Tulsa recall

Imagine that.

Can't wait to hear what the "haters" have to say. Oh, I can hear it now.........

Imagine that.

Can't wait to hear what the "haters" have to say. Oh, I can hear it now.........
Great news. Now if we could only get a non-concessionary twu contract for the first time in 25 years. Think burdchette can lead they way this time without having another union lead the way first??? :rolleyes:

Imagine that.

No need to say anything negative..It's always good to employ people.

Let's see what happens contract time..

Imagine that.

Good news for those who are getting the no doubt much needed partial restoration, too bad that its not the $500 a year they fork over to the TWU but the market rate thats responsible for the move by management.

AMR was no doubt alarmed that they got a 30% rejection rate at the first recall in DFW where more than likely most of the "recalls" came from with other departments and other stations. How many actually came "off the street"?

Here they are trying to get all this contract work but they are losing people every day.

So, no pats on the back for the TWU, they still retain the title as the Totally Worthless Union.

This would be even better news, if we had not lost over 800 jobs due to attrition over and above the 700+ on layoff.

This story is not completely accurate.

Maybe someone would like to provide the exact per-concession headcount at the Tulsa base and compare that to today's headcount.

Is it really right to celebrate 100 jobs when you have lost over 1,000 in total union member headcount?

How about it Bill? Can you give an honest answer to the TWU Tulsa headcount size today compared to January 2003? I will even give you the 100 claimed in today's announcement and I will bet this 100 is not even a 10% return of what has been lost by lay-off and unreplaced attrition.

This would be even better news, if we had not lost over 800 jobs due to attrition over and above the 700+ on layoff.

Maybe someone would like to provide the exact per-concession headcount at the Tulsa base and compare that to today's headcount.

Is it really right to celebrate 100 jobs when you have lost over 1,000 in total union member headcount?

HELL YES it's right to celebrate!! 100 members being recalled is a great start!

But then again you always do manage to find negativity in good news! :down: :down: :down:

How about it Bill? Can you give an honest answer to the TWU Tulsa headcount size today compared to January 2003? I will even give you the 100 claimed in today's announcement and I will bet this 100 is not even a 10% return of what has been lost by lay-off and unreplaced attrition.

The way it reads to me its more of a reassignment than a recall. It doesnt say anybody is being recalled off the street.
adjust its manning to backfill their vacated positions," and expects that, in total, more than 100 employees will receive recalls or reassignments

So if 60 OSMs are upgraded it doesnt mean they really recalled 60 mechanics since OSMs are part of the class and craft. I think they simply dont want all these guys quitting.

"Adjust its manning", "in total, more than 100 employees will receive recalls or reassignments", what exactly do they mean by that? Backfill 60 OSMs positions by offering 40 guys that were bumped out of OH OSM positions in Tulsa?

No where does it say that they are calling back 100 mechanics off the street.

The fact is that headcount on the title 1 sen list could actually be lower after this so called recall than it is now even though they are trying to spin this into a "recall".

But then again you always do manage to find negativity in good news! :down: :down: :down:

I didn't expect you to produce real hard numbers.

I fully expected you to read the propaganda, and celebrate without regards to the fact that we gave $620 Million to "save jobs" that a reality based hard look at the factual numbers prove that many of those "saved" jobs have actually been eliminated through attrition.

It is indeed great news that up to 100 members will get their lost $5.00 per hour skill premium back. But you still have another 5,000+ left in Tulsa and every line mechanic in the system that isn't really overly thrilled about the news, since they still eat beans and rice for dinner.

But go ahead and leave your offering at the alter off the working together logo, the facts really don't matter anymore.

I no longer wonder why AA spent so much money and effort to save the TWU from their own membership revolt and the NMB election. It is obvious why. Stupid is as Stupid does and you wouldnt know timed propoganda and pure BS when it is shot directly into the nostrils of your nose.

If they are recalling 100 from the street to backfill the upgrades, that is great news. Afterall, it will take the whole list to recall the 100 after all the refusals, and that eliminates tracking down several hundred to fill out a card for a change of unions. Bravo...how about clearing the rest of the lists up for us. :up: :up:

Good news for those who are getting the no doubt much needed partial restoration, too bad that its not the $500 a year they fork over to the TWU but the market rate thats responsible for the move by management.

AMR was no doubt alarmed that they got a 30% rejection rate at the first recall in DFW where more than likely most of the "recalls" came from with other departments and other stations. How many actually came "off the street"?

Here they are trying to get all this contract work but they are losing people every day.

So, no pats on the back for the TWU, they still retain the title as the Totally Worthless Union.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bob,
Just curious.

Who are the "hot prospects" that AA is "trying" to secure for contract work at JFK ??

Thanx,

NH/BB's

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bob,
Just curious.

Who are the "hot prospects" that AA is "trying" to secure for contract work at JFK ??

Thanx,

NH/BB's
It changes by the day. North American seems to be the only one thats panned out as far as hangar work.

Latest rumor is that all the paperwork for Varig was lost, so they cant bill them for the six months or so of work on that.

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have got to be the biggest "switch-hitter", I think I've have ever seen. You just can't seem to stay on one side of the fence when it comes to our members can you? One minute, you say we are over-inflated in headcount, and then you cry foul because you believe not enough are being replaced due to attrition.

You have no firm position, do you Informer? :blink:

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: