the P Checks get part of the C Check work for the first 5 years. Then the Heavy will need to be done and so far I haven't heard where that will be done. My bet is half the work is in the rest is out.

1AA said:
I have to admit I did not know that the B check is to be outsourced as well. When I attended school, it was mentioned that when the aircraft came time for the heavy C....the aircraft would be turned in for replacement.
But who knows for sure as only time will tell.

Overspeed said:
Well you finally made a post I can agree with.

Reactions: 2 people
Overspeed said:
I agree, it is already known that the airbus fleet, 777, 787, 757, and some 767 fleet already farmed out........don't rub salt in the wounds of the TUL mechs, but they voted in the contract so it's not like the line guys screwed them.

Reactions: 4 people