Tulsa's AMT's can make things better

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
It's nice to have a choice for a change but here are a few points to ponder and why I believe in the end Tulsa's AMT's will make our chosen industry better rather than worse

1) The TWU is not opposing a raid by the Teamsters (IBT).
Why is the TWU unopposed to the IBT raiding its membership? You deserve an honest answer.

2) AA’s AMT’s would pay higher dues and would represent an even smaller percentage of the IBT then the TWU. Why do you want less influence than you already have?

3) IBT’s International Representatives are appointed-isn’t that one of the principle complaints we already have against the TWU? That Jim Little has too much power? Do you think Jimmy Hoffa has any less?

4) Like the TWU the IBT’s negotiating sessions are closed to the membership.
Why the locked doors? AMFA’s members are allowed to witness negotiations in person.

5) As AMFA Local 12 the AMT’s at the Tulsa maintenance base would own the largest local in AMFA. If Tulsa’s AMT’s are unhappy you can bet the attention of AMFA’s National would be focused on their concerns or there would be consequences.

6) As the largest local in AMFA Tulsa would be in the unique position of throwing its weight around when it came to elections for National positions. Yes, AMFA’s officers are selected not by the leadership but by the union membership.

7) In AMFA there is a process available to have any officer recalled, national or local. It has happened in the past and will happen in the future. If their not working for your best interest they can be booted out and you don’t have to wait three years to do it.

8) Alaska and Southwest AMT’s have good contracts compared to ours. In fact our actions (accepting less) make it harder for their AMT’s to negotiate better terms. AMFA’s performance raises standards the TWU’s lack of performance lowers standards.

9) AMFA would not use AA AMT’s as a platform to unionize other work groups at American. Though the IBT swears they won’t does anyone believe them? In the past the TWU has pandered to other work groups in order to entrench themselves. They have even used the names of dead people.

10) Flight Engineers used to be TWU-think they ever regretted switching over to a craft union? The Flight Attendants, former TWU, how many do you know that are ready to switch back?

If you’ve already filled out a Teamster card, no worries, fill out an AMFA card also. The last time we had an election for representation was 1948. Think we're overdue?

Reactions: 3 people
It's nice to have a choice for a change but here are a few points to ponder and why I believe in the end Tulsa's AMT's will make our chosen industry better rather than worse

1) The TWU is not opposing a raid by the Teamsters (IBT).
Why is the TWU unopposed to the IBT raiding its membership? You deserve an honest answer.

2) AA’s AMT’s would pay higher dues and would represent an even smaller percentage of the IBT then the TWU. Why do you want less influence than you already have?

3) IBT’s International Representatives are appointed-isn’t that one of the principle complaints we already have against the TWU? That Jim Little has too much power? Do you think Jimmy Hoffa has any less?

4) Like the TWU the IBT’s negotiating sessions are closed to the membership.
Why the locked doors? AMFA’s members are allowed to witness negotiations in person.

5) As AMFA Local 12 the AMT’s at the Tulsa maintenance base would own the largest local in AMFA. If Tulsa’s AMT’s are unhappy you can bet the attention of AMFA’s National would be focused on their concerns or there would be consequences.

6) As the largest local in AMFA Tulsa would be in the unique position of throwing its weight around when it came to elections for National positions. Yes, AMFA’s officers are selected not by the leadership but by the union membership.

7) In AMFA there is a process available to have any officer recalled, national or local. It has happened in the past and will happen in the future. If their not working for your best interest they can be booted out and you don’t have to wait three years to do it.

8) Alaska and Southwest AMT’s have good contracts compared to ours. In fact our actions (accepting less) make it harder for their AMT’s to negotiate better terms. AMFA’s performance raises standards the TWU’s lack of performance lowers standards.

9) AMFA would not use AA AMT’s as a platform to unionize other work groups at American. Though the IBT swears they won’t does anyone believe them? In the past the TWU has pandered to other work groups in order to entrench themselves. They have even used the names of dead people.

10) Flight Engineers used to be TWU-think they ever regretted switching over to a craft union? The Flight Attendants, former TWU, how many do you know that are ready to switch back?

If you’ve already filled out a Teamster card, no worries, fill out an AMFA card also. The last time we had an election for representation was 1948. Think we're overdue?

