TWA Reunion at T5 JFK

Barfbag

Veteran
Oct 30, 2006
To: [email protected]
Sent: 8/21/2008 11:39:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: JetBlue's T5 Opening

Thanks so much for your note. The response from everyone has been simply amazing. As a former TWA employee, I’m deeply touched at how many of my former colleagues are interested in seeing our new terminal.

I’m seeing some notes that lead me to think I may not have been as clear as necessary when reaching out to invite former TWA employees. Many people have indicated how important it is for them to once again walk in the Saarinen building, and I couldn’t agree with you more about how special it is to be in that building. While our new terminal is connected to the Saarinen building via the famous “tubes,†due to extensive asbestos removal required in the Saarinen building, our friends at the Port Authority advise us the Saarinen building will NOT be open for tours on September 22. We fully expect the building to be available to the public in the coming months, but sadly it will not be open on September 22.

With that said, what I can tell you is that our new terminal sits on the ground once occupied by the Flight Wings, and our ticketing lobby has the most amazing view of the back of the Saarinen building, and yes, we kept the huge TWA sign that faced the ramp area.

The purpose of this note is to be as transparent as possible and not mislead anyone wishing to see the inside of the Saarinen building. There are many of you planning to travel a great distance to attend the event, and I simply want to set expectations.

We are going to have an absolutely amazing opening on September 22, complete with lots of surprises. One thing I can tell you is that we have invited the TWA Clipped Wings to participate in the opening, and have our fingers crossed for the TWA Constellation to be there as well. “Connie†is currently undergoing her “C-check†and everyone is working very hard to have her at the event.

Sorry for the long-winded note, but I wanted everyone to know about the Saarinen building and most importantly to know that our CEO Dave Barger wanted to make sure all TWA employees were welcome at this event.

Your printed invitation will be going out in the next week or so. I look forward to seeing you then

----------------------
Sent: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 8:08 pm
Subject: JetBlue Airways would like to invite any former TWA employee

OK Folks......I guess this might just turn into a Mini-Reunion. Pass it on...send in you request for an invite & lets pack Term 5. I don't know what/if there will be a limit on the amount of people formally invited........ so get your request in soon. See you there. Jocko

JetBlue Airways would like to invite any former TWA employee to the opening of its new Terminal 5 at JFK. For a sneak peak of the new terminal, go to www.t508.com <http://www.t508.com/> .
If you are interested in attending the celebration on September 22, you must email [email protected] with the following information:
Name
Mailing address (JetBlue is sending formal invitations for the event)
Email address
Position held at TWA

Todd will send you a formal invitation, which must be presented for admission to the event. Due to an overwhelming response to this event, attendance is limited only to former TWA employees.

Todd Burke
Vice President Corporate Communications
JetBlue Airways
118-29 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Phone: 718.709.3080
Fax: 718.709.2085

To Jet: Call 1-800-JETBLUE or log on to jetblue.com

You can e-mail Todd Burke please read and attend, don't forget to wear your TWA colors.

JetBlue Airways would like to invite any former TWA employee to the opening of its new Terminal 5 at JFK. For a sneak peak of the new terminal, go to www.t508.com <http://www.t508.com/> .
If you are interested in attending the celebration on September 22, you must email [email protected] with the following information:

Name
Mailing address (JetBlue is sending formal invitations for the event)
Email address
Position held at TWA

Todd will send you a formal invitation, which must be presented for admission to the event. Due to an overwhelming response to this event, attendance is limited only to former TWA employees.

Todd Burke
Vice President Corporate Communications
JetBlue Airways
118-29 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Phone: 718.709.3080
Fax: 718.709.2085

To Jet: Call 1-800-JETBLUE or log on to jetblue.com