You just don't get that AMFA will never get enough cards, their is to much diversity at AA and AMFA doesn't have the resources to motivate all the different factions to sign a card or to reach the soon to be laid off employee's, Teamsters are the only organization that have a chance so better get more Teamster cards signed before the Layoff & forget about AMFA.
Also Teamsters say they can & will reopen the contract once they get in read up on it. ;-)

You just don't get that AMFA will never get enough cards, their is to much diversity at AA and AMFA doesn't have the resources to motivate all the different factions to sign a card or to reach the soon to be laid off employee's, Teamsters are the only organization that have a chance so better get more Teamster cards signed before the Layoff & forget about AMFA.
Also Teamsters say they can & will reopen the contract once they get in read up on it. ;-)

You just don't get it, few are willing to spend $400 more a year for the same contract for the next 6 years. Not surprising that you believe that the Teamsters can open up the contract, you also believed in what 514 was telling you.
Let me ask you this, if the Teamsters are proven to be liars about opening up the contract, will you still support them?

You just don't get it, few are willing to spend $400 more a year for the same contract for the next 6 years. Not surprising that you believe that the Teamsters can open up the contract, you also believed in what 514 was telling you.
Let me ask you this, if the Teamsters are proven to be liars about opening up the contract, will you still support them?

Well AMFA definitely can't get enough cards so if not the Teamsters then guess we will just stick with the TWU.

Well AMFA definitely can't get enough cards so if not the Teamsters then guess we will just stick with the TWU.

Well those I work with are not going to switch to another industrial union that costs more, and has appointed people in the positions that count, the business agent. From what I hear on the line, they have told the Teamsters to take a walk. So once again, Tulsa is going their own direction. Why not try solidarity with the line and AFW for a change?

Reactions: 5 people
. Sounds to me that you have more fear of AMFA coming on the property than the current crap that we just voted in. I don't know if your trying to convince yourself or others on this forum that AMFA is not a good choice. You must fear democracy. People gave their lives for democracy. Unions like the twu and teamsters as well as the IAM are as democratic as the governments of Cuba and China. Until you and others understand this concept we will always be stuck with non democratic believers among our union brothers.

Reactions: 1 person
Well those I work with are not going to switch to another industrial union that costs more, and has appointed people in the positions that count, the business agent. From what I hear on the line, they have told the Teamsters to take a walk. So once again, Tulsa is going their own direction. Why not try solidarity with the line and AFW for a change?
I'm a 26er and I agree

Reactions: 1 person
Back during the last AMFA drive in Tulsa the TWU Lying 514, ur I mean local 514 convinced a bunch of the 74%ers that AMFA only took care of A and P Line Mechanics and would not represent overhaul. I've tried to get cards signed at Composite Repair Center but alot don't have A and Ps and refuse to sign a card.

Mechanics at AFW realize that the Teamsters were put in play by the twu to water down the AMFA drive, that by the way, is building mountum with the support of our twu local president. Two of the teamsters organizers were confronted by Larry two weeks ago at Schlotskys and were told NO THANKS. Although some IBT cards are being signed, those same people are siging AMFA cards, and we are educating them on the scam the twu is trying to pull with the teamster drive.
I am confident we will get more cards than we ever have at AFW with the help of our local, and we now have more organizers than we have ever had in the past with the AMP and AMFA drives. I hope Tulsa is doing the same. If your not involved, this is the time get off your ### and do whats right.

Good Luck and Get involved, this Will be the last drive

Reactions: 3 people
Amfa/Amp/Ibt have no chance at AA. Give it up!! Put your efforts into something constructive!!!!

Why does the minority always want to cram their agenda down our throats?

In Solidarity,

CIO

Amfa/Amp/Ibt have no chance at AA. Give it up!! Put your efforts into something constructive!!!!

Why does the minority always want to cram their agenda down our throats?

In Solidarity,

CIO

Let me guess change from within.

Where have I heard that before?

Mechanics at AFW realize that the Teamsters were put in play by the twu to water down the AMFA drive, that by the way, is building mountum with the support of our twu local president. Two of the teamsters organizers were confronted by Larry two weeks ago at Schlotskys and were told NO THANKS. Although some IBT cards are being signed, those same people are siging AMFA cards, and we are educating them on the scam the twu is trying to pull with the teamster drive.
I am confident we will get more cards than we ever have at AFW with the help of our local, and we now have more organizers than we have ever had in the past with the AMP and AMFA drives. I hope Tulsa is doing the same. If your not involved, this is the time get off your ### and do whats right.

Good Luck and Get involved, this Will be the last drive

You were wrong about the contract vote & now your wrong again, do you ever get tired of being wrong ALL THE TIME ????

Some of the rest of us certainly get tired of you & your minions being wrong ALL THE TIME LOL
go ahead spend your money & work your A$$ off again so we can laugh at you being wrong again. ;-) don't your ever get tired of constantly losing Odie ???